Thread: UD2.0 and myself

Wannabebig Member

UD2.0 and myself

Hey guys... not sure if any of you remember me. I had some questions awhile back, maybe around October. I had them all answered thank you! I also started up a journal way back then and unfortunately I kind of lost track of keeping it.

I did not however lose track of my goals or my diet. I am proud to announce I have gone from about 220 pounds in October down to 183 today and I feel great. I made a complete lifestyle change.

Here are my stats:

6'2"
    183 lbs.
    13% bf according to my scale, not calipers... but it must be 13-15%

I was wondering if UD2.0 would be a smart diet for someone not necessarily really experienced with lots of different types of dieting, but someone in my situation. I would love to continue to cut to around 8-9% body fat, but I really don't want to lose too much more weight or strength. I know the diet is grueling but I seem to have no problem going low carb or the opposite end of the spectrum at carb loading. I love bagels and bread haha.

Any other recommendations? Is UD2.0 too extreme for someone who has only been doing this for about 7-8 months?

Thanks!

If you are 13-15% BF and only 183lbs at 6'2" throw on some muscle.

20lbs of muscle would A)Make you look a lot better B) Make you look a lot better naked C)make you look a lot better

My only other suggestion is gaining more then 20 lbs of muscle.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

First off I am not the type of person that likes to go on crazy bulks. I did that once and never again. Secondly, I am on the UD2 right now but my stats are a little different, after carb-loads at 5'11" I weigh in at 186. Have not measured my body fat lately but can only assume very low, my abs are very visible now even without flexing.

At your height and weight though you would get very small after couple weeks on the UD2. Would you be fine shrinking some and going down another 5-10 lbs ? Regardless, remember what a lot of people dont: its your body and your decision, do what you want.

If you decide to use the UD2 to continue leaning out I would suggest looking into some of the variants that revolve more around body recomposition and putting on some mass slowly. I have never done them but based on personal strength gains and fat loss I bet it would fit you well.

Wannabebig Member

thanks guys

I appreciate both of your comments very much, thank you so much.

Unholy: I was thinking about maybe bulking at this point, but I am also very involved in training jiu jitsu, and I would at least like to keep my weight below 190, as I usually cut to roll in the 179 weight division at tournaments. I have been maintaining at 183 for about 2 months now and I do feel really good. I know this is Wannabebig, and I appreciate every one out there that is really huge and strong (thats why I compete in a sport with weight divisions lol), but where I am right now, I really am focused on other things at the moment. That is why I was so interested in UD2.0. It seemed like it was a diet where the possibility of strength gains and muscle growth was possible while also shedding body fat. I will still give your suggestion some thought, and it is a possibility. Thanks for the advice.

TopCat: As long as I do not look sickly, and I do not now at 183, I don't see why another 5-10 would be a problem. I am going to purchase the UD2.0 book obviously. Does the book mention these alternate forms of UD2.0 where mass is actually increased while cutting? Very interested thanks.

To the OP, lyle mentions powerlifters using U2.0 to make weight and increasing strength along the way.

I think it comes down to how hard you cut cals on diet days and how you eat on the diet variable days.

How many weeks out are you until the next match?

You should go to www.bodyrecomposition.com and check out the forums there once you buy the book.

What i find that works for me with ud2.0: Eat below 50% of maintenance on diet days, carb load at max amount, eat maintenance on power day and eat maintenance -20% on rest day.

You could prolly get away with eating maintenance on both power and rest day to maximize the anabolic effect of the diet.

it will take some trial and error.

Ah I totally understand bro. I never know there were weight classes in martial arts =O, Yea dude if you gotta get all bruce lee do eet. Maybe you don't need UD 2.0. just eat around or slightly below maintenance and lift heavy, slow recomp is definitely doable.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Wannabebig Member

awesome

I won't be competing again until probably early to mid September, which left me about 6 weeks for UD2.0 and then two-three weeks left for summer. I will definitely look into the bodyrecomp forums, Mr. D. I think that might have actually been a more appropriate place to start, but I did not know they existed haha.

Unholy... yeah, not quite Bruce Lee, more Roger Gracie, but whatever! Appreciate the comments and I will keep an open mind and keep doing some research.

Thanks again.