Thread: LA Muscle flapjacks

Wannabebig Member

LA Muscle flapjacks

Hi!

Not sure if this is a nutrition question or a supplement one so I've posted it in both on the assumption that a wise moderator will delete it from the section it is least appropriate to!

Anyway, I Tried one of these flapjacks the other day on a refeed day (I'm just coming to the end of my cut). Thought they were delicious and would love to incorporate them into my (very) clean bulk I am planning on beginning. On the face of it they seem like a very good post-post-workout snack (I'm still planning on liquid post-workout for quicker absorbtion) and possibly also a good pre-workout one but I just wondered what other people thought of the macros. My one real concern is whether they are too high in (saturated) fat and/or sugar to be compatible with a clean bulk? Or are they fine for post-post workout? I want this bulk to be one that I stay as lean as possible even at the expense of not gaining muscle as quickly as I otherwise might be able to do...

Macros are:
    INGREDIENTS PER FLAPJACK
    ENERGY 374 cal
    PROTEIN 17g
    CARBOHYDRATES 60g
    Of which sugars: 23g
    Of which polys: 13g
    FAT (total) 8g
    FAT(saturated) 3g
    DIETARY FIBRE 5g

Ingredients:
    Inrgedients: Oats, Partially Inverted Sugar, Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Soya Protein concentrate, Soya Pieces), Glycerine, Chocolate Flavoured Coating (14%) (Sugar, Non-Hydrogenated Palm and Palm Kernel Oil, Whey Powder, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Wheat Flour, Emulsifiers: Soya Lecithin, E476; Flavouring), Glucose Syrup, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Flavouring.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

dont make two threads, it creates more head aches then if you had posted in the wrong thread. Diet is a good place for this.

anyways i suggest you not look at meal, just look at the macros for the whole day. aslong as there are with in your goals eat them.

ps could you post the recipe for theses muscle flapjacks from LA
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Wannabebig Member
    Mikey: I don't have a recipe - they are bought already made.

Built: The waffles sound good but are you suggesting that because you think the flapjacks are not suitable for my diet/goals? I'm trying to ascertain whether they are fine to eat regularly or whether I should count them as treats. 23 gms of carbs that sugar per bar sounds a lot but then I'm aware that a certain amount of sugars post-workout is good for the anabolic insulin effect. I already take 50gm malto post-workout so would a further 23 from this product be counter-productive to my goal of keeping as lean as possible whilst bulking?

NO! It's all about the calories!

But my waffles are the BOMB! And likely a lot cheaper than your flapjack thingies.