The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 42 of 80 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1996
    Sup buddy, work looks great. Hope whatever happens is ultimately for the better man. Sucks that you're going through this sort of formal "review" process and crap there, can't really imagine being investigated and all that for dropping dumbbells, crazy man.

AM Crew
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Nice pull, looking strong.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

You need a different place to lift anyways, good luck with that complete bull****.

Banned
    the whole thing is ridiculous. ive been lifting the same way there for 6 months and suddenly theres a prob.

never heard from the guy today

Maybe he was just having a bad day. Happens to the best of us.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I don't believe that there should ever be much noise during a basic workout. I'm a believer in "if you can pick it up you can put it down." But, if you do drop 2 DB's from around the same height, then the heavier DB's will make more noise, it's simple as that.

I believe that you can get the Inc. DB's down in a quiet manner. I'll usually fail and have the DB's in the bottom position and swing them back to my knees. Granted it's probably harder with 130's, but your overall strength is accustomed to the heavier DB's.

If you can save money by going to a more commonly known weight-lifting gym, and it's cheaper, call me cheap, but I'd opt for the cheaper establishment.
    Last edited by Time+Patience; 11-02-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Journal http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...us-Consistency

Consistency is the key to success within this sport...

Are you throwing the weights from shoulder height? I've seen some wickedly bent DBs because people toss them. Almost every DB at Bev Francis is bent because that place is no holds bar. Maybe that is his concern?
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    this is what im doing exactly. no way im risking tearing my shoulder to save some noise. certainly not throwing.. its not the owner is some old fat bitch relaying info to the owner. i hate people

Banned
    db oh press
    25sx10
    40sx10
    55sx5
    70sx5
    85sx5
    100sx5
    110sx5/6
    110sx4/5
    100sx6

standing mili
    65x10
    95x5
    135x5
    170x3 loose belt
    205x4 belt heavy ugh
    185x6 belt
    185x4 belt, fail on 5
    155x11
    135x13

db oh press
    50sx10
    70sx12
    70sx14
    70sx13

db alt curls
    30sx10
    35sx10
    40sx10
    40sx10
    35sx10

Very strong pressing. I have some work to do...
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

Serious work for them delts!!

Banned
    ty guys. i have some kind of impingement in my left shoulder... not sure what the deal is. certainly not an acute injury. i hope some rest this weekend will sort that out.. it just kind of developed yesterday at work. i would like to hope its posture related from sitting at my disk for so many hours the past week but.. i feel that it probably isnt, unfortunately.

legs inc. id like to hit 350x8 on squats. i feel good.. my job is taking a lot out of me lately... believe it or not, i had no gray hairs about a year ago.. and now there are about 20 that i can see. sigh.

I friggin hate working at a desk so much - I have definitely noticed my shoulders and genera posture slump down from years of working at a desk and I often get spasms in my shoulders/traps. I just try to walk abot every hour or so and do some stretches, but its so boring I don't do it enough!

350 x 8 on squats would be awesome. Goddamn, 220 for 5 is my 3 month goal lol
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

Banned
    ya unfortunately its not posture. its the same shoulder pinch feeling i had this summer from being overworked. double sessions FTL

workout was terrible. no energy, way too stressed to focus.

squats to
    315x8
    335x3, racked. i wanted to dump and start smashing stuff but i was able to stifle it.

lunges
    30sx8

**** it. do some cardio tonight.. get some real sleep tonight and do it right tomorrow morning.

Wannabebig New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    no show. its ridiculously out of my league after i did some real research. 2011 will be my year. about to do quads/calves
    But why you have no show? I hope that it will be the year for you. Good job for that! 2011 is a nice year for us. Good luck.

I was turning grey by 20 years old. Now I have a full head of grey hair. Hey, at least I haven't lost my hair

Get some rest man, those two a days are probably beating on you.
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

LuNa
    You have putting in some great work lately. That combined with your job, im amazed you can continue like this. Keep up the great work!

Every vid I've seen of you (granted I don't lurk in the journals section as much) has been great form. And with the numbers, well, that speaks for itself.

Agreed on the need to change gyms. I've never belonged to a gym that made a big deal about noise, including my current one. Actually, I'd like to see someone tell the folks at my gym about the need to quiet down. Be good to get a camera shot, LOL.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Screw good form and videos - can we get a video of your grey hairs?

Also, I friggin hate people who moan about noise in the gym. I remember once the restaurant manager coming up to the gym to moan at people who were dropping dumbells on the floor as his customers in the restaurant downstairs could hear it and it was making it hard to enjoy your meal. WTF?

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
    I was turning grey by 20 years old. Now I have a full head of grey hair. Hey, at least I haven't lost my hair

Get some rest man, those two a days are probably beating on you.
    same -- gray but hanging on. i got a solid 11.5 of sleep last night. really needed it, i feel much better today

Quote Originally Posted by RvNijnatten View Post
    You have putting in some great work lately. That combined with your job, im amazed you can continue like this. Keep up the great work!
    thanks man, its been real tough the last month thats for sure. i have like no time whatsoever beyond prepping and eating during weekdays. i dont even want to do anything on the weekends, just sit and stare at the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Focused70 View Post
    Every vid I've seen of you (granted I don't lurk in the journals section as much) has been great form. And with the numbers, well, that speaks for itself.

Agreed on the need to change gyms. I've never belonged to a gym that made a big deal about noise, including my current one. Actually, I'd like to see someone tell the folks at my gym about the need to quiet down. Be good to get a camera shot, LOL.
    thanks buddy. went to my other gym today since i was able to take my time and ease into the day. it was fun. there are some BIG dudes there but theyre all top heavy.. no one squats. ppl are like "wtf" seeing someone take 315+ deep for reps. if only i had their upper body development

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Clough View Post
    Screw good form and videos - can we get a video of your grey hairs?

Also, I friggin hate people who moan about noise in the gym. I remember once the restaurant manager coming up to the gym to moan at people who were dropping dumbells on the floor as his customers in the restaurant downstairs could hear it and it was making it hard to enjoy your meal. WTF?
    lol... ironically, i would be irritated if i were trying to eat out and weights were hitting the floor above me. oh well haha. i feel so much better today. i think i have to go into work tonight today briefly tho. i need tto send a report to our equity group. joy.

Banned
    squats
    barx10 or something
    95x8
    135x5
    185x5
    225x5
    275x5
    315x6 belt
    345x5
    345x6
    315x8
    275x11

db lunges
    30sx5
    45sx5
    60sx5
    75sx5
    90sx5
    105sx7
    105sx3 misstepped and my right glute is now a little tweaked. joy

angled calf press
    360x12
    360x10
    360x10
    360x10
    360x8
    very good iso machine..... i was impressed w/ how hard it was

some machine leg press
    stackx12x4

done. prob goto my other gym this afternoon for some cardio.

edit: its worth noting that i my squat stance was different today and i liked it a lot more. feet are shoulder width and toes out at about 25-30 degrees acute, knees forward in the hole... not as much forward lean.

twas amusing some mexicans or some nonsense were in the smith doing 1/8th squats at 2pps belt/knee wraps/chalk all hard core like they know something. im such a hater.
    Last edited by f=ma; 11-06-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    also.. shoulder feels better. i took some naproxen 500 last night and zoned. dare i say i will be benching on monday. im going to try stepping out of the strength rep range and pushing into higher reps at current weights going forward next week. im fairly satisfied with current strength levels... id like to be at 10s-12s at current weights. that is the plan

Solid leg day, you should get another video up with that different stance. Any new thoughts on the M3?

Looks great, huge leg session man.

Nice volume and strength on those squats buddy, looks lke a nice leg session!

On the rep stuff, I think thats a good idea. It'll be a nice change for you and training in that rep range may even drive some hypetrophy for you.

Have you thought about training in both rep ranges?

For example, I tend to follow a 4 week progression cycle where one of those weeks I train at 6 reps and then the other 2 are 10-12 and the last one is a back off (at 6 reps actually). This allows you to stay in the 10-12 rep area and focus on form but you know 2 out of 4 weeks you have some 6 rep sessions where you can up the weight and go for it.