Thread: Shed fat

Shed fat

Hey fellas, the other day I met a guy in the gym who stated that if I cut the sugar intake, I will burn fat like no tomorrow. Things high in sugars such as rice, pasta, etc. What do you guys think.

Basically all he is telling you is to cut carbs out, ergo cutting calories.

Could it work?sure, if you are under maintenance.Its not neccessarily required to remove all carbs to shed fat.

If you are eating say 20% under maintenance, hitting your protein and fat minimums, and filling the rest of your cals with carbs, youll shed fat. When you stall and its time to drop again, then you drop from carbs since protein and fat requirements stay the same.

Wannabebig Member
    I think the above poster was missing the point of the guy in the gym. I think what the guy in the gym was talking about was essentially an Atkins low carb diet, where your body enters ketogenesis and burns fat stores. Many people on low carb induction plans expect to lose close to ten pounds in one week, then five the following (given, much of it is water weight).

I know a guy (who was a total couch potato) who quit chocolate and coke and dropped 20 lbs in a year. Yeah, cutting out the high sugar stuff will help. But he was still a flabby couch potato.
    BRAINS.BEAUTY.BRAWN. www.brainsbeautybrawn.blogspot.com
    WILL SQUAT FOR FOOD.
    "It's not Science - it's RESULTS" - Built
    235 Dead Lift........Height: 5'7"
    125 Bench............Weight: 148 lbs
    200 Squat............Age: 33 yrs. old.
    ----------
    560 Total.............Gunning for 700 this year (while on a cut-and NOT using RESULTS)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I know a guy (who was a total couch potato) who quit chocolate and coke and dropped 20 lbs in a year. Yeah, cutting out the high sugar stuff will help. But he was still a flabby couch potato.
    Well he just lowered calories. It just happened to be that he removed stuff his body doesnt really "need".