Thread: Fitday input question

Fitday input question

I'm re-doing all my Fitday custom foods.

I'm confused what to put under the Alcohol field. I notice Fitday doesn't have a input for sugar. So should one put the amount of sugar found on nutrition facts in to the alcohol field?
    I ask because wouldn't it seem Fitday thinks I consume 0g of sugar? My alcohol field is 0% as well. And that just seems wrong.

TIA!
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

Unless its an alcoholic beverage, why would the food have alcohol?You leave that portion blank.

Fitday isnt equipped to track sugar. It's able to track fat(sat,mono,poly), Carbs(fibre) and protein.

It might be a flaw in fitday, so if you are really that concerned about your sugar intake, you can track on your own.

Keep in mind sugars have their place in a diet.

Fructose: To fill liver glycogen
    Glucose: To fill muscle glycogen (great for during the WO window)
    Sucrose: Does both (half fructose, half glucose)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    Unless its an alcoholic beverage, why would the food have alcohol?You leave that portion blank.

Fitday isnt equipped to track sugar. It's able to track fat(sat,mono,poly), Carbs(fibre) and protein.

It might be a flaw in fitday, so if you are really that concerned about your sugar intake, you can track on your own.

Keep in mind sugars have their place in a diet.

Fructose: To fill liver glycogen
    Glucose: To fill muscle glycogen (great for during the WO window)
    Sucrose: Does both (half fructose, half glucose)
    I was thinking more along the lines of alcohol sugars, often found in low-carb protein bars. South Beach Diet foods use *alcohol sugars*. I don't have a strong grasp on it's use though.

I'm not concerned about my sugar intake just found it odd. I use Fitday for a basic idea of how my %'s are looking. I find the pie chart very helpful. It can be inaccurate or lacking in information, then again it's free and I'm not complaining.
    Age 23 | Height 5'11 | Weight 175 lbs. | Body Fat 12% | Bench 250 lbs. | Squat 315 lbs. | Deadlift 385 lbs. | Goal Sex up more girls and get career

Ohh, well you should have said alcohol sugars!

I think latest research has shown that sugar alcohols have a value of 2 cals/gram.

The net carbs thing is kind of bs.

So lets say you are entering a south beach bar that has 17g carbs with 10g sugar alcohol

I would make the carb value (17-10) + (10/2) = 12g carbs for your entry into fitday.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
    Ohh, well you should have said alcohol sugars!

I think latest research has shown that sugar alcohols have a value of 2 cals/gram.

The net carbs thing is kind of bs.

So lets say you are entering a south beach bar that has 17g carbs with 10g sugar alcohol

I would make the carb value (17-10) + (10/2) = 12g carbs for your entry into fitday.
    lol sorry for the confusion. Might get a little more confusing here but bare with me. I don't eat anything with sugar alcohols. I was just asking if Fitday uses their Alcohol field as a Sugar (Alcohol) field. I'm over thinking it and assuming Fitday thinks that you think/know to put Sugar Alcohol in the Alcohol field.

edit: what is that in your avatar? R6?
    Last edited by AndresC; 06-21-2007 at 01:13 AM.

2002 R6 that died on me yesterday. The alternator/battery is not charging properly.

Lots of fun pushing it at 5 pm in the texas heat.