The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Food should i keep track

Hey im 17 93kg and playing football i don't know exactly what to do here. i've got a bunch of gut right now. but we are in the middle of the season overhere in Denmark and i don't wanna get too small. Im new to lifting and dieting I have been lifting for 2 years now and never really thought about what i eat.

so should i just keep eatin what i do now? start a bulk or start cutting?

another quick thing heard you can make your own protein shakes does anybody got one i could try?

thanks
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Fitday.com Track your food here.

Protein shake - 1.5 cups milk + 6 tbsp peanut butter + .5 cup ice cream

Calories = ~1,000 Protein = ~40

Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post

start a bulk or start cutting?

thanks
    I would say that depends on what position you are playing....if you are playing a position where weight is a plus...and most positions it is...I wouldn't worry about cutting just keep on packing on muscle becuase strength is also a plus in football.Especially mid season I wouldn't cut becuase it would effect you energy levels and you probably wouldn't make any strength gains. I would keep eating a little above maintainance bulking cleanly until football is over and then during the off season you can lose the gut keep as much muscle as possible then go back to bulking again....just my .02
    The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
    Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
    And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
    Saying, "The sun's not yellow it's chicken."

Quote Originally Posted by BigBossMan View Post
    I would say that depends on what position you are playing....if you are playing a position where weight is a plus...and most positions it is...I wouldn't worry about cutting just keep on packing on muscle becuase strength is also a plus in football.Especially mid season I wouldn't cut becuase it would effect you energy levels and you probably wouldn't make any strength gains. I would keep eating a little above maintainance bulking cleanly until football is over and then during the off season you can lose the gut keep as much muscle as possible then go back to bulking again....just my .02
    His football = our soccer. SO i suggest leaning out. That gut will not help with your speed,quickness or endurance.

Eat a little below maintenance so that you have enough fuel for your workouts but a little deficit to burn the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
    Hey im 17 93kg and playing football i don't know exactly what to do here. i've got a bunch of gut right now. but we are in the middle of the season overhere in Denmark and i don't wanna get too small. Im new to lifting and dieting I have been lifting for 2 years now and never really thought about what i eat.

so should i just keep eatin what i do now? start a bulk or start cutting?

another quick thing heard you can make your own protein shakes does anybody got one i could try?

thanks
    well if youve got a gut, you need to lose weight. to lose weight you need to eat less and move more.

if you dont want to track everything then take what you normally eat and reduce that quantity by 10-20%.make sure you get protein in every meal and have good fats. Keep your carbs around your physical activities.

I vote for tracking on fitday and playing with the numbers.

Wannabebig Member
    yeah i know im from denmark and we call soccer football. but i do play american football i play Linebacker and Defensive End. so should wait till we done with the season?

after i wrote the first part i remembered people saying when we cut for wrestling(i just came home from a year in highschool in the states) that it wasn't healthy cause we eat so little. so can you cut to much or is it ok if you eat as little as a able and a bit of chicken in a whole day?
    Last edited by Kipp; 07-02-2007 at 01:31 AM.
    GO HARD OR GO HOME