The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Leg Workout Help (hurt lowerback/tailbone)

Around last February (2007) I started getting a sharp pain around my tail bone area. I dismissed it thinking it'd go away after a couple weeks, but it never did. When I tried to do a leg workout, even with light weights, whenever I squatted down I felt sort of a ripping/tearing pain. So really I haven't done anything for my legs in awhile.

Then just last month, out of nowhere during school, I started getting lower back pains. If I ever leaned over in my chair it would start hurting, and whenever I stood up, I'd have to take about 20 seconds to straighten my back because it felt so stiff. Whenever I stand for a long time it'll start hurting too. Whenever I bent over to pick something up like a dumbell or barbell, it would hurt my lower back. Even when I leaned over to get a drink from the water fountain it hurt. A couple years ago my brother hurt his lower back playing football, and the doctor said he had a "degenerative bone disease," and my dad said he thinks I might have the same problem.

So really, I'm asking for help building a leg workout without something that would put stress on these two parts. It sucks because I was really looking forward to power lifting for high school. Freshman year I had won first place (really really small meet, but first place nonetheless). And my legs have always been one of my strong points up until this happened. Just last summer, at 15, 146 lbs, I squatted 275 a good 4 reps.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Jeez man, that sucks. I honestly can't think of anything for the legs that won't be stress on the back. Hell, even leg press can aggrevate the back. I say go to a sports med doctor and he/she should be able to givew you some solid exercises.

Did you goto a Dr. to get this looked at?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirino83 View Post
    Did you goto a Dr. to get this looked at?
    I went to my doctor to see about the tail bone a couple months back, and he said it should heal on its own and there wasn't much he could do. But months have gone by and the pain is still there. I'm supposed to be going back sometime this week to get both of them looked at, tail bone and back.

Yea, I would get x-rays too while your there. Better to have too many tests than not enough.

Wannabebig Member
    i do not know if yours are worse then what i have. got injured in a wrestling match.

Built helped me a little and i'd say there is a bunch of things to do.

i do bulgarian squat, front squat, lounges, step ups, today i did box squat and it didn't hurt

but if that is to bad i suggest hami curls and leg ext. if you gym have them.

i know it sucks but let it heal and you will feel much better you might have to take a few weeks off lifting
    Last edited by Kipp; 06-19-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME