Thread: got carried away with loosing weight

Hybrid View

Custom User Title:

got carried away with loosing weight

over the past 3 months or so i have gotten a little carried away with eating as little as possible to loose weight, i did no research in cutting i just ate as little as possible, and i looked at myself propperly in the miror today after a few comments from work mates who i aint seen for a few months wondering if i have been ill. to give you an idea of how much i have lost, i was a 36 inch waist and im now a 29-30inch, i have lost 2inch off my chest and half an inch off either bicep, personally i think i look better my muscles are alot more defined, before i looked like i was full of water,although i did look better and fill out my clothes more now i look better without my top on.........anyway i am drifting from the point, i want to know what you suggest i do to gain back the weight as lean muscle instead of fat.

forgot to mention b4 i started cutting i was 16stone 1lb now im around 13stone 4lbs

Wannabebig Member
    Eat big
    Lift Big

Custom User Title:
    im still lifting like i was before i aint lost any strength at all the only difference is my stamina is higher

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AB2004 View Post
    im still lifting like i was before i aint lost any strength at all the only difference is my stamina is higher
    Then I guess you just need to eat a lot of good clean foods.
    Last edited by Whoshot; 06-15-2007 at 05:24 PM.

It sounds like, despite your drastic uneducated dieting style, it turned out ok for you. 1/2 inch loss on biceps while losing 6+ inches around the waist is not bad, especially when no loss of strength occured.

Now track calories to bulk in a slow steady progression. Eat more calories than you burn while steadily lifting more (heavier or increased reps) weight. Simple as that.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

I wouldnt jump right into bulking though. Ramp back up to maintenance for a few weeks. Then ramp up to bulk levels gradually over a few weeks.

Custom User Title:
    the thing is now i have no intrest in food at all, im strugglin to keep down a tin of tuna and a few pieces of broccoli.

spacetime manipulator VariantInterval's Avatar
    exactly how little were you eating?

Wannabebig Member
    You're anorexic. Going from an overweight 36 to a rail thin 29-30 inches in that time is unhealthy, I believe. How much did you, and do you weigh? My primary focus would be to revamp that metabolism, which I'd assume is pretty shot. Good luck.

EDIT: 40 lbs in 3 months- thats reasonable for a person of your starting weight, I guess.
    Last edited by MMEI; 06-16-2007 at 04:28 PM.

Custom User Title:
    i was basically having my protien shake in the morning with skimmed milk and my multi vits, then a tin of tuna in the afternoon, then creatine b4 the gym and a protien shake and anohter tin of tuna with a bit of veg and a jacket potato after the gym. A few pieces of fruit were scattered about durin the day aswell.

i lost nearly 3 stone
    Last edited by AB2004; 06-16-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AB2004 View Post
    i was basically having my protien shake in the morning with skimmed milk and my multi vits, then a tin of tuna in the afternoon, then creatine b4 the gym and a protien shake and anohter tin of tuna with a bit of veg and a jacket potato after the gym. A few pieces of fruit were scattered about durin the day aswell.

i lost nearly 3 stone
    I used to diet like that..

Eat foods you like, forget the nutritional value of it as long as you get some protein.. Find what you like and get back to eating. Be prepared to gain some weight back at the mid section.. You forced your body into starvation mode, but since you were working out it opted to burn the fat. Now when you start replenishing your stores the body will think "ohh we finally got some food, quick make fat so we can be ready for the next fast/hard time"...

best of luck to you.

Custom User Title:
    should i try to bulk clean or just eat anything to gain the weight? i saw a video of myself today that my gf filmed after i got out of the shower (dont ask haha) and i do look frail i look like i have been a prisoner of war with my ribs sticking out and iv never looked like this before in my life i still look big but like a naturally big built (not fat or muscle) but frail. In myself though i feel at my biggest even though the camera says different.
    Last edited by AB2004; 07-29-2007 at 06:41 AM. Reason: added picture