The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Starting Pics.....BF estimates?

Allright I am going out on a limb and posting some pics here. I am not really keen with showing off my naked body.....but I value the input given on this forum and its members have helped me out alot with getting started and keeping motivated to achieve. So here are some pics I only had a few because I have dial up at home and it takes FOREVER to upload them to photobucket

Lat spread[I have no idea how to pose]-sun burn warning
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0876.jpg

Back double BI
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0875.jpg

Front relaxed-whiteness warning
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0874.jpg

Calf
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0873.jpg

Calf
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0872.jpg

Wheels(more like rolling with two donuts on lol)
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...z/000_0871.jpg

I estimate my BF somewhere between 15-17% thats with calipers but I am not to sure how to use them properly. The first time I used them I got a 20%
    number.

I have always had 'chicken legs' for some reason even when I was squating 305 in my prime during football. My goal right now is to cut to 8% then start a slow clean bulk to 200 and hopefully the legs will come along...

I appreciate and opinions/suggestions

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

~17%
    Your legs don't look that bad.

If I were you I wouldn't go for an all-out cut, and then bulk. Rather just eat clean and lift for a while. Cutting right down to 8% is going to take a while, and it's going to hamper your performance in the gym.

Learning as I progress
    Not good at estimating, but its interesting to me because our upperbodies look pretty similar.

About the legs, genetics can be a real bitch. My legs are probably my most developed muscle but I barely squat more than 225. You just gotta keep at it.

Btw how much do you weigh? Height?
    Complication breeds desperation.

I second the eat clean and bulk suggestion, and for fcuks sake, use some sun block.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    I second the eat clean and bulk suggestion, and for fcuks sake, use some sun block.
    Seriously! that looks so painful
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Learning as I progress
    Out of curiosity, when is the last time you suggested a cut to anyone?

A few days ago I suggested a cut to myself.

The bulk of the "Starting Pics, BF % Estimate" Threads are the "Skinny Fat" type people that have yet to touch a weight. They have some flab on the gut and loose skin all over. So what do they accomplish by cutting? They get skinnier. Someone that is fairly new to lifting and has yet to understand how diet works in this wonderful hobby of ours will get much more out of eating in excess and lifting heavy.

1) Motivation - If you start lifting and eat clean and in a slight caloric excess your lifts will sky rocket. This is very motivational for someone that is just starting out.

2) Overall Physique - If someone that has very little LBM and some flab would just start lifting heavy and get their diet in check they will fill out, the flab will go away etc.

3) You need a base to cut - Its like carving a sculpture out of a twig as opposed to carving it out of a 3" wide piece of wood.

Now this is all just my opinion but as of late we haven't had any fatties posting pictures asking for advice, and believe me if I thought someone needed a cut, I would definitely say so, I hate fat people.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Btw how much do you weigh? Height?
    6ft tall

weighed in at 171.5 this morning

Learning as I progress
    Not that I dont agree with you, its just having been there getting the advice it can be annoying to hear eat more when size isnt the goal. Its especially mentally challenging in the summer.

And also, I constantly see you telling people to bulk, so I just thought id call you out(didnt expect such a good response tho ).

To the OP, gl with whatever you decide to do.

Quote Originally Posted by getfit View Post
    Seriously! that looks so painful
    LOL....yeah it hurts pretty bad....I do alot of landscaping/contruction on the weekends and I was so hot I took of my shirt for not more than 45mins I was diggin a hole 4ft7" deep to sink RR tie so my back got BAKED...definetly learned me lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Con View Post
    Not that I dont agree with you, its just having been there getting the advice it can be annoying to hear eat more when size isnt the goal. Its especially mentally challenging in the summer.

And also, I constantly see you telling people to bulk, so I just thought id call you out(didnt expect such a good response tho ).

To the OP, gl with whatever you decide to do.
    No doubt, I just give my advice, If the OP were to cut to 8% BF he would look like a malnourished Ethiopian child (No offense OP!).

I would eat up and lift heavy and things will start falling into place.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan View Post
    LOL....yeah it hurts pretty bad....I do alot of landscaping/contruction on the weekends and I was so hot I took of my shirt for not more than 45mins I was diggin a hole 4ft7" deep to sink RR tie so my back got BAKED...definetly learned me lesson
    Ouchies!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

1) Motivation - If you start lifting and eat clean and in a slight caloric excess your lifts will sky rocket. This is very motivational for someone that is just starting out.

2) Overall Physique - If someone that has very little LBM and some flab would just start lifting heavy and get their diet in check they will fill out, the flab will go away etc.

3) You need a base to cut - Its like carving a sculpture out of a twig as opposed to carving it out of a 3" wide piece of wood.

Now this is all just my opinion but as of late we haven't had any fatties posting pictures asking for advice, and believe me if I thought someone needed a cut, I would definitely say so, I hate fat people.
    You make some great points (especially #3) motivation is not the factor for me I am pretty motivated right now. The only thins is I HATE cutting and I HATE fat so I figured just get that crap out of the way so I don't have to do it and then start packing on the meat carefully making sure I am not gaining fat as well.......and there is SOME muscle under ther its not much but the lighting is bad and I think that there is at list a little that will show as I cut...hopefully....but I am open I guess to going the bulking route and then cutting but figured better to get the worst out of the way first and that is what many have recommended as well

Learning as I progress
    You have been given advice. The only choice is whether you will take it and STICK TO IT. If you are going to start bulking and get all self concious(Im guilty of it also) and want to cut, then you shouldnt start. Consistency is the most important factor at this point IMO.