The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

freeweight questions

at my house i dont have anything fancy, i have a benchpress and some dumbells and thats about it. to get a good work out do i need anything else or is that enough. and what kind of lifting should i try to do if i wanna get a little bigger but not huge. (also a whole workout would help out alot). thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I went to Rhodestown and all I got was this high cholesterol

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    How heavy are your dumbbells? Do you have a bar on which you can do pullups? Is there an option to use a barbell with the bench?

With just a bench and DBs you can do quite a few excercises, but for many of them you will outgrow the dumbbells you have now pretty quickly (I'm assuming your DBs aren't terribly heavy).

With the equipment you have no you can do bench press, flys, skull crushers, tricep dips, seated extensions, shoulder press, lateral raises, shrugs, one arm DB rows, curls, squats, deadlifts, lunges, dumbbell cleans, clean & presses, bent over rows... but you're severely limited by the weights you can use.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Wannabebig Member
    will i be able to do all of the wbb1 workout with freeweights?

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Please don't worry about "getting huge". Train as hard as you can. Don't hold back because you're afraid of getting too muscular. To avoid gaining weight too quickly just watch the calories. But I don't think you will have a problem with that.

I hear lots of people who have just started working out say that they are afraid of getting too big, as if they are gonna look like Arnold after a few weeks in the gym.

Yep.

Getting "huge" is definitely an intentional effort and does not happen by accident. You won't turn into a monster unless you deliberately try, and for an extended and dedicated amount of time.