Thread: back pain

Hybrid View

Train Hard Fight Easy

back pain

hello

im new to weightlifting and have been doing it for 2 months, but for a couple of weeks ive developed a pain in the middle of the rightside of my back which feels like a stabbing pain which winds me and makes it uncomfortable to train or laying down (sleeping) i suspect its due to building my back doing Shrugs. Also before and a couple of hours after training i use a Powerbreath device http://www.powerbreathe.com/section_sports.html which ive been using as well. i havent trained for 2 weeks to let the pain go which it has but i used the Powerbreath device and the pain came back so ive stopped that now, has anyone got any ideas how to speed up the recovery

cheers

if u r getting this sorta pain after lifting it could be a pinched nerve (go see a chiropractor or a get a massage) or u r using incorrect form. lifting shouldnt be painful

Probably should start by backing off on the shrugs. Not saying this is you, but a lot of people use a lot more weight on the exercise than their lower back is capable of handling. Lower the weight and keep your abs tight as hell when your doing it.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

How far down your back is it? It could potentially be something with your SI Joint. I had some stuff going on with that and it was causing some shooting pain that would just cause me to twist all up.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Train Hard Fight Easy
    the pains on the right side of my back and its in the middle (around about the bottom of the ribs). i did lift probably more then my back could take so i have put the weight down a lot, should i wait till this pain has fully recovered before i start doing weights for my back? also is there any kind of exercise with out using weights that could build my back up?

thanks
    for the replys

you should see your doctor