The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Cheesecake, you want it! You can have it!

Recipe:
    2 cups Nonfat Cottage cheese
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1 cup nonfat milk
    2 tablespoons Natty PB (my brand has no salt)
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 envelope unflavored Gelatin (I used Knox)

Directions:
    1. Mix Splenda and Gelatin.
    2. Nuke 1 cup nonfat milk until really hot (watch it, because it will boil over easily).
    3. Add hot milk to gelatin/splenda mix. Stir well. Let it sit for a couple minutes until gelatin dissolves. (Gives you time for step 4).
    4. Blend 2 cups nonfat cottage cheese and 2 tablespoons PB in a bowl. Blend very well. No, really, blend it smooth.
    5. Add HOT (if it's cooled, nuke it again) milk/gelatin/splenda to cottage cheese/PB mix. Blend smooth. It will seem really thin.
    6. Pour into containers. Makes 3 decent servings. I used Glad 1.5 cup semi-disposable plastic containers. Refrigerate at least 3 hours to "set up". This recipe will fill a standar 9-inch pie crust of your choosing.
    7. Eat! Very yummy.

Macros (per serving):
    Cals: 378 (126)
    Pro: 41g (13.6g)
    Carb: 43g (14.3g)
    Fat: 16g (5.3g)
    Edited to account for Splenda.

Notes: I'm working on a suitable "crust", so let me know if you have any ideas. I'm also working on a "cheesecake" that is baked (contains eggs, no gelatin) with higher protein. Also, a scoop of vanilla whey in the cottage cheese mix would probably be great, and raise the protein without changing the recipe.
    Lo carb guys, you can sub water for the milk, and macadamia nut, or almond butter for the PB to knock the carbs down a bit. Or leave out the nut stuff altogether and let me know how it works out.
    Last edited by manowar669; 06-21-2007 at 09:52 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

buy a chin up bar, sell the arm curl bar---Roddy

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member
    I love cheesecake but have never been bold to try and make it...... ima give it a shot one day though.

Sounds real good. My love for cheesecake is unsurpassed, but it's something I gave up a while ago because it doesn't fit too well into the whole weightlifting thing.

I'll really excited to try this recipe though. How does it taste compared to your normal (lots of carbs+fat=goodness) cheesecake?
    Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentry459 View Post
    Sounds real good. My love for cheesecake is unsurpassed, but it's something I gave up a while ago because it doesn't fit too well into the whole weightlifting thing.

I'll really excited to try this recipe though. How does it taste compared to your normal (lots of carbs+fat=goodness) cheesecake?
    It's pretty good. You can taste the PB, but that's my addition. I used the recipe on the knox gelatin box for a no-bake cheesecake, and substituted Splenda for sugar, and cottage cheese for cream cheese. I also used nonfat milk to dissolve the gelatin, but the recipe called for water. If you used water, lowfat or full-fat cottage cheese (I used nonfat), and leave out the PB, it would have almost no carbs, and might be more traditional tasting.

The cooked cheesecake I'm working on is basically cottage cheese, eggs, and splenda (a traditional cheesecake is cream cheese, eggs, and sugar.)

Not sure of the "crust" ideas yet, but I'm leaning towards crushed whole wheat pretzels, cinnamon, splenda, and a little butter to hold it together.
    Last edited by manowar669; 06-21-2007 at 06:28 AM.
    The Gods taught us to forge Iron so that we would not be slaves-----old Germanic saying

You taking into account the splenda on the macros?
    SPLENDA(R) Granular
    1 tsp = 0.5 gm carb = 2 calories
    one half cup = 12 gm carb = 48 calories
    1 cup = 24 gm carb = 96 calories
    Nick V

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    You taking into account the splenda on the macros?
    SPLENDA(R) Granular
    1 tsp = 0.5 gm carb = 2 calories
    one half cup = 12 gm carb = 48 calories
    1 cup = 24 gm carb = 96 calories
    No, thanks. I was aware there's some calories in Splenda because of the dex/malto, but I didn't add them in. I'll fix them.