The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    ... weightlifting forever leetuck's Avatar

Going on holiday to Florida... couple of questions!!

Hi Guys,

I'm going to Florida on Sunday and it's my first time over there so I have a couple of questions.

Is it going to rain everyday? I looked on the weather forecast and it says that there are going to be "Scattered Thunberstorms" all the time. I looked on a webcam and the sky looked blue... no clouds. I'm going to guess that its going to rain on and off and be sunny the rest of the time??!?!?

Also, I'm staying right next to Disney world on I4 and wanted to know which steak houses you recommend?

Many thanks for any info,
    Lee
    Lee

Height: 6ft 4
    Current weight: 226 lbs

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    I've spent a lot of time in FL and it can rain hard for 20 mins and then the sun will come out and it will be as hot as hell and humid for the next 5 hours. Repeat. Weather changes a lot in Summer but likely it should be hot most of the time and sunny. Don't know the name but downtown Orlando there is a really famous steakhouse in a hotel lobby. When I was there I asked everyone about the best place for steak and 5 out of 6 or 7 folks I asked rec'd it. Just ask around. It was Chuck's or Charly's -- something like that.

Be prepared to drop a bundle in Disney World. $30 bottles of water and $600 sandwhiches (I am exaggerating so you get the idea). Have fun!

I'm on the gulf coast near tampa, and it's 'isolated rain/t-storms' or 'scattered rain/t-storms' almost daily. I work outside and have to work around this which is a real pita, basically on weather.com if it's isolated that usually means 30% chance of precipitation or less, scattered is like 40-50%. However, even though there's the chance of rain daily, it seems dry as hell. Maybe a day or two a week it'll start pouring, but usually if it rains it's just a very light sprinkle. Oh and almost all rain seems to have a maximum of like 20 minutes here.
    Go now, run along and tell your xerxes he faces free men here, not slaves

Ruffian is in Orlando for the summer and she says it rains everyday a little. Sometimes it just spits for a few minutes before the sun comes back out and some days it comes down for 30 minutes.
    Full Powerlifting
    Squat - 595lbs -- 270kg -- Dec. 31, '09 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Bench - 374lbs -- 170kg -- Dec 20, '08 (@100kg class)
    Dead - 589lbs -- 267.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @100kg class)
    Total: 1537lbs -- 697.5kg -- Dec 20, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)
    Bench Only -- 358lbs -- 162.5kg -- Nov. 25, '07 (Provincial Record @ 90kg class)
    Bench Only -- 376lbs -- 171kg -- Jan. 26, '08 (Provincial Record @ 100kg class)

Thanks...

I've asked a few people i know and they all give conflicting answers so this just clarifies it.

Cheers ... can't wait to tuck into a nice steak every day.
    Lee

Most of the time you're gonna look forward to the rain - it helps cool down everything for a brief moment.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

I just stayed in kissimmee for a week about 6 months ago, right next to disney. Theres a few decent restaurants in downtown disney, try there. Other than that I'm not sure-I'm sure there's some places by downtown Orlando. What parks are you going to?
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by leetuck View Post
    Thanks...

I've asked a few people i know and they all give conflicting answers so this just clarifies it.

Cheers ... can't wait to tuck into a nice steak every day.
    you seem more excited about the steak than being in Florida...do they not have decent steak in England?

Some friends just came back from the Orlando area. They said it was humid, very, very humid. Plan on being sticky all day because of that.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

I'm in Gainesville. If you're taking I75 then you'll go right past me. Stop for a night and I'll show you how we do it down hur.
    Fighters are teh bomb -Getfit

Test is test is test is test. It'll all bloat you the same! -BCC

I've basically booked everything. 14 day disney pass, 5 park flexi ticket, discovery cove etc.

I've wanted to go for quite a while so thought I may aswell do everything when I go. I'm staying at the Hotel Holiday Inn but I've heard some good and bad reviews about it.

Steak is ok in England but I've heard stories about monster steaks over in America so been looking forward to it. Generally over here, if you want a decent steak it will normally cost about £9 (approx $17) for a 8oz steak (which is too small). Some places you can get a 16oz steak for about £10 but it's like chewing rubber.
    Last edited by leetuck; 07-19-2007 at 06:54 PM.
    Lee

romantic relations w/bacon Indifference's Avatar
    I hope you dont have a problem with being stuck in small places with lots of people, because right now at disney thats exactly what its like =)

Also, I dont mean to sound like a downer but try and stay clean (as in dont touch everything) because you have to remember that everything there has had hands on it from all over the world. I've been over 10+ times to that area and gotten sick nearly every time.

but have fun!
    Oly Lifting + Some PL

#'s will be up when I know them

When are the school holidays in florida? They start tomorrow over here.

There's a place called Alton Towers in England and during the summer it get silly. I went once and in the whole day I managed to get on about 5 rides. Basically you queue for an hour then the ride starts, 30 seconds later you get off.

Is it worse than that? :]

Thanks for the info on the hygiene. I don't mind humidity but my future ex wife feels the heat too easily so I guess she is stuffed (ney mind)
    Last edited by leetuck; 07-19-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    Lee

Everybody is on summer break here in the US. That's why it will be really busy anywhere in Florida.

Get fastpasses. (Isn't that what they call it in Disney?) You pick up a card that tells you what time to get on a ride. You stand in a much shorter ride and you can wander around to see other things with shorter/no lines.
    To clear up some confusion:
    Blanche = slut on the Golden Girls
    Soprano = The Sopranos
    And no, my life does not revolve around the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by leetuck View Post
    I've basically booked everything. 14 day disney pass, 5 park flexi ticket, discovery cove etc.

I've wanted to go for quite a while so thought I may aswell do everything when I go. I'm staying at the Hotel Holiday Inn but I've heard some good and bad reviews about it.

Steak is ok in England but I've heard stories about monster steaks over in America so been looking forward to it. Generally over here, if you want a decent steak it will normally cost about £9 (approx $17) for a 8oz steak (which is too small). Some places you can get a 16oz steak for about £10 but it's like chewing rubber.
    What kind of steak? An 8oz t-bone is pathetic, but an 8oz filet is different. Both are too small for me. I like a 12oz filet. Make sure you go to the water park and check out the bugs life thing at animal kingdom.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

There's a few Outback Steakhouses around I-Drive that aren't too bad.

Just avoid the tourist traps that will overcharge ya.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Thanks for all the info ...

Generally the 8oz steaks are rump steak... fillet steak costs more.
    I will have a look for the Outback Steakhouses
    Lee