Page 66 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 3106

Thread: Vincent Dizenzo Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Keaffer14 View Post
    mr dizenzo, just wanted to start off saying i'm coming to your seminar october 2nd and i am really looking forward to learning from you and all the other people who will be there.

also, just wanted to say i completely understand what you mean about nearly breaking down during training, as one of my best friends and long time training partners passed away recently, and lifting without thinking about it has been difficult lately. just wondering what helped you get through it?
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. In dealing with my brother's passing I tell myself he does not want me to be sad. I know I would not want him to be if the situation had been reveresed. He came to many of my competitions so I like to honor him by continuing to do well in the sport that I love. I know it will never go away nor do I want it to. It's just my new reality.

I look forward to meeting you at the seminar. It's going to be a great day. Stay strong.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

WEDNESDAY 9/15

-Warmup, bodyweight circuit x 2
    -Standing ab pulldowns w/band 4x10
    -Physioball rev hypers w/band 4x10
    -Trap bar dl upper handles 275/295/320x5
    -Dumbell curls superset incline, seated, and concentration 25 3x6
    -Calf raises 3x15

THURSDAY 9/16

-Treadmill, 25 minutes hiit
    -Foam roll and stretch
    -Physcial therapy

FRIDAY
    9/17
    Wow, my back totall spasmed out of control today. I made the mistake of cutting my toenails (I wear flip flops and slides a lot and decent looking feet are important to me. PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-Guys women do not dig funky looking toes, cut your nails). Anyway, when I came out of leaning over my back locked up. I quickly took 800 mgs of motrin. Matt came by to pick me up and recommended I throw on a heating pad for the ride to the gym which was a good call. I could barely get into his truck. I actually let out a whimper. We stopped to eat and I felt no better. When we got to the gym I was still pretty locked up.

I was determined to lift. I wanted to go for the 635 rev band bench I missed a few weeks ago. I put some heat on my back. Cristen was nice enough to bring some of those heat patches and my man Karsten brought me some Magnesium. Matt told me that Magnesium is a muscle relaxer. I went through some upper body warmup stuff and started loosening up a bit. From there I figured I'd try to loosen up the lower body. I did some Dave Tate height box squats, with just my body weight and I continued to feel a little better. So when we finally got on the bench I tried to plant my feet and that was a no go. So I took up until 500 with my feet up. At 500 I planted them and it felt ok. So I finished off like that. I did not go for the 635, but I hit a comfortable 620. I snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Brian reminded me that this is not the first time therapy has gotten in the way of my training. I think I am going to scale back pt to Monday's. Thursday just does not work if it leaves me banged up for Friday training.

Thanks to our crew for getting me through the session.

-Bodyweight warmup-carefully
    -Rev band bench 140/230/320x10 410/460x3, 500/550/590/620x1
    -4 board press 410/500/590x3
    -Overhead tri ext w/band 5x15
    -Pullups 4x5
    -Band pullaparts 3x15
    -Dbll h rolls 15 3x15

SATURDAY 9/18

-Treadmill, steady 25 minutes
    -Foam roll and stretch

SUNDAY 9/19

-SSB good mornings 4x10
    -McGill situps 4x10
    -SSB box squats 275/295x5, 320x10
    Superset
    -TKE's 3x15
    -Shrugs 75 3x15
    -Band curls 3x15

I'm glad to report my back is feeling pretty good.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Nice work man! Hope the back gets back to normal soon

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Superior Athletics - Northeast Ohio's Center for Athlete Training
    *Westside Barbell Certified Gym

Still a strong session bro. Hope that back gets healed up man. It looks like the wife and I will have to hold off on the seminar this time, but definitely keep us here posted on the next one you'll be doing. I gotta make one.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Thanks guys. Had a good therapy session yesterday, We think we are on the right track.

Monday 9/20/10

-Treadmill, 15 minutes hiit
    -Physical therapy and stretching

Had to cut cardio a little short. It was such a gorgeous day that I cut the lawn and fertilized yesterday when I got home from PT. Then I got a call from Rhodes. He had a head on car collision this weekend. Thank God he's ok. He wanted to come by so we could find him a new truck online. I'm a good car shopper and a good friend, so I begrudgingly got off the treadmill.

Hey vince,
    My bench is crap as of now and was hoping you might could pass on some training advice. im 36, 6' 230. Have a low 500 raw squat, mid 500 DL, and a brutal 297 pause bench to my credit in a meet. Now i have paused 315 x5 within the last 3 months, but at my meet last week 308 might as well have been 600. anything you think i could add that would help would be great. I have recently added floor presses and benching with chains. thanks again!!!
    I am not "the" Bo Jackson, i just stole his name.....
    6'1 230
    Squat 555 - belt only
    Bench 340 - raw(11.3.11)
    DL 540 - belt only
    "Dont confuse activity with progress." - Gene Stallings
    My Log - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...35550-Bo-s-Log

Quote Originally Posted by bojackson View Post
    Hey vince,
    My bench is crap as of now and was hoping you might could pass on some training advice. im 36, 6' 230. Have a low 500 raw squat, mid 500 DL, and a brutal 297 pause bench to my credit in a meet. Now i have paused 315 x5 within the last 3 months, but at my meet last week 308 might as well have been 600. anything you think i could add that would help would be great. I have recently added floor presses and benching with chains. thanks again!!!
    Can you get me some video? If you are having that much trouble with pausing, I tend to think it's your lats. I would definitely start pausing all reps on bench.

Tuesday 9/21/10
    Assistance Day

Circuit
    -Physioball bench 50x20 60x20
    -Rope pushdowns 50 2x20
    -T-bar rows 90 3x20
    -Blast strap scarecrows 2x20
    -Key presses 50 2x20

Figured I would run a circuit to get the blood flowing. It ended up being a quick, but worthy session. I forgot what it's like to go to almost failure. The pushdowns, scarecrows, and key presses were actually difficult and the weight clearly was not heavy at all. I threw in an extra set of t-bar rows as those were too easy. I'll probably run this workout next week also. I'll up the dumbells on bench and go to 3 plates on the t-bar.

Wednesday 9/22/10
    Deadlift

-Trap bar deadlift 275/295x5, 320x10
    Circuit
    -Band pulldown abs 2x20
    -Standing calf raises 2x20
    -Band gm's 2x20
    -Dbll curls 20 2x20

Done and done.
    Last edited by vdizenzo; 09-22-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Friday 9/24/10
    ME Bench

-Seated overhead rack lockout, worked up to 475x1
    -3 board press, 640x0, 640x0, 640x0, 625x0, 625x0
    Circuit
    -Bbll tri ext 140 3x15
    -Pullups 3x5
    -Band face pulls 3x15

Hit the 475 overhead which I missed a few weeks ago. I was happy with that. I got greedy and went for a pr on the 3 board press. After just missing 640 three times I went for 625. I missed it once and I realized the handoffs were a bit high, damn that Matt Rhodes! He gave me a good one on the last set. The guys said I got it locked, but then it started to come back down. That's no rep in my book. I got f'n greedy. I should have stopeed after the killer rep on the overhead.

I was spent after those heavy lifts. I usually do 5 sets on each assistance, but not this time. A nice quick circuit and I was done.

Today I have a nasty cold. I wonder if I was getting it last night or if last night lowered my resistance. Either way I'll use it as an excuse for my misses.

I have a killer ME session planned for next week. I need to get better. I am taking things light and easy this week. I will eat well and sleep well. Success is where preparation meets opportunity.

Supplements I'm currently taking:
    -ETS http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=5
    -Creatine http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=3
    -Multi Plus http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=6
    -Fish Oil http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...products_id=15
    -Nitrean http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=1

Crazy overhead man. Hope you get to feeling better.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Still sick, but got a little news to make me feel better. I think Wendler might be making a surprise appearance at our seminar this weekend.

Thanks, thanks a ton. That just pisses me off even more now that I won't be there. Will it be recorded? Please? I'll pay.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Thanks, thanks a ton. That just pisses me off even more now that I won't be there. Will it be recorded? Please? I'll pay.
    Sorry, no recording devices will be allowed. Jim does not like to be recorded. He thinks it robs his soul.

You'd have to be one crazy SOB to try to rob big Jims soul. Will definitely definitely keep my eyes peeled for the next get together though. Work just wouldn't let up its loving embrace long enough this time.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Wednesday, I don't know the date

I'm just trying to recover from a bad cold. I have asthma, so if a cold gets the better of me I can stay sick for a long time. So right now I'm just eating right and resting.

I have also been doing some shoulder and back rehab stuff. Both are feeling remarkably well.

I hope I can get back to the weights on Friday. I'm also really looking forward to Saturday's seminar.

10/1/10 Friday
    Max Effort Bench

-Bench-Raw worked up to 550x1
    Added Metal Ace Bench shirt to 2 board 700x1, to 1 board 800x1, to chest 850x0
    -Pullups 5x5
    -Chain tri ext, 2 chains 2x15, 3 chains 1x15
    -Side raises 25 2x15

So, I was not completely over being sick. I wanted to take a decent raw number because I was considering doing the Worldlifting Raw Event in Moscow. The 550 was very comfortable, especially considering I have not worked my raw for the most part. I threw on the shirt after that in case I decided I don't want to do the raw meet and continue with my plans to compete in the IPA Rhode Island meet in a few weeks. I have not been in the shirt in a while so the 700 felt odd. 800 to a 1 board flew. Then I could not touch 850. Brian called me and I put a decent push on it, but I had been in the hole for a while. I am guessing for that weight the shirt can only be snugged rather than pulled down, if that makes any sense. I'll play with that this week. I only plan on going to 765 I'll see how that feels getting to a one board with the shirt adjustment. I also need to do my pullups at the end of my assistance. As funny as it sounds I don't think my arms are warmed up enough from just benching to handle them. The bicep I partially tore is jacked up for a few days afterwards and I don't want to give up doing them.

Also notable from Friday's training was warrior-poet Jim Wendler and Juliet Deane attended. It was good to hang out with them. Jim did not train, but Juliet did. I prefer watching her train to Jim anyway. Juliet was in town to do a seminar with me and Matt on Saturday and Jim just came to hang out.

So we all presented at the TPS outside of Boston. We had 20-21 attendees. I am happy to say that a quarter of them were women. We lectured and answered questions for about 4.5 hours and then we did hands on training for around 3 hours. Everyone did a great job. I had a blast. The owner CJ Murphy has a great gym. I highly recommend you get to TPS if you are in the area.

One of the cool things at this seminar was that many times when Matt, Juliet, and Jim spoke, I felt like an attendee myself. I learned a few things that day. One of the things I learned, is that my goals are mine. I need to do what I do for my own reasons. I have been laboring over competing in Moscow. Yes, it would be a great opportunity, but if I have to think about it, then I need not go. I was stressed thinking about perception and impact on the sport. Those things are no longer important to me. Being strong, healthy, and conditioned are. Competing in Moscow would interrupt those goals. I also really want to get in great condition and try to compete in a full meet raw. These things are important to me and that should be my focus. So as it stands, I will compete as a 275 equipped bench only in Rhode Island on the 23rd and then hopefully the Lexen in March. After that it's back down to the 242's and a try for a full meet raw. I don't care if it takes me a year to get myself there, but that's my goal.

Vin, thanks for sharing that. It made me think, I've been pushing to meet a deadline in my head for 2 different goals, wanting two different things. On one hand, I'm pushing to get a new position at work, and on the other I'm pushing to get in shape and lose weight. After reading your journal, I need to do one, make it my be all end all goal first, achieve it and then start another. The most important thing to me right now is losing weight and getting in better shape right now, life over fortune, but it doesn't mean I can't have both, just in due time. The seminar sounds like a great deal man, I'll definitely make one eventually, keep us informed.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Garage Lifter
    its very cool to hear that you're going to do another full power meet
    "Its not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. Its the will to prepare to win that matters." Bear Bryant
    My blog: http://mattsdailyjournal.wordpress.com/
    My Journal: http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...88#post2271988

10/4/10 Monday
    Assistance

Circuit

-Plyo ball dbll bench 25x20, 40x20, 50x20
    -Dbll rows 25x20, 40x20, 50x20
    -Seated dbll press 25x20, 40x20, 50x20
    -Tate presses 15x20, 20x20, 25x20

As I have been usually saying about assistance, I got it done. That's all. My weight is creeping up. I feel well enough to condition again. I'm looking forward to a little treadmill time today. Man, I never thought I'd hear myself say that.

Supplements I'm currently taking:
    -ETS http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=5
    -Creatine http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=3
    -Multi Plus http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=6
    -Fish Oil http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...products_id=15
    -Nitrean http://atlargenutrition.com/nutritio...?products_id=1

vincent, thanks a lot again for all the help benching at the seminar. I was really grateful to be able to have you watch me benching and it was really great. thanks a lot

Lee Keaffer

Quote Originally Posted by Keaffer14 View Post
    vincent, thanks a lot again for all the help benching at the seminar. I was really grateful to be able to have you watch me benching and it was really great. thanks a lot

Lee Keaffer
    It was my pleasure. You did a great job. Remember what you learned. You looked good. Damnit, I forgot to show you how to wrap your wrists better. Hopefully we will catch up again. Good luck at your meet.

Don't forget to hold your breath when you take the weight!

Do tell about wrapping wrists better.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May

Quote Originally Posted by Mark! View Post
    Do tell about wrapping wrists better.
    I'll have to take some video of it. It will be easier to show than explain.

That'd be great. I've been playing around with my inzer wrist wraps, I find that when benching, if I wrap them slightly around my palm, I get more support, when squatting I just leave them down.
    "Light Weight"

260's by May