Hey guys. My name is Brian and I am from Dirty Jersey. I have been reading this forum for a while and finally now decided to post for the 1st time. (Popped my cherry!) I want to 1st say that I am amazed with the knowledge of everyone on this site and have been using peoples advice with my lifting. So, thanks people. Onto my question...

I am coming back from a broken femur injury (car accident) and additional time-off from my wife and I having a baby. I have now been training hard again for about 6 months. I am 33 yrs. old, weigh about 225 lbs, bench is now 425 lbs., deadlift is 455 lbs., and squat is 315 lbs. I am hoping to get my squat up again, but it has been tough. I couldn't do any legs while I was recooperating from my injury, but still worked out my upper body (hence the imbalance in lifts).

I have never entered any competition before, or ever been to one before. I am looking to have some fun and try entering one now. I have also never used a bench shirt before or any other assist suit. Any helpful advice from anyone for how to prepare? Should I even bother to enter, or wait till I can lift more? They have a drug-free competition by my house in Sept. and Dec. this year. I look forward to any helpful advice people can offer. Thanks.