Thread: UD2.0 could I...

Wannabebig Member

UD2.0 could I...

Hey everyone, I'll give a little intro on myself first . my name is John and im 18 years young.
    I ve been looking around this site for a while and been following some really good advice... would like to thank Built for the amazin info on the carb cycling diet, thats where it all started for me!
    I weighed around 185 in feb and now, currently weigh 165 pounds and I'm around 5'8".

Now ive started the UD2.0 to get rid of the last bit of stubborn fat fom my chest and stomach area.

My question is : I started this diet on tuesday and as the carb load is therefore on friday night and all saturday... could i change the carb load to a later day?
    ...ie. could i continue with the diet and jus do another two carb depletion days, so ill get carb loading on sunday night and all monday? (this is because i'll be going out for dinner with friends and family and i know my carb intake will be sky high lol)
    Is it possible to do this or will this have major effects ?

It will also mean that my carb load will be on the mondays thereafter aswell, so i would need to shift back a day too (wanna keep carb loading on fiday nights lol)

Hope this isnt too complicated!

Phatboy
    If you do another two depletion workouts before the carb load, you are not going to make it. Not to mention I'm not sure how you are going to fiit the tension/power workouts in... Maybe I didn't quite understand how the schedule was going to be laid out...

In all honesty, what are your goals? The reason why I ask if because you are 18, 165 and 5'8". If one of your goals is to gain muscle and size, I would say forget the complicated diets for the sake of fat loss. I would say forget about fat loss period. The bottom line is that at your height and weight, you are not fat. You are at the age right now when you have prime opportunity for growth. Don't throw it away for the sake of getting shredded for a summer. I can almost guarantee that in 10 years you will be saying, "damn I wish I actually knew what I was doing when I was 18..."

If, of course, your goal is to not gain muscle size, then by all means go on a restrictive diet and "get shredded". But you need to have the discipline to follow through with the diet. Shift the carbload to meat your schedule...I wouldn't do a total of 4 depletion workouts between carbloads though. I would try to just eat at PSMF (or your low cal days) levels for the additional days that you are trying to extend the diet for.

Yes you can delay the carb load 2 days.

There are variations of Ud2.0 for max fat loss which employ running low carb/low cal days for 2 more days.

Tuesday: depletion low cal/low carb
    Wed: depletion low cal/low carb
    Thur: cardio low cal/ low carb
    Fri: cardio low cal/low carb
    Sat: cardio low cal/ low carb
    Sun AM to afternoon: low cal/low carb
    Sun PM: Tension followed by carb load.
    Mon: carb load
    Tue: Power
    Wed: rest (cardio optional for max fat loss)
    Thurs: Start over as normal.

This is one way to can do it.

Bodyrecomposition.com is genenrally the best place for questions on the UD2. Chances are Lyle (or someone else) has already answered/tried anything you might be curious about.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Wannabebig Member
    thanks for the help guys!
    think ill do just tht Mr. D
    Last edited by Kaloriekiller; 06-06-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood&Iron View Post
    Bodyrecomposition.com is genenrally the best place for questions on the UD2. Chances are Lyle (or someone else) has already answered/tried anything you might be curious about.
    never noticed the forums section on the website
    thanks bud

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    Yes you can delay the carb load 2 days.

There are variations of Ud2.0 for max fat loss which employ running low carb/low cal days for 2 more days.

Tuesday: depletion low cal/low carb
    Wed: depletion low cal/low carb
    Thur: cardio low cal/ low carb
    Fri: cardio low cal/low carb
    Sat: cardio low cal/ low carb
    Sun AM to afternoon: low cal/low carb
    Sun PM: Tension followed by carb load.
    Mon: carb load
    Tue: Power
    Wed: rest (cardio optional for max fat loss)
    Thurs: Start over as normal.

This is one way to can do it.
    Yeah this is exactly what they'll say over at Bodyrecomp.com. It's just harder this way.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Starting UD2 Monday. Not looking forward to it.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    Beleive me man this is a strict diet.... Two days depletion/low carb makes you feel real tired/drained but then you get to have that good mother of all carb feast
    im looking forward to that....hopefully gain enough energy for the beasty power lift:evillaugh

wot would u guys say a good carb load should contain?
    (would donuts be a good idea?....man i miss them or is it best to stay away from the saturated fats and keep them low? )

I actually dont like the 7 day plan. I dont feel depleted enough for the carb load. I always extend it out a day or 2 or 3.

As far as carb loads go: regular pasta, potatos,milk, yogurt,white breads,homemade pancakes, and white rice.

Just watch out for fibre content and sugars.

Like lyle suggest keep fat at max to 50g. I try to keep it to around 30g. eat some junk food, just keep track of all the numbers.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    I actually dont like the 7 day plan. I dont feel depleted enough for the carb load. I always extend it out a day or 2 or 3.

As far as carb loads go: regular pasta, potatos,milk, yogurt,white breads,homemade pancakes, and white rice.

Just watch out for fibre content and sugars.

Like lyle suggest keep fat at max to 50g. I try to keep it to around 30g. eat some junk food, just keep track of all the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    :withstupi
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!