The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I see what you mean gyno. And that is exactly what muscle was getting at. But YET AGAIN back to muscle4christs point. Why do non-beleivers think that science offers the answers and it most logical and people that believe in something are out of there mind and illogical etc.? Why? Thats the point I have been trying to ask but the question keeps being avoided.

But gyno there isn't a way to prove there is a God to you, because there is no scientific evidence. I know there is a God based upon my experiences and convictions. And if you haven't experienced that I can't explain it to you, not many people can probably.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    You should have said that in the first place. What you're following is not Christianity as laid out in the bible. It's a modern, more up-to-date and logical version. If you believe that Allah = Jesus = God = Shiva, etc. That's not truly Christianity from the good book, in some ways. You'd almost have to say it's a non-Christian belief.

Did you not get what I said up there about the God always being there question?

If you can believe that God has always been there...
    What is so hard about believing that matter/energy have always been there?

If you answer with "Well, God is a creator, and matter/energy is not.." Sure, valid point. But who created God, then? Again, this concept of eternity is truly not able to be understood by the human mind. So again, the "I don't know" answer is the only 100% correct one, eh? *chuckle*

And yes, I'd say the whole "All Gods are the same" thing is a rather simple conclusion to come to. I figured that one out when I heard a preacher talk about the poor kids in China following their golden statues. I was 6 or 7, I think.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Originally posted by TreeTrunks
    Why do non-beleivers think that science offers the answers and it most logical and people that believe in something are out of there mind and illogical etc.? Why?
    This question wasn't avoided. When you ask a question, the answer is only as good as the source it comes from.

My problem with true Christian beliefs is that 99.99% of the answers come from a book. Written by people. Here's an interesting thought: If J.R.R. Tolkien had written "Lord of the Rings" way back in the day... Had told a bunch of uneducated people (who believed in sorcery/magic, all that good old stuff) that it was true. And then had found a midget and claimed he was one of the dwarves of the ancient past...

If all this crap had happened.. Then had been spread slowly.. Can you imagine that it would be possible that Jesus would now be replaced by Frodo in some context? That if the world communication was just right.. And if uneducated people were the target... You never know.

This is many people's problem with the whole religion unabashed thing. At least science will attempt to find an answer, and not just look in a book written by a B.C. version of Stephen King.

That's one perspective.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

The best answers are they most simple ones. I forgot who said that but it is true. But I'm not as smart as you when you were 6 or 7, congrats.

I'm a christian but I also have my own view on it as well going back to what I said about different denominations practicing different ways.

Sorry I didn't say it earlier I wasn't exactly clear on what you were saying so I just tried to cover what you were asking the best I could.

But science isn't always right. Science seems to change day by day. One scientist tries to disprove the others theories and so forth. Religion has stayed pretty much the same for what 2000 years.

What you're saying about the all gods = one god is more modern, open view of the whole thing. Keep in mind that when you say you're Christian, especially around where we live, most people would love to hang you for telling them that Allah is no better or worse than the Christian God.

You should examine other religions further and really examine the Christian faith closer as well. You may find more complete answers than the ones you have now. Seriously. By searching, if you don't abandon the Christian faith totally, you'll affirm your faith in it. You'll be no worse off, guaranteed. Gives you a better understanding of the world as a whole, as well. Also makes you want to kill those Grace Baptist bastards with a machete.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Originally posted by TreeTrunks
    But science isn't always right. Science seems to change day by day. One scientist tries to disprove the others theories and so forth. Religion has stayed pretty much the same for what 2000 years.
    You're right about science not always being right. Again, I don't follow any of the theories presented with scientific evidence as a religion of sorts, so don't think that. Lots of things have stayed the same for 2000 years. That doesn't mean it's a good thing.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Yeah I guess I should go back and look into other relgions further, to broaden my horizon. Oh I want to kill the grace baptist folk with chain saws. They are totally messed up and take the bible word for word, when, as stated previously, you can't interpret the bible word for word or you'll get a cult like grace baptist. Allah is God. But I have questions about the quran. I mean muhammand walked through the desert and wrote it write? As he wrote it he had "visions" of God, or I guess Allah according to them. I don't know if your familar with a drug called, peyote(sp?) but it is a part of the cactus that is a hallucinagenic(sp?) used in native american rituals. Well what if muhammand injested some of it instead of the water that cactuses have? Could those be his visions? Its just a quick thought. Oh well.

Hehe. Every "vision" is induced by something, be it a drug, chemical imbalance, just plain daydreaming, whatever. His "visions" were thoughts and interpretations. Just like the book of Revelations. Opiate-induced religious rants always make for the most interesting parts.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Yeah revalitions was pretty messed up, it had to be drug assisted. hehehe.

Allah=God. A lot of people don't like to admit it but jesus was from that region. He was middle-eastern. NOT WHITE. Whats up wth the pictures of the people back then being white? Come on there middle-eastern.

Originally posted by Leviathan
    Shane, the Bible WAS edited in its original language. Its only been the past 500 years since its been translated into various other languages. So even the original language version is not the 'original' copy.
    Lev, I'm aware of that. Actually the Bible was translated into other languages before 500 years ago. But just Latin to my knowledge. We cannot know the original copy, but I think it's better to read as close to it as possible, rather than read the translation of a translation. That's why I think it would be good for Christians to learn Hebrew, Greek, and maybe the bit of Aramaic in there.

You guys are bringing up a lot of good points on both sides. I think, as far as things like creation goes, it's better to wonder and toss the idea around like you guys are doing, rather than to just a dogmatic belief without questioning it.

Treetrunks, actually Muhammad was illiterate and didn't write the Quran. He sang it like a song or a poem to help remember it. A lot of cultures used to perform an oral tradition like that. It was later Muslims who wrote the Quran down onto paper.
    Last edited by Shane; 03-04-2002 at 10:33 AM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Originally posted by Shane
    it's better to wonder and toss the idea around
    I agree wholeheartedly.

Pearls of Wisdom...

Science is not complete but it is the best tool we have for understanding the Universe. Most importantly, science is open to new observations and interpretations, many religions are not.

That being said an incomplete and objective view of the universe is not all that 'warm and fuzzy', particularly in times of heightened anxiety and stress. That is why it is human nature to invent gods.

I see no problem with that as I think we all cultivate our own placebo's in such times. But when religion and faith come into direct conflict with science one has to wonder.

As the frontier of science expands, so too does the frontier of religion as a means to explaining the unknown diminish.

Only thing is, religion is big business and those who profit from it don't like their market share shrinking.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

So why is the Christian god correct, and the Big Bang theory incorrect?
    We ask the same question, in reverse order. If this is a shared belief, then why do we have threads where people are calling Christians idiotic for their beliefs, and threads coming out to question Christianity and make them defend their beliefs all of the time?

True, the earth may in fact be flat, science isn't always right

Originally posted by Muscle4Christ

We ask the same question, in reverse order. If this is a shared belief, then why do we have threads where people are calling Christians idiotic for their beliefs, and threads coming out to question Christianity and make them defend their beliefs all of the time?
    Because some people are intolerant. Christian or not, intolerance = ignorance. I am not this way. Ask those who are blasting your religion, maybe they'll be able to elaborate further.

Pearls of Wisdom...

I'm convinced that believers are so set in their ways that nothing can make them consider a logical explanation for the creation of the universe.

For one thing, I've taken several Cosmology (history of the cosmos) courses that have stated that nothing was ever created. The Big Bang happened everywhere and at everytime, since time and space are intertwined you cannot separate them. Therefore, the Big Bang will always and has always occurred. What we see in the CBR (cosmic background radiation) is the 'time' that the big bang occurred from our static vantage point. It is different elsewhere. So... in theory... it could be said that the possibility of creator before the Big Bang is impossible because the Big Bang defines existence - how can something exist before existence?

Who cares what Einstein's beliefs were? That isn't justification for believing in something completely illogical. BTW, Einstein was wrong on several of his theories - so it isn't like he is the guru on everything.

Science was wrong on several of it's theories. Guess those scientists weren't gurus.

Guess relying on science to explain all is illogical too. Also let me ask you, what created the elements needed to make the big bang possible?
    Last edited by Muscle4Christ; 03-04-2002 at 11:02 AM.

The Big Bang and the existance of a "God" are not necessarily at odds. We get caught up in terms but there are laws of nature which appear to our minds as intelligent ones. In a sense, you could look at all of creation as one intelligent entity but that's another matter...

""The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism...." Albert Einstein

muscle check your PM.

I did. Check yours.
    Last edited by Muscle4Christ; 03-04-2002 at 12:02 PM.

Originally posted by hemants
    The Big Bang and the existance of a "God" are not necessarily at odds. We get caught up in terms but there are laws of nature which appear to our minds as intelligent ones. In a sense, you could look at all of creation as one intelligent entity but that's another matter...

""The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. The religion which based on experience, which refuses dogmatic. If there's any religion that would cope the scientific needs it will be Buddhism...." Albert Einstein

hemants brings up a good point.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Good quote.

Pearls of Wisdom...

yeah well.....

what is the sound of one hand clapping?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I think religious debates are a waste of time and frustration, to be quite honest. Neither side can prove they are right or wrong. So why fight about it until someone has hard proof? Science cannot prove it, testimony cannot prove it. The arguement is purely philosophical, and as we are all individuals, we can never have one good solution. The people who choose to believe witness because of what their belief system tells them. Those who don't believe (many, anyway) try to use everything available to prove religion wrong. It's not going to happen, and vice-versa.

Take your own path, and be on with it.