Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Maximus - First Impression

  1. #1
    El Jefe DoUgL@S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,277

    Maximus - First Impression

    I finally got a chance to taste Maximus, I used it a post workout meal. I have the Chocolate and was not sure what to expect.

    I have grown accustomed to the palatability and ease of mixing of both Nitrean and Opticen, and I must say that Atlarge has not disappointed with the new addition to their arsenal. Although 1 serving is 5 scoops, it is not as thick as Opticen, but is more substantial than Nitrean.

    Keeping in mind that taste is subjective, I must say that I think it is the best tasting chocolate supplement I have encountered. Add to that the microlactin, inulin, flaxseed and the quality of the ingredients that are used I think Atlarge has a winner.

  2. #2
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Thanks for your thoughts Dark Knight!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  3. #3
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Yep, thank you very much.

    Would you mind if we used this as a testimonial on the AtLarge website and in email promotions?

    Daniel
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

  4. #4
    El Jefe DoUgL@S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,277
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Yep, thank you very much.

    Would you mind if we used this as a testimonial on the AtLarge website and in email promotions?

    Daniel
    Nope. Feel free.

  5. #5
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

    We'd also appreciate any other experiences our members have had with our new product Maximus!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

  6. #6
    Senior Member Twan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    191
    When I got my tub of Maximus, I couldn't believe how big it was! It helps me EXPLODE in my workouts and put up numbers I never thought possible. Thanks At Large, you've really saved my life!



    Just kidding....that would be the testimonial for those fake ass companies that try and get you to buy their product like it is a godsend.

    Real testimonial:
    I take one full serving of Maximus once per day, and it is both filling and delicious. It's thick, but that is something you will get used to as time goes on. I like to mix it with a banana and a few cups of milk. I think for a healthy weight gainer, this product is great!

  7. #7
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Thanks Twan!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  8. #8
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    I finally got a chance to taste Maximus, I used it a post workout meal. I have the Chocolate and was not sure what to expect.

    I have grown accustomed to the palatability and ease of mixing of both Nitrean and Opticen, and I must say that Atlarge has not disappointed with the new addition to their arsenal. Although 1 serving is 5 scoops, it is not as thick as Opticen, but is more substantial than Nitrean.

    Keeping in mind that taste is subjective, I must say that I think it is the best tasting chocolate supplement I have encountered. Add to that the microlactin, inulin, flaxseed and the quality of the ingredients that are used I think Atlarge has a winner.
    I received my Maximus yesterday and tried it after my workout. I bought the chocolate as well and mixed it with milk. I thought the taste was excellent although I still think Opticen and milk is still my favorite. It's definitely somewhere between Opticen & Nitrean as far as thickness. Definitely filled me up though. It appears to be another good product though.

  9. #9
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Barker View Post
    I received my Maximus yesterday and tried it after my workout. I bought the chocolate as well and mixed it with milk. I thought the taste was excellent although I still think Opticen and milk is still my favorite. It's definitely somewhere between Opticen & Nitrean as far as thickness. Definitely filled me up though. It appears to be another good product though.
    Thanks for the review!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  10. #10
    Soon to be lean... Joe Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    10,936
    Yep, thanks for the feedback!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

    Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

    Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

  11. #11
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Yep, thanks for the feedback!
    No problem guys!

  12. #12
    Unremarkable Questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    881
    What is the recommended amount of fluid to mix this with? I tried 1.5 cp water last night and it was fairly thick. 2 cp?

  13. #13
    Senior Member cphafner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    The Big Apple
    Posts
    7,701
    I received my first tub on Wendesday. I've been drinking 2.5 scoops + 25g matlodextrin for breakfeast, pre, and postwork. The taste has been great so far. For a weight gainer it doesn't mix thick at all. I mix it in only about 12 oz water. I look forward to seeing the results over the next month.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

    I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

    "you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

    "Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

    From A Body Builder is Born

    i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

  14. #14
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    What is the recommended amount of fluid to mix this with? I tried 1.5 cp water last night and it was fairly thick. 2 cp?

    Roughly 16 oz. which I think equates to about 2 cups.

    Chris


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  15. #15
    Unremarkable Questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    881
    2 cp milk and it mixed up fine

  16. #16
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Excellent!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  17. #17
    Wannabebig New Member HahnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    0
    I think the key is mixing it mostly with water, and adding a little milk for weight. The water makes it less thick, and the milk cuts down on the "frothyness" you get when you blend anything with pure water.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

    Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

  18. #18
    Super Moderator RBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    0
    i just started using maximus this week, and its what i was expecting. great taste, mixes well and a quality supp. easy way to get some of those cals in.


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  19. #19
    Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South Beach
    Posts
    349
    ordering today!
    Height: 6' weight:197
    BF%: ~12%?

    bench: 280 x 1
    squat: 370 x 1
    dead: 360 x 1

    goal: 225 @ < 10% bodyfat

  20. #20
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by RBB View Post
    i just started using maximus this week, and its what i was expecting. great taste, mixes well and a quality supp. easy way to get some of those cals in.
    Thank you!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  21. #21
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by radioheadhead View Post
    ordering today!

    Excellent! Thanks!


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

  22. #22
    Unremarkable Questor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    881
    Okay, I've been tweaking out my preparation of the Maximus shake.

    First off, I've cut the serving to four scoops (to extend my supply).
    Then I add one cp milk, on cp water, and five or six ice cubes.
    Blender (power shaker is not enough)

    Makes about two glasses, and is perfectly fine.

    I take it PWO after 'worthy' workouts. Because I'm not dosing every day, I haven't gotten any doms recovery effects that I can report.

    But I know that my PWO shake is bang on perfect nutrition.

    A question, is the sugar by any chance dextrose?

  23. #23
    OG SDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sweet Home
    Posts
    450
    I mix 2.5 scoops with 10 oz. water and it's perfect. Every now and then I'll add a couple tbsp olive oil for more cal.'s

  24. #24
    Administrator chris mason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Posts
    12,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Okay, I've been tweaking out my preparation of the Maximus shake.

    First off, I've cut the serving to four scoops (to extend my supply).
    Then I add one cp milk, on cp water, and five or six ice cubes.
    Blender (power shaker is not enough)

    Makes about two glasses, and is perfectly fine.

    I take it PWO after 'worthy' workouts. Because I'm not dosing every day, I haven't gotten any doms recovery effects that I can report.

    But I know that my PWO shake is bang on perfect nutrition.

    A question, is the sugar by any chance dextrose?
    The carbs are maltodextrin.

    Chris


    AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Similar Threads

  1. Maximus
    By wdjuqi in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
  2. First impressions of Maximus
    By jgprather in forum AtLarge Nutrition Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
  3. SF's Bench Shirt - 1st Impression
    By Saturday Fever in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 05:12 PM
  4. My Impression of HIIT
    By harryhoudini66 in forum Powerlifting and Strength Training
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 03:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •