The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

2 A Week Upper Body Workout

Hello

I'm Lance and am fairly new to organized lifting ( I know my way around a set of free weights, buts its been a couple years since I've been on any serious routine)

My cousin and I are going to start a two a week upper body workout.

I'm disabled (its amazing what gowing from 5'6 to 6'8 in a year and a half will do to your knees and back ), so its upper body strictly (no squats or powercleans period. Maybe some military press's)

Now, Ive had around 140 lbs and a bench for the last couple of years, and have done enough to keep pretty good upper body tone (I havent felt like doing much else untill recently)

Anyway, my cousins got around 275 lbs of iron weights, with an olympic ez bar and were going to go get a real straight bar (not the concrete weight POS i've had)

I've personally been doing curls for the last couple years, and have seen significant gains. I'm to doing around 20 lb's at 12 reps for about 4 sets a 4 or five times a month. But I'm ready to step up to a more rigid routine.

Were thinking of starting out with

Bench press
    Inclined press
    Hammerhead curls
    Preacher curls
    Straight bar curls

And I'm open to suggestions on anything that will make my deltoids pop. Ive been doing some lat pulls and various dumbell lifts. Ive got pretty good size and density, but i'm deffinately ready to take my pecs, biceps, and deltoids to the next level.

I wouldnt be against some upper back excersizes to throw in thier if I feel up to it at the end

The info I'm really looking for, is like we had in highschool. We would max out in our various workouts, and then we would have a chart that tells us how much of a percentage of our max to lift, when too lift, how many reps, how many sets, and how long untill we start upping the weights.

Thats the information I'm after at the moment.
    It has to be for multiple body types because I'm 6'8 250 and hes probably 5'9 150. It should be pretty obvious that the same thing isnt going to work for both of us.

Any regiments you guys have found sucess with would be appreciated, but like I said, its upper body only. I cant run lift with my knees anymore.

Thanks Lance
    Last edited by Lc_102; 07-12-2007 at 07:24 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

are you in a wheel chair or something? is there no possible way to do anyting with legs even if it is really light weight or even body weight. Deff if you going to work your chest n arms there i no reason to do back and shoulders. thats all upperbody. If you really get into the lifting and get a bigger upper body and never do legs your going to be unporportional. To me that is a big thing. With you as you say you absolutely cannot do anything with your legs, it might be hard for you but its something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lc_102 View Post
    I'm disabled (its amazing what gowing from 5'6 to 6'8 in a year and a half will do to your knees and back ), so its upper body strictly (no squats or powercleans period. Maybe some military press's)
    What was the diagnosis from your doctor?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style