The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Cop vs Skateboarders

Video

I don't even have the words to describe how wrong this **** is. Choking out a couple of 13 year old kids. What a man. Probably an ex-jock with a chip on his shoulder who's angry about being a chubby bicycle cop and having to wear those stupid little shorts.

If I'd have been present, I'd have jacked the hell out of that cop and taken the jail time just out of principle. That kind of blatant abuse of power is wrong.

Something else I noticed is that he told the kids they're under arrest but at no time did he Mirandize any of them. These videos should make for great evidence when the families sue.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 06-29-2007 at 06:04 AM.
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Here's Part 2

Video
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 06-29-2007 at 06:05 AM.

Banned
    those cops should loose there job, and face jail time themself. have you found anynews articles on what happened, how long ago was this?

there are 10 page threads on a couple other forums i post on about this video. i think it was wrong, and the cop should have given them a "don't skateboard here" speech at most, i think the cop should lose his job. but sadly, i don't think he will.

holy ****. I would have smacked that prick with my board, his ass is going t be suuuuued. Can you be arrested in America when youre under 18?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    those cops should loose there job, and face jail time themself. have you found anynews articles on what happened, how long ago was this?
    How do you "loose" a job? Where? "There"? Is "themself" even a word?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by McVein View Post
    holy ****. I would have smacked that prick with my board, his ass is going t be suuuuued. Can you be arrested in America when youre under 18?
    Yeah, you can, but this is pettys. Excessive force was NOT necessary, and the cop obviously had some personal agenda here.

I know someone's going to come in and say "they got what they deserved, don't disrespect cops, blah blah blah" but this is bull****. A dick is a dick whether he's got a badge or not.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 06-29-2007 at 07:05 AM.

The kids attacked the cops before the cameras showed up. Way to judge without knowing the full story guys!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Exactly, i dont mean tp sound all toigh guy and stuff, but if I saw that cop lay his hands on a 13 year old girl, especially like he did here, I would have jumped him, the laws seem to be different here, and i'd say id have a etrter chance of getting away with it than in the states.

Corruption is universal though huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyone View Post
    I agree with McVein

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    The kids attacked the cops before the cameras showed up. Way to judge without knowing the full story guys!
    One of the perils of a youtube world.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Listen I've dealt with skateboarders before, they have a mob mentality and have absolutely no respect for peoples property or an authority. Its a whole against the establishment mentality. I use to bounce at this bar that backed up against a pretty sweet parking lot for skateboarders. I could care less they were back there and no one would bother them, but patrons started complaining about their cars being dented. So we set up a camera over the parking lot and it would show these kids when they left would kick and jump on people's cars and laughing about it. Using the footage they identified the culprits and guess what, nothing happened to them, they didn't even have to pay for the damage. Now I had done nothing to these guys ever, I was even nice to them giving them water one day when it was real hot out. I come out one night and everyone who worked there, there cars were all messed up. Well the idiots didn't remember we had a camera, so when they came back a couple weeks later, I walked out to the paking lot and grabbed a couple of the kids, took their boards and broke them in half, told them they touch my car, this is what will happen ever single time. They called the cops and when they showed I was at the front door. "Did you break their skateboards?" "Nope." "Ok. Do you know who did?" "Not sure I know these guys have been vandalizing the neighborhood, so I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot in the future." The cop kind of smirked and said "Ok."

Do I think these cops over reacted, ya. But look at these kids, they are 16 yrs old running away from the cops, back talking the cops, if I was 16 yrs old and I was getting cuffed my mouth would be shut and I'd be $hitting my pants. Unfortunately the youth of today know that basically nothing was going to happen to them. Do you think these kids got the lesson? Doubt it, they were probably out their skating the next chance they could.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Bill does have a point about the mob mentality. A couple of them responded to my dad, when he worked security while looking for a new job after retiring from the armed forces, asking them to stop skating in the mall by hitting him in the head with a board and running.

I wanted to tear their throats out, but of course nothing ever came from it because they at least had enough brain power to never come back to that mall ever again.

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8

So if they attacked the officer, why didn't he say anything about assault and battery of a police officer?
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Quote Originally Posted by McVein View Post
    Exactly, i dont mean tp sound all toigh guy and stuff, but if I saw that cop lay his hands on a 13 year old girl, especially like he did here, I would have jumped him, the laws seem to be different here, and i'd say id have a etrter chance of getting away with it than in the states.

Corruption is universal though huh?
    Yeah, if I had a 13 year old girl being thrown around like that by a police officer I'd hope that he's suspended for a few days. That's called abuse of power.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

Last edited by ShockBoxer; 06-29-2007 at 07:38 AM.

Everyone thinks the police are so great about everything. Not all of them are. There are some good ones, and there are some bad ones, but what did these kids to if all they really were doing was skateboarding?

Edit: They were breaking a skateboarding ordinance? Hahahaha. Figures this is in place at a resort town where many foreigners would come.
    Last edited by sharkall2003; 06-29-2007 at 07:54 AM.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

I think the cop had perfect reason to use force. They ran from him, resisted arrest, disrespected him and god knows what else. Skateboarders are for the most part 'punks' who trespass and mouth of to people (from what I've seen near my work with security and buildings.)
    If I was there I would have laid that little prick out when he started running from the cop. Then continued to **** up his friends, girl included.

If the same thing happened to some black kid who ran, nobody would give a ****. They'd be saying "yeah, beat the **** outta that little gangbanger".

<-- used to skate, listen to ****ty punk rock, dress funny, and think he was a rebel.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    I think the cop had perfect reason to use force. They ran from him, resisted arrest, disrespected him and god knows what else. Skateboarders are for the most part 'punks' who trespass and mouth of to people (from what I've seen near my work with security and buildings.)
    If I was there I would have laid that little prick out when he started running from the cop. Then continued to **** up his friends, girl included.
    You probably have some kind of distaste for skateboarders. If skateboarding was the only ordinance broken and no eye-witnesses can prove that the other skateboarder (the one being chocked) did anything to deserves such a treatment, then it was the abuse of his power. I, personally, think that when the kid ran from the LEO that he put himself up for more punishment, but the others that were hardly doing anything don't deserve what they got. The LEO, regardless of who he was dealing with, was disrespectful at every level.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs

**** son, I would love for that asshat to try to arrest me for skateboarding.

I see what Bill is saying though as well. I was one of those pricks with the mob mentality back in middleschool/first 1-2 years of highschool. We destroyed **** and didn't give a **** about authority. I still don't give a **** about authority but I am very respectful of peoples property.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    Listen I've dealt with skateboarders before, they have a mob mentality and have absolutely no respect for peoples property or an authority. Its a whole against the establishment mentality. I use to bounce at this bar that backed up against a pretty sweet parking lot for skateboarders. I could care less they were back there and no one would bother them, but patrons started complaining about their cars being dented. So we set up a camera over the parking lot and it would show these kids when they left would kick and jump on people's cars and laughing about it. Using the footage they identified the culprits and guess what, nothing happened to them, they didn't even have to pay for the damage. Now I had done nothing to these guys ever, I was even nice to them giving them water one day when it was real hot out. I come out one night and everyone who worked there, there cars were all messed up. Well the idiots didn't remember we had a camera, so when they came back a couple weeks later, I walked out to the paking lot and grabbed a couple of the kids, took their boards and broke them in half, told them they touch my car, this is what will happen ever single time. They called the cops and when they showed I was at the front door. "Did you break their skateboards?" "Nope." "Ok. Do you know who did?" "Not sure I know these guys have been vandalizing the neighborhood, so I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot in the future." The cop kind of smirked and said "Ok."

Do I think these cops over reacted, ya. But look at these kids, they are 16 yrs old running away from the cops, back talking the cops, if I was 16 yrs old and I was getting cuffed my mouth would be shut and I'd be $hitting my pants. Unfortunately the youth of today know that basically nothing was going to happen to them. Do you think these kids got the lesson? Doubt it, they were probably out their skating the next chance they could.
    these kids are lame. but i don't think you can assume all kids who skateboard have a mob mentality. that's just like assuming all cops are d***s.

And you got this information where, exactly? Every story I've seen made no mention of this.

I stand by what I said before. Choking out a little girl. What a man. Eff him.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 06-29-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lonesXedge View Post
    these kids are lame. but i don't think you can assume all kids who skateboard have a mob mentality. that's just like assuming all cops are d***s.
    Precisely. There are pricks in any group.

All skateboarders are anti-establishment punks with no respect. All blacks are thieves and gangsters. All weightlifters are steroid loaded date-rapes waiting to happen. All Christians are hatemongering, homophobic bigots.

Please.
    Last edited by VikingWarlord; 06-29-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Grown man against 13 year olds, excessive force. Now if they did indeed resist arrest and walk away from the officers, cops are not at fault. Nothing will happen to the cops, welcome to the blue shield.

In the news report it says one of those "kids" was 21 and another 19 I think.
    Still, that cop seems like a dick. Was probably bullied at school. I can't see how he can say he was arresting them for resisting arrest when he would've needed a reason to arrest them in the first place for them to resist? I would've hit him..... If he didn't have a gun.
    5'8
    182lbs
    Havin' a lil' fat trim.