The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Personal Trainer

I'd like to work as a personal trainer. I called the gym I go to to find out what certification one needs to work there and they told me that it doesn't matter as long as you're certified.

So my question is which one do you guys recommend? Which one is the best? Which one has the most extensive information in it? Are they all priced about the same? Are these courses online?

How much can I expect to make as a personal trainer? I'd like to do this while I go to school. Right now I have a job but it's really stressful/depressing, I make $13.30 an hour and after working a regular shift and paying taxes I make $75/day. If I can make more than that or even the same I would be very happy.

I asked one of the personal trainers at the gym how much they pay but I didn't really understand his explanation. He mentioned something about 40-60%. I'm guessing if a one hour session costs $50 I would get 40-60% of that.

Are there any other courses I need to take to become a personal trainer, like a nutrition course, etc. or is that included in the PT course?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I called the gym I go to to find out what certification one needs to work there and they told me that it doesn't matter as long as you're certified.
    Which is the problem with PTs these days.

It doesn't take long to get "certified".

A guy I know is making around 50 an hour doing personal training, but he's a behemoth and everyone wants to work out with him as opposed to the other anorexic looking trainers.

As for certification and all that, perhaps try the search function first. It's been discussed before.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 07-20-2007 at 12:27 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks. I didn't think it would take long to get certified. A couple of the personal trainers at my gym have been making comments and noticing that I am getting bigger which makes me feel great and makes me want to become a PT.

I did a search on the other topic that I posted in general health before making that thread. I'm going to do a search on this as well. However I think that 95% of the topics on this board have already been discussed and one could respond by telling someone new to do a search on it which might turn some members off this site. I don't know, this has probably been discussed before as well, I should do a search on it.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Search: If you have a question you would like to ask, its always worth doing a search first. Most likely someone will have asked the question before, which will either give you the exact answer you are looking for or enable you to ask a better more direct question.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

I think at 24 hour fitness, the trainers are paid differently if they are training or promoting. And of course promoting/pimping their products is required by the trainers.

So training pay is like 18 bucks an hour, promoting pay is like 7-8bucks an hour.

They have this thing called Master Trainer now. Those make more than the 18while training.