Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2000 total before or at 21

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock View Post
    What's PMA?

You always end up arguing with some of the smartest/most experienced guys on here. Go figure.
    positive mental attitude

i only remember arguing with you..the same thing happened, you mocked me like HY did, an it went from there

p.s dont start again cuss i dont wanna know

Quote Originally Posted by 2PACMAN2 View Post
    ok, its your opinion, an thats alright, but why are you mocking me? i dont understand how you can imply that my progress has been bad, ive been hitting pr's in everything all the time since i started 20 months back..wheres that came from??

as far as im concerned, you can think my attitude is getting me nowhere when im breaking records, an ill keep thinking your attitude stinks 'there's guys that have more of a life than you an will always lift more' ***** off! thats the most negative thing ive ever read! what would you say to someone with cancer? 'theres people out there without cancer that are gonna live, an your not, so go ahead an die'..?? do you even know what PMA is?
    So you've been at it for 20 months and you're on the juice?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Uh huh, a PMA is "I can't have a life because I have goals." That's the most hypocritical thing I've ever heard. It's one thing to be driven, it's another thing to tell somebody that because they think of their girlfriend that they'll not do it because thinking of something else will hold them back. You're doing the same thing you're complaining about.

I'm telling you and I would tell a cancer patient, live for what you want. Don't think that just because you have cancer or you have goals that you can't live life outside of it. I'd tell somebody with cancer that they have plenty of things to do before they beat it. I'd tell somebody with goals that they have plenty of things to live for while they try to accomplish them. Purely focusing on one thing will only leave you with nothing when that one thing has come and gone.
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 06-13-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Banned
    deeder - when did i say i was on gear?

HY - you obviously didnt read my post properly, i didnt say stump wouldn't get this goal, he will most likely get it raw, i actually said he will be a great powerlifter. An its the same thing again - if your thinking it will come an go, your thinking like a loser

You've got your head in the clouds if you think it won't come and go. Everybody's time to shine appears at some point, but it always fades away. Do you really think Andy Bolton will continue to pull heavier and heavier amounts for the rest of his life? At some point he won't have lifting anymore.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Banned
    You've got your head in the clouds if you think it won't come and go. Everybody's time to shine appears at some point, but it always fades away. Do you really think Andy Bolton will continue to pull heavier and heavier amounts for the rest of his life? At some point he won't have lifting anymore.
    thats not how it came across to me, but if thats how it was meant then seems a pointless statement - i should go half assed cuss im gonna get old? no, ill go flat out doing everything i can, i dont live 40 years in the future

i dont get why you guys are on my ass here, its like your saying being dedicated is wrong

Being dedicated to the degree that you live for nothing else is wrong. There's a difference between being dedicated and letting something consume all portions of your life.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

We're on your ass because you continue to post stupid things.

sounds to me like you either dont want it as bad as you think you do, or you dont realise just how much you do want it

heres the attitude of someone who does want it - i dont give a damn about my health, if i die, then i die, i dont care if i have to put on another 100lbs, even though my grandad an dad have both had heart attacks, ill do it anyway, without thought- No g/f to think about, worry about, take me away from training cuss she misses me etc forget all that, not happening, no weakness for me thanks -You say you will never take gear, well since theres 20 guys in my local gym on gear everytime i go in, hell yeh ill take whatever i have to, it doesn't matter if i agree with it or not >im a strength terminator, ill do anything an everything i have to do to get where i wanna be, an thats why it'l happen
    Just how were we supposed to interpret that mess.

I took this:
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    sounds to me like you either dont want it as bad as you think you do, or you dont realise just how much you do want it
    ...to mean that Stump didn't want enough because he was thinking of things other than lifting.

I took this:
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    heres the attitude of someone who does want it...
    ...to mean that was your attitude and the attitude needed for Stump or anybody to accomplish their goals and if and only if you have that mentality will you accomplish it. Is that what you meant or is it not?
    What is elite?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    We're on your ass because you continue to post stupid things.

Just how were we supposed to interpret that mess.

I took this:
    ...to mean that Stump didn't want enough because he was thinking of things other than lifting.

I took this:
    ...to mean that was your attitude and the attitude needed for Stump or anybody to accomplish their goals and if and only if you have that mentality will you accomplish it. Is that what you meant or is it not?
    this is just gayness now, you may as well call me a poo poo head

was that what i meant? no, if that was what i meant i would have said it - how could i have meant that when i said stump will accomplish the goal? i was just letting him know what the attitude of some of his competitors will be >get someone with this attitude thats a powerlifter through an through from an early age, with the perfect powerlifting build, an you aint got much of a shot naturally imo

i dont know the guy personally, just hes a funny little itilain dude thats strong as fook, but at a guess, i dont think its that stump doesn't want it bad, i would say he does, i think its more than he feels he can accomplish his goals without taking drugs etc

Watchya talkn bout willis
    To parallel, with a pause? I doubt it.
    For example this kid that could squat over 600 and bench over 315 as a junior. My brother could squat 450 and bench 245 when he was playing football and he never even lifted weights. There's also a wide reciever + quarterback at my school that can squat over 500 lbs and bench in the high 200's. I guess we just have a lot of strong kids at my school.
    Weight:207
    375/300/365 Goal by summer:415/315/415

most high school kids are squatting touch and go on a very high box. i know from experience. lol. we had tons of them.
    2000 or bust

I know what your talking about but I actually lifted with these people and the football coaches do make everybody lift right. The person I was talking about that squated 600 goes bellow parralel even for his max outs.

was that what i meant? no, if that was what i meant i would have said it - how could i have meant that when i said stump will accomplish the goal? i was just letting him know what the attitude of some of his competitors will be >get someone with this attitude thats a powerlifter through an through from an early age, with the perfect powerlifting build, an you aint got much of a shot naturally imo
    Somebody will have a "greater" attitude than his? He has and continues to work really hard but has a life, so somebody will have a better attitude because they don't have a life? You're still not making any sense because you keep saying the exact opposite in every post you make.

So somebody with a greater attitude and the right build will beat him? Kind of like telling a cancer survivor to give up because most of them die anyway.

Learn to type out a coherent thought and we might not have all this miscommunication and we might not ride your ass like a poo poo head.
    What is elite?

You can do it! (/rob schneider voice)

I believe in you stump, you are an absolute genetic freak and thankfully you are smart enough and dedicated enough to use these genetics and train with them =).
    Just Keep on Keepin' On Stump.
    My Journal

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

*ivan drago voice*

I VILL CRAASHHH!!!!
    2000 or bust

Banned
    drago owned 'you will lose' but clubber lang was godly 'i reject the challenge, cuss balboa is no challange, but i'll be more than happy to beat on him some more' an i love the reporter dude on the tv with him 'hard words, from a hard man' an 'balboa was a fine champion, but his time has passed..i wish him luck' the way he says i wish him luck is comedy. may as well have said 'balboa used to take a beating, but now he never wins..id take him at darts'

deeder - when did i say i was on gear?

heres the attitude of someone who does want it - i dont give a damn about my health, if i die, then i die, i dont care if i have to put on another 100lbs, even though my grandad an dad have both had heart attacks, ill do it anyway, without thought- No g/f to think about, worry about, take me away from training cuss she misses me etc forget all that, not happening, no weakness for me thanks -You say you will never take gear, well since theres 20 guys in my local gym on gear everytime i go in, hell yeh ill take whatever i have to, it doesn't matter if i agree with it or not >im a strength terminator, ill do anything an everything i have to do to get where i wanna be, an thats why it'l happen

dont think im flaming stump, im not, i like you, an you will be a great powerlifter - as far as this 2000lbs goes, of course you can do that, why are you setting such a low goal?

What happened to doing what you have to?
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Banned
    North - show me the video of this kid doing 600 below parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodeHouse View Post
    North - show me the video of this kid doing 600 below parallel.
    The video camera did not work that day, but I swear it happened. He was squatting with the abominable snowman. For active recuperation later they all went swimming with the Loch Ness Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    The video camera did not work that day, but I swear it happened. He was squatting with the abominable snowman. For active recuperation later they all went swimming with the Loch Ness Monster.
    lol

I'd love to see that, too. Depending on his weight, he'd be in the PLUSA Top 100 raw. And at age 17 or whatever he'd be a national or world recordholder most likely.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

The only thing I could provide you is the picture of his name under the "600 lb" club in the gym. He was doing it at about 310-320 lbs.