The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Confessions of a lift addict.

CONFESSIONS OF A LIFT ADDICT.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Below is my first post I made when I had a go at bulking. Next couple of pages are following that and then aload of posts where I wasted my time followed then by what I'm currently doing.
    At the moment: following BGB, enjoying weightlifting and strength gains and generally making an effort to eat more.
    -----------------------------------------------

I entered the weights room about 1.5years ago at school. I'm not sure
    why, times were kinda ****y and for some reason reason I felt compelled to go
    there. I was your average quiet, small geek with a small group of
    friends and I would routinely go up there after school - mostly when it was empty -
    and just lift. I never once thought, 'man I'm gonna get big if I keep
    this up' or how much I could potentially lift. I just went up there and got on with it.
    About half a year ago someone pointed out I had large pecs (excessive
    bench I can only assume) and I realised I was somewhat bigger. I wasn't
    the biggest or strongest in my year but suddenly I was able to compete.
    Since then my confidence and self-esteem has sky-rocketed. I have a
    large circle of close friends, my grades have only gotten better and
    I've managed to pick up an Army Scholarship along the way.
    Weightlifting given me this concept of self-improvement. I must better body, mind and soul. Be bigger, stronger, faster; be smarter, more mentally agile; be happier, have better relationships and interactions with the people around me. But don't get me wrong, I'm still quite lanky, largely weak and even lazy at times but I would be nothing without iron.
    I really hold weightlifting responsible for my successes.

That was then, this is now:
    Its now summer and I've decided I'm gonna stop pussyfooting around and
    do a real routine. I started BGB 3days ago. Its going well, but its
    strange to be sticking to a routine someone else made rather than a somewhat poor routine I keep changing.
    Its been awkward to implement since I've been moving house. At the moment I don't have a permenant address so I've left my gear in my mates garage. We often train together in everything, cardio, weights, sports specific(rugby mostly), the lot.

ROUTINE

BGB.
    http://builtblog.wikidbody.com/2007/...baby-got-back/
    (-thanks for the help Built.)

-brackets represent alternate excercises due to limited equipment. (I have a york bench with squat rack, 2bars, 4dbells, 120kg(266) total. Now have to buy 4more 10kg(22) discs.)
    1. Horizontal push pull
    - 5x5 bench
    - 5x5 deads
    - 3x8 incline dumbbell press
    - 3x8 bent over rows
    + calves/abs

2. Quad dominant, ham accessory
    - 5x5 heavy squats
    - 3x8 front squats
    - 3x8 pull throughs (SLDLs, Swiss ball curls, GMs)
    + biceps curls

3. Vertical push pull
    - 5x5 chins
    - 5x5 millies
    - 3x8 lat pulldowns (Assisted chins with bands, one arm rows)
    - 3x8 arnies
    + calves/abs

4. Ham dominant, quad accessory
    - 5x5 SLDLs
    - 3x8 GHRs or GMs
    - 3x8 split squats, walking lunges or front squats
    + dips

EDIT: This is done across a week. 1,2,rest,3,4,rest,rest. 1st day being Sunday.

FOOD

Food wise I'm not having a planned diet. I don't think its necessary to be honest. Instead, I'm couting cals and macros every so often on consecutive days. I'm eating regularly and excessively (infact I found my upper limits a few days ago.). My diets alot more sound than it used to be and I'm eating more fruit and overall its pretty healthy now.
    Really, I'm only concerned with two things: High protein and high cals. That and variety are going to always be in my head when I eat. Gotta beat that blasted maintenance - which is a pain when your young, male and very active.
    I'm getting this up in my kitchen:
    http://www.beyondlowcarb.net/index.p...1711#msg241711
    This is my motivation, I look at it when I think I've eaten enough:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78823
    I'm also getting aload of meal ideas to keep around my kitchen.

SUPPS

I'm ordering soon, its hard with not having a permanent address and net access but I'll make it happen.
    I'm getting:
    Nitrean, AtLarge - a shake a day as post-training or part of meal.
    Meal Replacement bars, Maximuscle - to replace meals when I have crap access to food. I ussually have a bag of nuts or something similar on me when I'm desperate.
    I'm also getting am multi, need some reccomendations on them though.
    And I currently take _________ (forgotten name) to increase synovial fluid in knees and an omega-like supplement to increase fats used in the brain. (ill post names soon)

CARDIO

Cardios a b**** for me in a different way it is for others. I love pushing myself so I love cardio just as much as weights - I know, its disgusting. Anyway, I've still got boxing once/twice a week, I've still got rowing every week, and I've still got several courses that will be heavy cardio(but more importantly ziltch weights) during the summer.
    Originally I was really worried about it all but I've now decided to keep most of it in. Instead, I'm going to be conscious of over-training - trying to manage any leg cardio away from weights to avoid over-training. I'll also probably drop a few sessions, but more important I'm gonna make sure I nail that 8hours+ sleep and eat ALOT more to compensate.

STATS
    Height: 6"1
    Weight: Almost 12stone (168Lb/76kg)
    BF: ???

Think thats pretty much it - I'll edit in anything I've missed.
    Now posting last 2days workouts and will try and post as often as I can. And I'll upload some pics soon aswell.

"Pain is temporary."
    Last edited by MJay; 12-15-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Update first post.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I've started on day 3 of BGB because I wanted to get started asap but I also wanted to make my rest days friday and saturday. That means the days I'm most likely to sleeping a little less or away from food or drinking will be on rest days. Ofcourse I shouldn't be doing any of the above and I will do my utmost to avoid it happening but I would just much rather have my rest days then.

20/06/07
    Wednesday, day3.
    Vertical push/pull.

5X5 Bodyweight Chins

5X5 30kg(66) Military press

1X8 35kg(77) One arm rows
    2X8 30kg(66) One arm rows

3X8 10kg(22) Arnold press

1X8 Bench dips
    2X8 Full dips

NOTES
    Only just managed to squeze out the last rep on chins. A pull bar was one of the first bits of equipment I got, in the course of a year I went from 0 to 15 full reps just doing it when I walked past it.
    Alot of movements here I'm not used to (millies, arnies mostly) and I think I hit failure on the last rep of millies. It took me what seemed a minute to get up and while I was struggling, my mate was picking up my phone and just watched me. I was somewhat annoyed.
    Weight stayed the same on arnies as well because I'm not really used it, dodgy last reps though.
    My mate noted my poor form on my first set of rows - it was crap lets just say. So I decreased it and I'll be sorting that out.
    I started doing bench dips but found them easier than last time, I was gonna add plates when I realised I could do full dips off a hanging raise attachment.

CHANGES
    Sort out form on one arm rows and millies.
    Read http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=579577 to get a judge wether I should change how I load.
    Have a bloody good shout at my spotter.
    Last edited by MJay; 06-23-2007 at 08:26 AM.

21/06/07
    Thursday, day4.
    Ham dominant, quad accessory.

5 57.5kg(127) SLDLs
    5 62.5kg(138)
    5 67.5kg(149)
    5 72.5kg(160)
    5 77.5kg(171)

3X8 Glute ham raises

3X8 30kg(66) Walking lunges

3X15 80kg(176) Calve raises

NOTES
    SLDLs were awesome, need to make sure of my form though before I up it cos I think I can do alot more.
    Did GHR instead of GMs. Need to work on GMs, not quite happy doing them yet.
    Walkng lunges were good, walking about with weight on your back like that is quality.
    Unsure about calve raises weight I posted, I think I can up it alittle.
    My mates dad (whos my rugby coach) pointed out that my right shoulder is higher than my left and I always tilt my head left. I've never noticed it before so I'm having a look at it - think it might be to do with how I used to carry my backpack. Also he agreed my posture had dramatically improved since it was always something people would rip me over. Right now I blame deads and squats for the change.
    I've also been doing alot of light cardio without thinking about it because of the move, biking and walking about alot.

CHANGES
    Work on GMs so I actually do them.
    Check SLDLs, pretty happy with them atm though.
    Concentrate more when doing lunges, legs were a little wonky sometimes.
    Keep working on posture.
    Update weights to Lb for American readers.
    Last edited by MJay; 06-23-2007 at 08:29 AM.

24/06/07
    Sunday, day1.
    Horizontal push/pull.

5 45kg Bench
    5 50kg
    5 55kg
    5 60kg
    5 65kg

5 45kg Deadlifts
    5 60kg
    5 65kg
    5 70kg
    5 75kg

3X8 30kg Incline Dumbell Press

8 30kg Bent-over rows
    8 35kg
    8 45kg

3X15 Hanging leg raises with ankle weights.

NOTES
    Last rep of bench my mate almost assisted, he doesn't understand that I can sit under a rep for 6odd seconds and eventually get it up. Its only when I scream for help dammit.
    Misread the load for deads to start with, really stupid.
    Good judge on predicted lift for inclines, should be able to vary it next time.
    Abs work was good, thinking of working out a way to increase the weight and do less reps; there was a serious burn on those last reps.

CHANGES
    Concentrate more.
    Spend less time overall.
    Get weights more accurate for ability (it will come along in a few weeks for all my lifts)
    Last edited by MJay; 06-25-2007 at 08:48 AM.

25/06/07
    Monday, day2.
    Quad dominant, ham accessory.

5 55kg Squats
    5 55kg
    5 60kg
    5 65kg
    5 67.5kg

8 20kg Front squats
    8 30kg
    8 35kg

8 40kg SLDLs
    8 50kg
    8 60kg

8 17.5kg Incline bicep curls
    7 17kg
    6 16kg

NOTES
    Overestimated heavy squats alittle - should have played it safe and done same weight as last week - so my last set was 67.5kg rather than target 70kg. It was a good call though since the last rep wasn't quite full.
    Front squats I'm seriously not used to and it felt bad enough after heavy squats. So I did a low weight, I'll increase it a little next week.
    Still not quite comfortable doing GMs so I did SLDLs.
    Overestimated curls and decided to do them on incline.

CHANGES
    Work on GM form.
    Eat more.
    Get more sleep.
    Eat cleaner - need more fruit and veg in me.
    Get used to front squats.

27/06/07
    Wednesday, day3.
    Upper, vertical push/pull.

5X5 bodyweight chins

5X5 30kg Military press

3X8 30kg one arm rows

3X8 20kg Arnold press

3X15 75kg Calf raises

NOTES
    Went up to visit relatives so had to take weights with me. Wasn't the greatest session.
    Had to do chins on a rusty beam or a splinter covered wooden one, my hands now hate me.
    Didn't piss about with changing weights tbh, just got it done - will be different next week.

CHANGES
    Get home.

28/06/07
    Thursday, day4.
    Ham dominant, quad accessory.

5 57.5kg SLDLs
    5 62.5kg
    5 67.5kg
    5 72.5kg
    5 77.5kg

Skipped GMs/GHRs.

3X8 30kg Walking lunges

8 Full dips
    2X8 Bench dips

NOTES
    Crappy. No where to do GHRs and I really didnt wanna do GMs. I did them anyway, with 20kg on the bar and....THUD. I fell over a little. Real stupid.
    Anyways, I just skipped em and did my walking lunges.
    Had to do full dips on hay bails which was fine until my hands were feeling completely crap so moved another bail and did bench dips.

CHANGES
    Rest up, start next week proparly at home.
    SORT OUT GMs!!!!

- I am already sick of food. I really dont want to eat anymore. This feeling wasn't helped when I just read in the paper about this dude who hasn't eaten for 6years. I'm jelous.
    Last edited by MJay; 07-01-2007 at 06:35 AM.

01/07/07
    Sunday, day1.
    Upper, horizontal push/pull

5 45kg Bench
    5 50kg
    5 55kg
    5 60kg
    1 65kg

5 57.5kg Deadlift
    5 62.5kg
    5 67.5kg
    5 72.5kg
    5 77.5kg

3X8 30kg Incline dumbell press (30kg total)

8 35kg Bent over rows
    8 40kg
    8 45kg

2X12 Weighted leg raises

NOTES
    Really pissed off about bench! WTF! Immediatly afterwards I really started doubting what I've been doing. Then I realised what I actually had been doing. I had 4/5 hours sleep last night and its been 2nights in a row of poor(as in volume) eating at the end of the day. I'm gonna use that as my excuse and keep progressing. This has really wound me up, but now I think about it poor sleep and eating is a pretty valid excuse and considering the effect BGB has had on me so far I still need lots more of both.
    Deadlifts were awesome, upped them 2.5 on standerd deads making them the same as my SLDLs. I'm not sure which should be higher, I'll just keep going nice and gently. Well they were pretty good except for on the last rep of the last set my mates dad walked by and just burst out laughing - really didn't help.
    I cut the ab work short cos I thought I really needed some food in me especially considering my breakfast of a biscuit and a sandwhich - not good! I'm doing alright now though, almost enough cals going down and good ratio of macros in my blood.
    On the plus side I weighed myself. I'm gonna start setting it a certain time on a certain day so I can measure it accuratly. Anyway, last week I stood at 11.10stone (164Lb) and after a couple of days poor eating it said I was 11.13stone (167Lb). Don't know how much is lean mass but several people have said I'm bigger, and I'm only friggin a week or so in!

CHANGES
    Don't be stupid. Eat more. Sleep more.
    Work on GMs (more).
    Stay focused.
    Last edited by MJay; 07-01-2007 at 06:30 AM.

Looks like you've got things organized around here. Definitely work on getting enough sleep. It'll kill a session in a heartbeat.

Question about your journal title. Have you read Cramer's "Confessions of a Street Addict"? The titles are so close together that I had to ask.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I know, and as if 4/5hours is bad enough - I was sleeping on the floor and kept waking up. I'm really gonna pack that in.
    No I haven't, I'll check it out now. I just made up the title but its probably influenced by something I've seen.
    I thought it really summed up how I feel about training(weights, cardio, sport specific etc.). I get excited about my next session, I feel like its never enough at the end of most and it really kicked in when I noticed myself shaking and saying to myself 'come on, hurry up' when I was trying to screw the end onto a dumbell. Plus ofcourse the usual comments from the people around your hobby/lifestyle.
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."
    Last edited by MJay; 07-01-2007 at 07:48 AM.

02/07/07
    Monday, day2
    Quad dominant, Ham accessory.

5 47.5kg Squats
    5 52.5kg
    5 57.5kg
    5 62.5kg
    5 67.5kg

8 35kg Front squats
    8 40kg
    8 40kg

8 35kg SLDLs
    8 40kg
    8 45kg

3X8 25kg Bicep curls

NOTES
    Just ordered supps! Got a tub of Nitrean from AtLarge for a daily shake(post-training primarily) and also I shared an order of meal replacement bar from Maximucle with a friend.
    Pretty happy with squats despite not really increasing. Good sets, last set I really had to squeeze it out. My max will be 70kg next week anyway - I figure I'd rather be safe, get the excersise (which is already heavy) and I'll just keep progressing nice and easy, no rushing. As much as I really want to.
    Front squats increased today, not as much as they could have done but its a 5kg jump while I'm still getting used to them. Should be hitting what my real lift is next week or week after.
    I noticed my abs really tensing up on front squats and I hate how you can't check your foot placing yourself.
    Didn't go heavy on SLDLs, I want to be ready to increase on day4.
    Little overestimate on arm curls again, but did do it with barbell this time. I really hate curls now. They used to be all I did because I was under the impression I'd be getting huge arms. BGB has completely changed that.
    My mate said I should go for a jog with him for warm-up. He said it was 2miles - it was more like 3.5miles with ma-hussive hills. It was alright though, was fairly easy and I beat him(I always beat him when it comes to anything further than 500m).
    Still not happy about sleep, real good 9hours tonight!

CHANGES
    Work on GM form more.
    Start recording cals and macros(and post sample days).
    Start writing up cardio.

04/07/07
    Wednesday, day3.
    Upper, vertical push/pull

5X5 bodyweight Pull-ups

5X5 31kg Millies

3X8 31kg One arm rows

8 30kg Arnies (total)
    8 25kg
    8 22kg

3X15 80kg Calf raises

NOTE
    Pull ups coming along, again really only squeezed the last rep. Can't wait to have to do weighted pull ups.
    Millies surprisingly easy, I'll up it by atleast 1kg again next week.
    One arm rows upped aswell. I have to be cautious with them because I used to do 35/40kg+ with bad form and got used to it, don't want that to happen again.
    Arnies were so messed. I didnt have my notes so I was going off memory. I put 15kg on each dumbell and on the second rep realised I should have put 10kg. I found them easier than they should have been but still needed to decrease. Really annoyed myself with that. I'll probably do 11kg next time.
    Grip was really tested on calf raises, gave them a good bashing though.

CHANGES
    Eat more!!!!!
    Sleep more!!!!
    Work on GMs for tomorrow.
    Do 80kg SLDLs tomorrow aswell.

- Dont know why but I'm feeling alot smaller lately. I think its because I'm not eating enough - its getting awkward, hard, and expensive and I need more motivation to eat.
    I'm gonna re-read that 'Big boys meal plan' I linked at the start of my journal, that should motivate me for a week.

05/07/07
    Thursday, day4.
    Lower, Ham dominant, quad accessory

5 60kg SLDLs
    5 65kg
    5 70kg
    5 75kg
    5 80kg

8 20kg GMs
    8 25kg
    8 25kg

3X8 32.5 Walking Lunges

3X8 Full dips

NOTES
    SLDLs were great, think I can up it to 82.5 next week aswell.
    Gotta get more confident on GMs but atleast I was doing them with some weight.
    Dips were good cos this time I was able to use all my bodyweight on all sets but was really pissed off to find my right wrist sprained the next day, might get supports.

CHANGES
    EAT. Have to really motivate myself, I made 3Lb with little fat last 2weeks so I must be doing something right. Weigh in on sunday after Horizontal.

Looks good chief. I love those SLDLs too, and I just started doing good mornings.

A word to the wise: Sometimes it's easier to drink your calories than to eat them

What country are you in but the way?

Thanks for the support.
    Yeh, but I'm just finding it so hard to eat cleanly with the volume, and its even worse since months before I actually got in the habit of clean food. Its so painful drinking soda and eating KFC, I feel dirty.
    UK, I'm on the Isle of Wight which is in the middle of the south coast.

08/07/07
    Sunday, day1.
    Upper, horizontal push/pull

5 45kg Bench
    5 50kg
    5 55kg
    5 60kg
    2 65kg

5 60kg Deadlift
    5 65kg
    5 70kg
    5 75kg
    5 80kg

2X8 30kg Incline dumbell press (total)
    8 32kg

8 35kg Bent over rows
    8 40kg
    8 45kg

3X8 Weighted leg raises (extra 5kg total from weeks before)

NOTES
    WTF is going on with my bench!!!! I did 5X65kg 2weeks ago! My deads and squat have climbed nicely but bench is just being stupid. It'll be alright in a few more weeks, i'll drop it a little next week and see.
    Deadlifts were awesome, I'll either leave it or up it 1kg.
    Was unsure about incline press cos of messed up bench, I'll have all sets 32kg next week, I did them pretty comfortably.
    I'm gonna put it back to previous weight for abs next week and increase reps, didn't like doing 3X8 heavy on abs. I'll force it if its necesary. Been thinking of adding an extra ab day but I'll leave it for the time.

CHANGES
    Improve bent over row form.
    SORT OUT BENCH.
    Print journal and use previous workouts as a solid guide for next.

09/07/07
    Monday, day2
    Quad dominant, Ham accessory.

5 47.5kg Squats
    5 52.5kg
    5 57.5kg
    5 62.5kg
    5 67.5kg

8 35kg Front squats
    8 40kg
    8 45kg

8 40kg SLDLs
    8 45kg
    8 50kg

3X8 25kg Bicep curls

NOTES
    Increasing squats next week, found these sets alright. Found it helps so much if I start making abit of noise and psyching myself up.
    Front squats I've been finding so hard, its not the stress on my quads, its the stress on my torso keeping upright and keeping that bar still. I swear its more of a lower back killer than deads/SLDLs.
    SLDLs are still being kept light for the sets on this day because of the volume on the other days.
    Curls have gotten slightly easier, but still got huge strain on all of the last reps.

CHANGES
    EAT. SLEEP.
    Print off previous workouts.

Lots of news:
    Firstly, my protein bars have come through. They taste good - which doesnt matter since I'm prepared to force anything down atm. But they have a great distribution of macros and they really are making eating SOOOO much easier cos it means I don't have to struggle so much when away from food or in deciding what to eat.
    Secondly, I have gotten so many of my friends into weightlifting and fitness in the last few months. One of my mates has bought some dumbells - good on him, but he refuses to accept that he needs everything big. Hes smaller than me and hes worrying about single muscle groups. Exactly how I used to think -"i just want big biceps" "i only want a 6pack". To make things worse all hes doing is bicep work. Just curls. I can't seem to convince him otherwise. I wasted like 6months doing what he did!

AWESOME NEWS THOUGH:
    Couldn't weight myself yesterday so did it today.
    Start: 11.10 (164)
    2weeks in: 11.13 (167)
    3weeks in: 12.03 (171)
    Its not entirely accurate on gain or timing but dam it it shows a great net gain. Means I'm doing something right and I've only noticed faintly more fat!

Quote Originally Posted by MJay View Post
    Thanks for the support.
    Yeh, but I'm just finding it so hard to eat cleanly with the volume, and its even worse since months before I actually got in the habit of clean food. Its so painful drinking soda and eating KFC, I feel dirty.
    UK, I'm on the Isle of Wight which is in the middle of the south coast.
    I was talking about grinding up a shake with peanut butter, oats, olive oil, whey, ice cream, etc etc. It's a rare occasion that I can get myself to drink soda. The first and only time I ate KFC was in 1987 I think, lol. I remember when I was bulking I would spend like 2 freaking hours a day eating solid food (eating clean), it was ridiculous. Next bulk I think I'll go for a partially liquid diet.

P.S. Those front squats are tricky. Keep at them though.

I still gotta recieve my shakes but they're on the way. When it comes to liquifiying stuff; I'm gonna look into it on the weekend when I should be settled in my new house which should also make eating alot easier.
    I really have to look around for more meal ideas to get more variety and get more veggies in.
    At the moment I'm willing to eat poorly when I have to make sure I hit the cals and protein but to be honest that really isn't good enough - I should always eat clean!

love all the big compound lifts! keep up the good work. only thing is everything in kilograms is messing me up. do you box as a sport or just as a workout? i spar sometimes with a friend who is an amateur and it gets pretty hard.
    Last edited by Hydro1945; 07-10-2007 at 09:37 AM.
    5-8, 162 pounds
    BB Bench: 225 x 1 (9/16/07)
    DB Bench: 95's x 2 (6/15/07)
    Squat: 235 X 2 (7/27/07)
    Deadlift: 315 x 1 (10/20/07)
    DB Overhead Press: 70's x 2 (6/12/07)
    Pullups: BW x 10 (7/19/07)
    My Journal

Thanks man.
    Yeh, I thought alot of people would find that annoying but I got tired of putting each into a converter. Check out www.convert-me.com Really good site for conversion. As a really general rule, just double it to make it Lbs. Theres 2.2 Lbs for every Kg.
    I haven't been boxing at all lately to be honest, but should be going down the club regularly next week if time permits. I'm no where near experienced enough to fight yet but ussually it goes like this:
    Group warm-up/fitness.
    Group bag work.
    And then I get abit of individual tuition from one of the coaches.
    Boxing burns some serious cals and this is an example of one starting fitness session:
    Sprint 40m, 25 press-ups, sprint 40m, short rest(partner goes) X5
    Then similarly, with 25 burpees, 25 sit-ups, 25 squat thrusts. And about 200m slow jog inbetween.

11/07/07
    Wednesday, day3.
    Upper, vertical push/pull

5X5 bodyweight Pull-ups

5X5 32.5kg Millies

3X8 32.5kg One arm rows

3X8 22kg Arnies

3X15 85kg Calf raises

NOTES
    I can feel pull ups getting easier, have to add weight soon.
    Millies weren't too difficult, might up weight next week.
    One arm rows; I need to work on form. I'll go off and watch some vids so I'm clear in my head what I'm doing.
    Arnies. Now this is why I should write down what I did each workout straight away! Notice how alot of my posts are a day/2days after actually done? Yeh, I write from memory which was fine until now. I think 3X8 22kg is pretty close though.
    Calf raises were good but its a b**** putting the bar back cos its slightly above my grip. Its too heavy to high pull so I have to do a 16th calf raise to put it back.

CHANGES
    Write stuff down straight away.
    PROGRESSION. do it.

12/07/07
    Thursday, day4.
    Lower, Ham dominant, quad accessory

5 62.5kg SLDLs
    5 67.5kg
    5 72.5kg
    5 77.5kg
    5 82.5kg

8 22.5kg GMs
    8 27.5kg
    8 30kg

3X8 35 Walking Lunges

3X8 Full dips

NOTES
    SLDLs were alright. Starting to get unsure about the straightness of my back on them. Although my mate said it was dead flat last time. Next week I think I'll keep it the same. My deads/SLDLs have climbed the fastest out of anything but I think I could attribute this to new confidence and starting to reach my capacity. Unlike bench and to lesser extent squats where I was more aware of my ability.
    GMs have now proved to be in the same situation as arnies the previous day. Pretty close to what I did I'd say though.
    I have an actual confession to make now...I think I like GMs.
    Walking lunges upped to 35kg. Really need to nail form on them though because to be honest I'm not entirely sure about what the angle/position should be, I'll look into it.
    Full dips getting easier! No wrist damage this time either since I worked out a better poition for my hands.

CHANGES
    Work on walking lunge form(find it out).
    Write the bloody stuff down!

- Moved house on friday. Which was pretty good - means eating might be right now. I did have one problem though. After this workout I went to rugby training with Vectis Colts - the team I'll be joining next year. It was really awesome and I've realised I love rugby again. Some were 3years above me so it made me work alot harder, especially with all the huge guys there. However, rugby was straight after this ham workout and my lower back was kaining at the end a little. And that wasn't helped by moving house the next day with heavy, awkward loads. Meh.

Sort out the bench on sunday hopeful.
    Weigh in aswell.

EAT.

When you are down in the lunge position your calf and thigh should make a 90 degree angle.

Keep up the good work.
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

Thanks for the advice.