Thread: What is more important in the cutting phase?

but not that small either

What is more important in the cutting phase?

Diet or cardio?

I'm new to cutting, I've bulked up for a year and a half, and I'm cutting now. I do 30 min of treadmill walking after each workout 4 times a week. I admit, my diet is not that great, I don't eat a lot of fat, and I eat a lot of protein, but I am eating some sugar (cereal, skim milk, granola bars, cereal bars) too. I'd say I'll eat around 80 grams of simple carbs a day. Am I not goign to get any results?

Oh yeah, I am taking ECA 2 pills, twice a day (morning and pre-workout, only 5 days a week).
    "Lord knows that one would be foolish not to listen to guys hiding behind a computer that use more gear than a stable of race-horses and all they have to show for it is a 195lb. piss-poor physique shriveled nuts and a nice case of gyno" - Lee Priest

I'd say diet.

both.

nah. you can cut up without cardio. probably more easily than vice versa.

Diet by the far the most important, without a good diet you would to do alot of damn cardio to get the same results.

You might want to cut the simple carbs by atleast half, 40 grams or so, all for post workout. I eat a total 40 to 60 simple carbs a day and have been losing over 2 pounds per week. Your metabolism and genetics also play a big part. I follow low-fat, medium carb, high protien diet that has worked very well for me.
    actually I think I will post my diet up in the diet board.

You can also increase your cardio from 30 to 40 minutes.

ehhh I guess it all depends on how long you want to cut for. Dieting alone will not cut you up faster than doing both.

Diet by far...keep running on the treadmill and eating like a pig and see where it gets you. Both is better but diet is prolly 90% responsible.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I've been cutting on and off for the last 5 years, and when I add cardio when I'm cutting, I don't really see any better results. I more so do cardio for health reasons rather than to lose fat. When I get my body fat the lowest I don't include cardio so it's not necessary as all to lose fat.

Diet is most important by a LONG shot bro. You can drop the cardio all together and if your diet is in order youll drop the fat. If you drop your diet and eat like a pig and do cardio on a daily basis, youll be a pig.

but not that small either
    Alright, no more simple carbs other than post workout. I really LOVE food, and cutting, after only a week, has been hell, without any fast food. I'm not too fat at the moment (13%).

I hope to get down to 8%
    "Lord knows that one would be foolish not to listen to guys hiding behind a computer that use more gear than a stable of race-horses and all they have to show for it is a 195lb. piss-poor physique shriveled nuts and a nice case of gyno" - Lee Priest

when someone is cutting why would they eat like a pig? Assuming this person does not have a mental handicap, or for you less PC guys a total retard.

But wouldn't loadsa cardio and interval training keep your metabolism like really high throughout the day? 'cuz when you eat less your metabolism drops... I alternate light cardio and interval training every day and i've been losing a pound and a half a day... eating 2400 calories (or maybe its just cuz i'm fuggin fat)
    I screw camels