2 cups Nonfat Cottage cheese
1/2 cup Splenda
1 cup nonfat milk
2 tablespoons Natty PB (my brand has no salt)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 envelope unflavored Gelatin (I used Knox)
1. Mix Splenda and Gelatin.
2. Nuke 1 cup nonfat milk until really hot (watch it, because it will boil over easily).
3. Add hot milk to gelatin/splenda mix. Stir well. Let it sit for a couple minutes until gelatin dissolves. (Gives you time for step 4).
4. Blend 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons PB in a bowl. Blend very well. No, really, blend it smooth.
5. Add HOT (if it's cooled, nuke it again) milk/gelatin/splenda to cottage cheese/PB mix. Blend smooth. It will seem really thin.
6. Pour into containers. Makes 3 decent servings. I used Glad 1.5 cup semi-disposable plastic containers. Refrigerate at least 3 hours to "set up". This recipe will fill a standar 9-inch pie crust of your choosing.
7. Eat! Very yummy.
Macros (per serving):
Cals: 378 (126)
Pro: 41g (13.6g)
Carb: 43g (14.3g)
Fat: 16g (5.3g)
Edited to account for Splenda.
Notes: I'm working on a suitable "crust", so let me know if you have any ideas. I'm also working on a "cheesecake" that is baked (contains eggs, no gelatin) with higher protein. Also, a scoop of vanilla whey in the cottage cheese mix would probably be great, and raise the protein without changing the recipe.
Lo carb guys, you can sub water for the milk, and macadamia nut, or almond butter for the PB to knock the carbs down a bit. Or leave out the nut stuff altogether and let me know how it works out.