The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best food for post workout

I was wondering if eating a peanut butter sandwich after working out would be a decent post workout meal. It would be about 530 calories and a decent amount of carbs that I should want for my body after a session.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

a pb sandwich is better than nothing but it is a casien protien slow digesting= getting into your system slower. Drink a shake within an hour of working out. a pb sandwich is a good idea right before bed.

Hmm ok, I forgot about the casein protein. I've been drinking a shake with just milk and ON whey, but milk is casein too. Water and protein powder makes me want to throw up, so is there anything else?

EDIT: Sorry, I realize I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks for moving it.
    Last edited by berfles; 07-08-2007 at 06:18 PM.

indomitable will.
    Quote Originally Posted by berfles View Post
    Water and protein powder makes me want to throw up, so is there anything else?
    Yup, water and protein powder AND dextrose.

Depending on what flavor your protein powder is, this will taste quite yummy, almost like a typical sugary drink.

Balls, last time I tried just using water it tasted absolutely horrible. I use the chocolate flavored ON whey. I guess I'll have to stomach it.

EDIT: Does using milk and the whey counteract the whey's fast digesting protein because of the milk's slow digesting?
    Last edited by berfles; 07-08-2007 at 06:38 PM.

not that I know of I would just stick with the milk and protien. Thats what I do. I can stand water n poweder either. just stick with the milk and powder an hour within finishing a workout then like 2-3 hours after working out eat a good meal of some sort.

pb is not a good postworkout option. PB is far too low in protein and too high in fat. Get a shake with protein and carbs.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Ok then I'll just stick to what I was doing before with the shake.

Hmm ok, I forgot about the casein protein. I've been drinking a shake with just milk and ON whey, but milk is casein too. Water and protein powder makes me want to throw up, so is there anything else?

EDIT: Sorry, I realize I posted this in the wrong section. Thanks for moving it.
    In case you were worried about it.There is debate both ways but IMO the casein will not slow down the fast digesting whey protien.
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4402 View Post
    In case you were worried about it.There is debate both ways but IMO the casein will not slow down the fast digesting whey protien.
    Thanks. Any links to these debates? I may be interested to read about it when I get bored some time.

I'm just psyched to start stuffing my face and lifting again, shooting for at least 4800 calories daily better gain me some weight.

shooting for at least 4800 calories daily better gain me some weight.
    Have you tried that before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Have you tried that before?
    Nope, the most I usually ate was around 3800 a few times, but lately it's been about 3300 and I've basically been maintaining the weight and not gaining. Hopefully the 1000 more will get me going again.

Wannabebig Member
    shake it up!

its fine...use natty pb...ezekiel bread`

PB is not a good choice PWO. around workout times you want to avoid fats and stick with P+C meals. a protein shake with dex in water would be a great choice PWO.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Currently 300'ing
    I know drinking a protein shake within that "golden hour" time slot is great for you as your body is utilizing the protein very efficiently
    IZWAR
    My 16 Week transformation challenge

Quote Originally Posted by IZWAR View Post
    I know drinking a protein shake within that "golden hour" time slot is great for you as your body is utilizing the protein very efficiently
    Gotta make sure there are some simple carbs in there as well.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

What kind of carbs are in most whey protein? Are they simple or complex?

Currently 300'ing
    Yup forgot about that lol.
    IZWAR

Currently 300'ing
    thats a good question im not sure, my guess would be complex but thats a 100 percent guess i have no idea.
    IZWAR

What kind of carbs are in most whey protein? Are they simple or complex?
    uh, whey protein is protein, not carbs. They made add a few grams of sugar for sweetness. You will have to add the carbs yourself unless you are drinking something with carbs added (like a weightgainer like Maximus).
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    uh, whey protein is protein, not carbs. They made add a few grams of sugar for sweetness. You will have to add the carbs yourself unless you are drinking something with carbs added (like a weightgainer like Maximus).
    I know, but there are still carbs in there. Actually I just checked and there are only 3g in ON whey, I was getting that confused with the total carbs number I had from the milk as well. The shake I was drinking after I worked out had 29g of carbs, mostly from the milk.
    Last edited by berfles; 07-09-2007 at 02:49 PM.

I know, but there are still carbs in there. Actually I just checked and there are only 3g in ON whey, I was getting that confused with the total carbs number I had from the milk as well. The shake I was drinking after I worked out had 29g of carbs, mostly from the milk.
    Yes I know there are a few grams, hence where I said there are a few grams for sweetners. I would aim to get 2:1 carb to protein ratio after a workout (and atleast 50g carbs). Milk isn't the best best source of carbs. Mix it in water and add some dextrose or maltodextrin. If I'm in a pinch I'll get a gatorade, banana, and orange.
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Yes I know there are a few grams, hence where I said there are a few grams for sweetners. I would aim to get 2:1 carb to protein ratio after a workout (and atleast 50g carbs). Milk isn't the best best source of carbs. Mix it in water and add some dextrose or maltodextrin. If I'm in a pinch I'll get a gatorade, banana, and orange.

I know that's why you said that, I was just saying that I thought there were more in the whey until I actually checked

Where would I get dextrose? I've heard of it but have no idea what it is. I'll go read up on it in the mean time.

I know that's why you said that, I was just saying that I thought there were more in the whey until I actually checked

Where would I get dextrose? I've heard of it but have no idea what it is. I'll go read up on it in the mean time.
    You can order it online. NOW Foods makes a maltodextrine. I'm not sure if they also make dextrose. You can also just order a weightgainer with it already included.
    My Journal