The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: So cool...

So cool...

I got a friend who's interning at Aire Born Studios just outside Indianapolis. He's done some second engineer work, most recently on a project for Disney. He's got the studio (studio C to be precise) to himself this weekend, the 28th-29th, and Aug 4-5, and is going to record his own album...and wants me to play for him.

I'm gonna head out there tomorrow afternoon to check it out. I've never set foot in a studio on this level, so it should be a hell of a good time.

On top of that and successfully defeating my wily automobile, I broke the 230lb barrier today, AND managed to get a good friend to stop being pissed off at me. I rule!
    If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it.
    Do what you've always done and get what you've always gotten.
    There is no failure, only feedback.

"Journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".--Lao Tzu

Pro-Choice...ON EVERYTHING.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

He doing an album or you guys just jamming? (edit) he's doing an album I see, compare it to something, be interested to hear something when you guys get it together.
    Last edited by BilltheButcher; 07-14-2007 at 08:41 PM.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Sounds like a good day for a disgruntled metalhead.
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    He doing an album or you guys just jamming? (edit) he's doing an album I see, compare it to something, be interested to hear something when you guys get it together.
    I can honestly say that I haven't got a clue what he's working on, other than it'll be some sort of faster paced heavy rock. I used to play with him a long time ago, but haven't in many years, so I don't know what he's been up to. It doesn't really matter to me though, since I know it's going to be different than what I'm doing with the current band.

It was fun. Saw a few other people I haven't in a while. I just listened and hung out for a while, brought my current guitard along too. I'm gonna get a CD of a few songs later this week and work with them, then head back there some other time to track a few.

It's an impressive facility, really. The big room is so cool, and the amount of gear in that place just blew me away.

The girl assisting my friend was kinda cute. If she's there next time I go, I might run some game on her. We'll see.

I'm actually looking very forward to going back, but it won't be for 2 or 3 weeks. I'll be recording with my current amplifier for the first time ever, just running the XLR out right to the board. The songs cover a lot of musical territory. Nothing particularly complicated, but he told me that I could play on any of the songs I wanted to. There were 4 that he wanted me to do, but if I heard any of the other ones, I was welcome to give them a shot too. He's got some rough ideas of what he's looking for, but I'll have almost free reign to play whatever I want.

So how does this work, you guys record your part and then mix everything together? What do you think of what he's making - anything to compare it to?
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

Quote Originally Posted by BilltheButcher View Post
    So how does this work, you guys record your part and then mix everything together? What do you think of what he's making - anything to compare it to?
    Yeah, this session is a track by track recording. They were doing drum tracks today while I was there.

When I record with my band, I prefer live instrumental takes with individual channel separation because it retains the spontaneity and energy of the band, but allows you to overdub individual tracks if needed. I usually engineer and produce most of the stuff I work on, so this will be an interesting change and just lets me relax and focus on playing.

I'm sure it sounds like other stuff out there, but it's not the sort of thing I typically listen to, so I can't really place it.