Thread: Coming Back -- WBB 1.1

Banned

Coming Back -- WBB 1.1

i'm starting the new wbb routine tomorrow.

the only thing that looks goofy to me are the good mornings. i've never done these before. i've watched the video but can anyone give me some tips, and tell me the proper form in words, because i may have missed some small detail while watching the video.

other than that i'm pretty excited to start this. i've been doing wbb 1 forever. i've been lifting off and on though.

also is wbb 1.1 a good routine to do on a cut. i ordered the weight loss stack (it will be in soon) and i am starting to cut tomorrow as well.

I keep my legs straight and my lower back arched and bend over at the waist until I feel my hams stretch, then try and contract my hams on the way back up. I look straight ahead on the way down as well to help keep my back straight. Use less weight to get the hang of it. It's really a simple movement. Your cut will be more dependant on your diet than your routine, so I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it while cutting.

I keep my legs straight...
    I thought you were supposed to bend at the knees a bit?

As far as the cut goes, diet and rest are most vital.

How is your diet looking?What are your macros?

What are your current stats (age,height,weight, bf%)?

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDrew View Post
    I thought you were supposed to bend at the knees a bit?

when i go GM fully straight legged, i lower the weight a lot and am not able to bend far enough. you can/are suppose to bend the knees very little and lean over as far as you can or try to hit 90 degrees or until your lowerback can not longer keep its arch.

I can hit 90 with straight legs, so maybe it's dependant on flexibility. I don't use real heavy weight when doing GM's anyway. I tend to go heavier on stuff like SLDL and lunges, which seem to be better ham movements for me. I like GM's, but they're just a little too awkward for me to be comfortable going real heavy.

Banned
    my flexibility is horrendous. so if my back cannot stay arched (even without weight) to 90 degrees, i shouldn't go parallel and just go as far as i can, right?

as far as my diet
    i'm gonna be using this diet that came with some ab thing my mom bought once we find it. so until we find it i can't tell you.

also i'm about 5' 8-9" and 180 lbs. i don't know what my bf%. i'm not going on a massive cut, but i want to lose weight before i go to the beach around the end of july.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    as far as my diet
    i'm gonna be using this diet that came with some ab thing my mom bought once we find it. so until we find it i can't tell you.
    Please do post this as it likely will need major tailoring.
    Last edited by Mr. D; 06-25-2007 at 02:28 PM.

Banned
    i just came back from the gym.
    i have never done that much volume before. it says 6 sets per excercise correct?

that was rough. my legs are thoroughly rocked. i've never done lunges before and damn did they do it. i didn't feel the good mornings that much. i didn't really like them. should i maybe sub them out for straight leg deadlifts or something that i feel more. maybe it was just because i went pretty light on them to make sure i was doing them right.
    my abs never hurt the day i work them, so i won't know how bad they are until i wake up tomorrow. which will be late cus i work tonight from 9pm-6am.

and i still can't find the diet. i'll go look right now.
    mr. d you sound like you really wanna help me on the diet aspect, so would you mind helping me come up with one. i don't know if i'll be able to find the generic one anyway.
    if you have to ask me stuff like how many calories i take in now though, i won't be able to tell you so this may be a tough job for you.

First we need to find your maintenance cals. We can do this 1 of 2 ways:

1) Well you can start tracking what you have been eating on average on www.fitday.com. You have probably eating this way for a while and have not been gaining/losing with this.

Or

2)Your maintenance cals are ~15xBW. Track this for a week or 2 and see if you gain/lose. If no change then drop this intake by 20%.

A couple things when setting up a diet:
    Set protein to 1g/lbm and Fat to 0.5g/lbm. Fill up the rest of your cals with carbs,fat,protein as you like.

Get 6-10g Fish Oil a day.
    Last edited by Mr. D; 06-25-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Banned
    ok thanks for the tips

i have one concern.
    it says 6 sets. but is it safe to do 6 sets of deadlifts. i've heard people before say they don't like doing a big volume of deadlifts so i'm just asking before deadlift day rolls around.