PDA

View Full Version : Need Energy

neffler
10-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Here is my dilema I am a new father of a 5 month old baby, and I need to get back to losing weight. I am currently 6'4" 250lbs, with 30% body fat, I really need to hit that 200lbs mark ASAP, and I know everyone here says lift heavy. My problem seems to be lack of energy I mean I go to the gym and I just yawn, I get ok sleep around 7-8 hrs usually woken up once to feed the baby. I drink a lot of diet soda I MEAN A LOT like 100oz plus a day, and right now I am trying to cut back to no more then 24oz-36oz a day, and hopefully down to next to none. Which brings me to my question, anyone have any suggestions on a healthy way to increase your energy level? Hopefully I can reduce my weight through some change in diet, and give myself more energy at the gym, which I REALLY need.

dscarth
10-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Make sure to get carbs in your pre-workout meal.
Creatine and caffeine supplements would help with energy.

BFGUITAR
10-21-2007, 07:00 PM
You may get enough sleep, but is it quality sleep?

neffler
10-22-2007, 07:03 PM
Well the sleep I am getting isn't really awesome quality, due to the fact I have a 5 month old at home, so I do get woken up, but no more then once during the night. My wife works 3rd shift so I get mom duty those nights. I do have this horrible habit of waking up on my own once every night, and getting something eat/drink. I don't know why I do this but my assumption is all the caffiene I have been consuming, so any suggestions on a good non-drug energy solution? Eat more carbs, more protein, cut out all processed suger/fat from my diet????

mikey4402
10-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Make sure to get carbs in your pre-workout meal.
Creatine and caffeine supplements would help with energy.
Plus start doing some cardio, that might help you out in the long run.

. I do have this horrible habit of waking up on my own once every night, and getting something eat/drink. that is the perfict time to slam a whey protien shake