Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Of Warcraft discussions

Games Rule!!!

Headshot!!!

My addiction is the gym =(
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Combat Infantryman
    My priest is 70 and dangeorusly close to be all purpled out. My guild is starting Gruul's and Serpentshrine and our A-Team has got Kara down to a full clear in about 5 hours. Picked up two epics last night myself.
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Do you lift weights anymore?
    Me? Sure. An hour a day, 4 days a week.

I play Wow up to maybe 15 hrs a week.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    My addiction is the gym =(
    Sure, so is mine, but we can only lift about an hour at a time and not even every day of the week. After that, I see no problem investing time in a good game. At least your accomplishing something instead of simply watching tv.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Wannabebig Member
    bart, at first i was like "daaamn 15 hours that's insane" but then I realized that that only comes out to about 2 hours a day and in my time playing WoW I saw people put in like 4+ hours a day (not me of course). THEN it becomes an addiction - jumping around Orgrimmar for hours when you could be doing much, much more productive things.

Quote Originally Posted by amarkham View Post
    THEN it becomes an addiction - jumping around Orgrimmar for hours when you could be doing much, much more productive things.
    Yeah, but who does more productive things?

There's always something productive to be done. Learn something. Take up a craft. Etc. But most people don't bother with that sort of thing... they just watch TV. Playing a computer game for 4 hours + is no different than watching TV for 4 hours plus (other than being more intellectually engaging to play the game, of course). I know plenty of people who turn the TV on at 8 and surf until midnight. Hell, I know some people who watch CSI from 8 pm to midnight (it's possible, thanks to Spike, A&E, the History channel (which plays CSI NY for... uh... why? I don't know), and CBS).
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

I play WoW, but only when I am on the road and traveling. Hotel rooms get boring very quick and I'm usually in my room (after lifting) by 8-8:30. There's only so many episodes of Seinfeld I can watch back to back!
    GOALS:
    Current Weight 242 4/16/10
    Bench - 275 current / 315 Goal
    Squat - 225 / 285* Goal
    Deadlift - 325 current / 365* Goal
    *Note: Herniated L5/S1 disk since 2001, almost bone on bone.
    ***Journal***

I miss my WoW! No internet at home, and can't play at work. Been outta the game since early December.
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

It was an addiction that consumed me.... I was playing 65 hours a week during the time I was looking for work right before I got hired at TRU... must have spent a good 3 weeks like that.

Glad I kicked it, requires WAY too much time to be even decent.

I played WoW for most of 2006 and the first 4 months of 2007.
    I've played FFXI during the time periods I have not been playing WoW.

I found WoW to be a lot easier on your life than FFXI due to the fact that you really couldn't improve your character outside of raiding, so it sort of encouraged me to do something else outside of raids. Of course this was mostly during the 60 cap and I hear you can get some nice gear PVPing nowdays so maybe what I'm saying is obsolete. It also was nice having a consistent schedule for your raiding so you could plan other things and still keep good raid attendance.

FFXI on the other hand is hell on any type of life. Most of the most wanted gear is acquired from monsters that spawn once every 21-24 hours that your group is going up against 100-200 other people. Take note that 21-24 hours is random so that means the time the monster spawns keeps moving and your group can never camp at a consistent time. The most wanted loot usually only drops once or twice a month for the entire server. FFXI has by far and away a major problem in how you can't do much in the game without committing at least a 4-hour block of time to it. Some parts of the game are so bad that it can take you 35 minutes just to travel somewhere in game.

I ended up coming back to FFXI from frustration with how WoW made you go from 40-man raids, to a 10-man Karazhan, and back to 25-man raids after that. All that fluctuating number did was break guilds I was in or cause problems about who gets to raid. For no reason I can figure out, I've recently lost a lot of interest in FFXI and really have only been logging on for linkshell events.

...and yes my lifting has suffered from both games even though I was able to keep somewhat of a routine during WoW.
    5-9 170

What I don't understand is why peoples lifting and social lives suck because they're playing an MMO.

I play (or at least pay for) FFXI (because all my friends play it, but I only log on for an hour every couple days, hit my 2 hour special Hundred Fists, murder a bunch of orcs in Davoi with it, chuckle, and log off), EVE Online, City of Heroes/Villains, and play WoW every October to January. I've played just about ever other MMO out there, too. It's what I do instead of watch TV.

Just like watching TV, though, it waits until I've done what needs doing. This involves such things as going to the gym, making/eating/cleaning up dinner, showering, cleaning my apartment, paying bills, grocery shopping, and seeing if anyone is around to do something more interesting.

I probably play 30-50 hours a week (to all my friends 60-72. No, I'm not kidding. 8 hours a night and 32 or more on the weekend). I'm still the only 30+ year old in my office whose chest sticks out farther than his stomach, have the cleanest apartment of everyone I know, and have a kick ass fiance who I'd love to spend more time with (we only see each other on the weekends, which is part of why I spent 4+ hours a night playing a computer game or three).

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

My friend's hottttt gf dumped him b/c he spent too much time playing WoW lol. Just an FYI.
    5'10"

Ultra Nasty Hypertrophy journal (HCT-12)-http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...rnal!-(HCT-12)

Old My 5-3-1 Journal:http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132576

I was never "addicted". I would play a couple nites a week from, like 9-12 and on the weekends if I had nothing to do, I'd play in the afternoons and Saturday nite (my GF works Sat nites, so I'd play while she was at work).

None of my friends play, so, I'm usually solo. My guild was crappy. I joined when everyone was around 50. Then, me playing only 20 hrs a week and the rest of them playing (it seemed) 20 hrs a day, everybody got to 70 when I was still around 55. So no one was around to do instances (I will not be led thru an instance by a higher-level character).

PUG's get annoying, because I'd be grouped with either really good players on their 10th toon who get frustrated with a guy like me who is muddling thru his first character to 70. Or I'd get the 14 yr old who bought his Hunter and played the Huntard and constantly tells people he "roxorrs" (or whatever the hell the phrase is).

I agree with Shock... I play rather than watching TV. I've lost interest in all of the shows on today except for (Family Guy, 2 and a half men, american gladiators and NFL games). I do RAID 1 night a week with my guild and outside of that I manage all the website stuff when I get bored at work. It's about balance and alot of people get caught up in it. The two true thing I learned which helped me detach was 1) You never really know who is on the other end of the characters you pay with 2) There are no loyalties in video games.

What I hate the most is my fiance giving me **** for playing instead of watching Grey's Anatomy with her. I can't stomach that show (except for the blonde chick and her 2 friends), why would I want to watch it!
    GOALS:
    Current Weight 242 4/16/10
    Bench - 275 current / 315 Goal
    Squat - 225 / 285* Goal
    Deadlift - 325 current / 365* Goal
    *Note: Herniated L5/S1 disk since 2001, almost bone on bone.
    ***Journal***

Having zero interest in 'end game' has helped me. 'The game begins at 60? (70, soon 80)' **** that. I log in, beat **** up until I want to do something else, log off, and am done. No setting my alarm for 3 am for a guild raid against a timed spawn. No 'DKP' wageslavery churning through the same conent over and over again until I've earned the right to roll on the item I wanted. No leveling something a certain way because someone demands it.

I had a level 60 hunter who never once used a bow. Or a shirt. Just Tarzan'd everything with two daggers and a crab named Gumbo. When I dinged 60 I walked into Ogrimmar and shouted out "And I did it myyyyy waaaaaaaayyyyyyy!", logged out, and deleted the character.

Ultimately, this is why I like City of Villains/Heroes best. There is no content waiting for you. There is no point to playing the game besides blowing **** up and looking cool. 50 is just a number that shows you had the attention span needed to play the same character for 200-300 hours.

I love world of warcraft because when I'm done playing the game I can sell my character for 250+ thats just bad ass. What other game can you do something like that. I've already sold $750 worth of characters and thats because I don't wait for the bid to go up I just wait for the first person to offer me 250+ or more and I'm done. I get to have fun playing a game and when I'm bored (usually at end game) I just sell my character.
    Last edited by method115; 02-21-2008 at 04:02 PM.

This game took too much time for me, I couldn't make it past level 55 so I quit playing. I had fun with the ol warrior though. I quit when Resident Evil 4 came out, that game was the bomb.

Was a level 60 warrior, stopped playing before burning crusades came out. I got to the point where I could only progress by doing raids and I did not think it would make sense to have to "schedule" video game time.

Method115: how do you sell your character? I wouldn't mind getting rid of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bupp View Post
    Method115: how do you sell your character? I wouldn't mind getting rid of mine.
    ebay.