PDA

View Full Version : How long do you refridgerate your food for?

Keith
10-25-2007, 10:02 AM
I know this depends on what type of food, but I'm talking meat, fish, chicken, etc. I'm also talking refridgerate, not freeze. The max I'll keep that type of food refidgerated for is 3 days. Have any of you gotten away with 4, even 5 or longer?

WORLD
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Yes, and I'm still alive.

Keith
10-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Lol, really? How long have you kept in there for without getting sick?

zen
10-25-2007, 10:41 AM
for one, it depends on what it is. Usually, if it has meat or dairy in it, I tend to not eat anything that has been in the fringe for more than 3 days.

But that's not a hard rule.

It also depends on you. If you are someone who commonly eats things 3days or older, your system has adjusted to it.
Try to remember, human beings have been eating non-refrigerated food all up until 100 years ago.
Okay, so everything was cured, salted, or pickled back then, but still, the human body can adapt to food that isn't perfectly fresh. Always has.

mikey4402
10-25-2007, 12:33 PM
are you talking cooked or uncooked meat?

Uncooked no more then 3 days
Cooked ill let go for a week

Keith
10-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Cooked. For instance, I have a fish meal sitting in the fridge and it's now the forth day since I cooked it.

Bohizzle
10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
eat it, if u puke, u know it was too long :D

mikey4402
10-25-2007, 12:46 PM
ohhh i thought this was a general question.

I can just picture keith at the refridgerater smelling his dinner wondering if he should eat it, then he think ill ask WBB!! LOL

I cook all my meals (except dinner) on sunday, i usally try to eat the fish meals first though. I think your food will be alright

AKMass
10-25-2007, 12:49 PM
I've left cooked meat in the fridge for at least a week and a half, then eaten it and not gotten sick. I've actually done this on many occasions. I think your fish should be ok. Don't waste it!

Keith
10-25-2007, 01:15 PM
eat it, if u puke, u know it was too long :D

Seriously, I really don't want to waste it. I cook twice a week leaving myself meals for 3 days. For some reason, I forgot to eat it last night, though.

Well, if I do eat it and puke, it's not like it's going to put me back any further, I've been sick for the past 3 days so I haven't been training or eating right. I haven't had a cold in well over a year and it blows me away how it kept with me after drinking 9 litres of water, basically overdosing on Vitamin C, avoiding all physical activity, and getting over 11 hours of sleep the first day I noticed it. It was WORSE the 2nd day, which makes me believe, what really works?? I do this type of stuff all the time and it goes away, it probably just would have been that much worse if I did nothing at all, though. Well there's my rant for the day. Hope you enjoyed it.

ohhh i thought this was a general question.

I can just picture keith at the refridgerater smelling his dinner wondering if he should eat it, then he think ill ask WBB!! LOL

I cook all my meals (except dinner) on sunday, i usally try to eat the fish meals first though. I think your food will be alright

Haha, it's true. I asked my Mom because they always seem to know all about this stuff, and she said 3 days. I'm assuming this is a 'safe' limit. So, I thought about asking you guys and seeing if you have went over 3 days and were fine. Fish seems a little iffy, though. I don't think I want to mess with it, but as I said, it's such a waste and a really tasty meal (if there's such a thing in my diet).

I've left cooked meat in the fridge for at least a week and a half, then eaten it and not gotten sick. I've actually done this on many occasions. I think your fish should be ok. Don't waste it!

Yeah, meat I figured would be more trusting then fish.. Have you done this with fish before?

AKMass
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, meat I figured would be more trusting then fish.. Have you done this with fish before?

Probably not for more than a week and a half, but definitely for more than 4 or 5 days.

Keith
10-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Probably not for more than a week and a half, but definitely for more than 4 or 5 days.

Cool. I'm eating it tonight then. What's the worst that can happen, right? If I'm sick, I'll know who to come after. :evillaugh:

WORLD
10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
The real question Keith, is WHY AREN'T YOU EATING ALL THE FOOD BY THE 4th day!!??
EAT MORE! Then SQUAT! and REPEAT!

Gunshow
10-25-2007, 03:24 PM
i leave my food way too long... i had bacon the other day that was brown before i cooked it:| it still didnt taste bad and i didnt get sick from it, i have an iron stomach though so it definately could have been rotten. It didn't look pretty i just really wanted bacon on my chicken sandwich.

Keith
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
The real question Keith, is WHY AREN'T YOU EATING ALL THE FOOD BY THE 4th day!!??
EAT MORE! Then SQUAT! and REPEAT!

Uhh...probably because I prep my meals in advance so they can last me this long instead of cooking everyday like you. :windup:

The real question Nick, is WHY ARE YOU STILL 157 LBS if you're so concerned with MY meal timing?

Don't forget to repeat.

Keith
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Well, no problems guys. Had the fish meal last night before bed and I'm fine and dandy. Well, minus the cold.

Unreal
10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
I cooked chicken Saturday and ate it Thursday. No issues. 5-6 days is my limit, but I also reheat it in the microwave to a nice steamy warm temp which could kill about anything if it did start to go bad. I don't know if I would eat week old chicken cold.

Keith
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
5-6 for chicken eh? That's good to know too because I cook that a lot as well. Moms are usually a little too concerned..

FighterInSnatch
10-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Keith I've had cooked tilapia in the fridge for a week, ate it and I was fine.