Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7 weeks into cut, here's how it looks

7 weeks into cut, here's how it looks

After bulking up from 178 to 205 over 5 months, I got kinda annoyed with the fat I'd gained so I decided to use summertime to get ripped again and go on a cut. It's been about 7 weeks now, been doing cardio after every weightlifting session, and biking or rollerblading 1-2 hours on "off" days.

I'm down to 195 from 205, and all my lifts are up in the gym... so i'm pretty happy.

Before cut:

Now, relaxed:

Now, flexing:

Now, wheels:

Edit: added wheels pic
    Last edited by philou123; 07-08-2007 at 04:51 PM.
    6'2 - 194lbs @ 10.4%BF (August 08, 2007)

Goal: 205lbs @ 11%BF (December 21, 2007)

You look like you made some improvment.The pics are not the best.how are the wheels?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Looks like you need to pull up your pants and find the nearest buffet.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Not everyone is shooting for the freakishly huge look.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    You look leaner in the first picture to be perfectly honest...
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

My bad, if your going for the skinny look then you are doing a great job!

Just teasing but I see your goal is to pack on 10lbs of LBM By august 31st. Thats not gonna happen if you don't start eating. Oh and even 180lbs of LBM at 6' 2" is hardly freakish or huge so don't worry about getting too big!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Nice job, man. Your mid-section is looking a lot more cut now.

Long-term, you could probably get up to 220 or so at the same body fat without losing the look you're after. In the mean time good luck with reaching your short term goals.

getfit- I've been biking 100km a week + squatting, DL'ing and leg pressing at the gym so I'm not neglecting them :P

Unholy- I know what you mean. If I didn't want to get bigger I wouldn't be on this forum. However, I've made the commitment to staying lean (ie, keeping a 6-pack) while getting bigger. It might make the process a little longer, but I like it better that way. Also, at 6'2 195, I'm not exactly skinny, and next to my buddies who are mostly like 5'10 160, I actually look pretty big. It's weird cuz I'm not really taht big, but a lot of my friends are telling me if I get bigger I'll get too big.. Of course I disagree with them, but maybe I'm so into this bodybuilding thing that I'm not 100% aware of what's going on?

Tofer- Thanks man, my long-term goal is actually to get up to 215 @ 9% BF, so right in the ballpark you mentioned. I'm going to start bulking again when school starts again (I'm going to be travelling in August, it'll be pretty hard to get some good training in), and hopefully get up there by summer 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by philou123 View Post
    Unholy- I know what you mean. If I didn't want to get bigger I wouldn't be on this forum. However, I've made the commitment to staying lean (ie, keeping a 6-pack) while getting bigger. It might make the process a little longer, but I like it better that way. Also, at 6'2 195, I'm not exactly skinny, and next to my buddies who are mostly like 5'10 160, I actually look pretty big. It's weird cuz I'm not really taht big, but a lot of my friends are telling me if I get bigger I'll get too big.. Of course I disagree with them, but maybe I'm so into this bodybuilding thing that I'm not 100% aware of what's going on?
    Thats a good thing man!
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    You're quite lean, and you were pretty lean when you started the cut, imo. If you're so fixated on the 6-pack, good luck to ya.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

I think the pics are just not that good. In the first pic your chest looks significantly larger than the "now" pics. You look leaner in the now pics for sure. Good work!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I dont know maybe u guys are buddies or something, but i've never understood why fat people constantly tell people leaner than them how skinny they are.

To OP: You have obviously made improvements, but I agree that the picture quality is not the greatest. Leg are obviously a strong point which in itself is an acheivement few will be able to acheive. Keep it up. Not a dig or anything but I dont think your 9-10% BF as your stats say, I would probably say closer to 13%, just an observation, I could be wrong.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Quote Originally Posted by smalls View Post
    I dont know maybe u guys are buddies or something, but i've never understood why fat people constantly tell people leaner than them how skinny they are.

To OP: You have obviously made improvements, but I agree that the picture quality is not the greatest. Leg are obviously a strong point which in itself is an acheivement few will be able to acheive. Keep it up. Not a dig or anything but I dont think your 9-10% BF as your stats say, I would probably say closer to 13%, just an observation, I could be wrong.
    Thanks for the kick in the nuts I need some motivation. To think I was actually contemplating eating something.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

LOL, well thanks for not taking my post as too much of an insult. Tonights a carb up so I'll eat for the both of us.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Ouch.

Anyways, since the op posted his pics on a public forum he obviously is looking for honest opinions. My honest opinion is that you looked pretty decent to begin with, and I would have never cut at that stage. Of course you're not me and you cut anyways, but yes, I can see a little improvement. I honestly don't think you need to cut anymore though.
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

LOL, well thanks for not taking my post as too much of an insult. Tonights a carb up so I'll eat for the both of us.
    Naw dude its totally cool, I'm a fat ass, much less so then I was 10 months ago but a fatass none the less. And yes I agree, I do tell what I think to be skinny people to eat up. Then again I am trying to get to a freakish size and I guess not everyone is trying to get big.

Please have some carbs for me, I miss them =(
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Hey leave us fat people alone. Its hard to lose weight!!
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

To those who said I was already lean before cutting, etc, I understand your point, but you gotta know where I'm coming from. I'm 21 now, but between the ages of 16 and 19 I was competing on the national and international scene in swimming and training 25 hours a week, which made me pretty ripped. Pretty much, I've never been that big, but I've been super lean my whole life.

And after my first bulk, I kinda started losing that and it was just too weird to me and I couldn't stand it so I had to get back to a lower BF%. That, plus the fact that after coming back from college for the summer (having gained 25lbs, some muscle, some fat) my mom and friends from home kept bugging me about starting to be just a big bulky guy and getting fatter..and I didn't like it.

Finally, that pic of me was taken (couple months ago) and it pissed me off to the max. I know it has a lot to do with the way I'm sitting, but still.. (and also, i was hungover as hell that morning which can be seen on my face)..

Oyyyy...
    Last edited by philou123; 07-08-2007 at 09:58 PM.

ok firstly, i understand you not wanting to be pudgy. i'm the same way. always been skinny and had pretty good abs, and not really wanting to get fat. if you want to get bigger tho, you may have to allow a little fat, or be in for a long long road of clean bulking. and another thing, dont resent people when they make comments on your pics. your asking for their honest opinions. this is a bodybuilding site that aims to get you "big". i personally think that with your body frame, you could put on much much more weight and still look pretty lean. it may not be the 185 or whatever, that you use to be at, but then again, if your goals are to be a lean swimmer, then keep at it. if you want to be bigger, and stronger, i would listen to the people on this site (not me in particular) that know more than you give them credit for
    PRs: B/S/D/T 235/295/435/965
    My Journal

New Goal: Explore my body's potential

Yea, I'd also say you could grow a little more. Maybe another 15 pound bulk? If 5 of it is fat, and 10 pounds of it is muscle, 5 pounds would only take 3 weeks or so to get rid of. You could get that 15 pounds in 2 months, and in 3 months you could be 10 pounds more with the same bodyfat.

Anyways, I'm sure the ladies are lovin it!

Sorry to burn your bubble twan but 10lbs of LBM in 8 weeks unassisted is not happening.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Sorry to burn your bubble twan but 10lbs of LBM in 8 weeks unassisted is not happening.
    And 5lbs of fat loss in 3 weeks is a very generous estimate.
    Last edited by Mr. D; 07-09-2007 at 12:14 AM.

7.5 pounds per month IS possible. Ever look at Chris's thread on 15 LBs of muscle in one month?

Come on man. Have some faith. If he's at his genetic peak, it's one story, but his deadlift is 315. He could get that up to 405 and maybe 10 more pounds on the bench.

It looks like you're leaning back in the now pics?

wheels look good.You've done well.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony