PDA

View Full Version : RESULTS testimonials - email and a FREEBIE!

chris mason
02-19-2008, 07:37 AM
We are starting to get some amazing feedback on these boards and others.

If you are willing to allow us to use your first name and last initial and thoughts on the product in future ads and other endorsements please submit an email to me at chris@atlargenutrition.com. Please include a note at the end allowing us permission to use your testimonial as we see fit. You can cut and past the following if you like:

AtLarge Nutrition, LLC may use this testimonial to include my first name and last initial in any manner they see fit for so long as they deem appropriate.

For every 20 testmonials we receive one winner will be chosen and receive a $100 credit with AtLarge Nutrition. This offer will remain valid through April 30th, 2008 (the $100 credit, you can send testimonials as much as you like :hello: ).

Chris Mason

PhilsterT
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
I imagine we will get some surprisingly strong strength gains now...

mikey4402
02-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Are you not worried that most of the testimonials that you will receive are going to be extreamly biased and/or completly made up?

MPB
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Yea, and 1 out of every 20 seems kind of a lot. Not to mention $100 is A LOT of money just for a feedback.

chris mason
02-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Are you not worried that most of the testimonials that you will receive are going to be extreamly biased and/or completly made up?

Why do you question everything related to AtLarge? Seriously. You just need to drop it.

No, I am not worried. Why would people lie? Would they lie so they can get $100 more worth of a product that did nothing?

mikey4402
02-19-2008, 06:16 PM
No, I am not worried. Why would people lie? Would they lie so they can get $100 more worth of a product that did nothing?
Why do bribes work?

yes people would lie to get $100 worth of free products! I know im not the only one thinking this.

I bring this up because it will take almost all credablility out the testimonials that are posted on your site.

PhilsterT
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
For me, the only testimonials that do anything are you and your sponsored athelets. I care nothing for the average Joe.

Invain
02-19-2008, 06:42 PM
I'd see it working if you made them including something like photos too. The chances at $100 would definitely get more people submitting testimonials than would normally.

c5kevin
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
im taking pictures and measurements. so i will report that to chris

bjohnso
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Chris already has a lot of unsolicited testimonials, I'm sure he'll get plenty that are not made up.

chris mason
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Why do bribes work?

yes people would lie to get $100 worth of free products! I know im not the only one thinking this.

I bring this up because it will take almost all credablility out the testimonials that are posted on your site.

So let me get this straight, a company owner asks for real opinions from real customers and provides them the CHANCE (no guarantee) to win $100 worth of products in order to incentivize them to take time out of their busy schedule to put their thoughts in writing and send them in and this ruins the credibility of the company and the testimonials???

Do you have any idea how many people who actually like a product take the time to write down their thoughts and submit them to the company that sells the product? Do you have ANY statistics on it? Have you ever done it? How many times?

Right, I didn't think so.

Your opinion is utterly unfounded and frankly rather paranoid. You may want to see a professional about your paranoia.

Chris

BFGUITAR
02-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Guys, I think Chris knows the possible outcomes of this and yes, people will do this just for a free ride. But like he said, he will use our testimonials any way they want. They're not going to put some weak little turd's (me) testimonial on the home site. Pros get that honour and what ever we say will probably be reserved for a different section. It is not like the pro's testimonials will be soiled.

And one out of twenty isn't a lot for them. For every 200 they give out 1000 dollars. I remember chris saying they spend this much a week to keep the sites going. Put it in perspective, it isn't a lot of money for a business such as this.

He wants our opinion and obviously trusts us to make the right choice. They obviously wont be losing money because they believe that their product will work which will force us to buy more. In this case, everyone wins. We get stronger they get richer, perfect.

Bicster
02-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Not to mention $100 is A LOT of money just for a feedback.

Its $100 in products, thats very different than giving away $100 cash.

mikey4402
02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
So let me get this straight, a company owner asks for real opinions from real customers and provides them the CHANCE (no guarantee) to win $100 worth of products in order to incentivize them to take time out of their busy schedule to put their thoughts in writing and send them in and this ruins the credibility of the company and the testimonials???
you always like to take things a step farther.

I never said anything about your companies credibility. The problem is when people see this offer they are going to submit a testimonial even if they havnt seen no gains from your product, They will lie about their results because they know you wont pick a negative option. You could even pick a testimonial to post on your site from someone who hasnt even taken the product.

Yes granted some of the testimonials my have truth to them, but how am i to know. Thus it makes the testimonials less credible.

Do you have any idea how many people who actually like a product take the time to write down their thoughts and submit them to the company that sells the product? Do you have ANY statistics on it? Have you ever done it? How many times?

Right, I didn't think so.

yes between 1-5% for prospects. Online survey click to completion rate for customers is usally around 30%-45%.

Yes i leave criticism, i have multiple time on this website.

Your opinion is utterly unfounded and frankly rather paranoid. You may want to see a professional about your paranoia.

Chris

I was actually hoping for an actually reply from one marketer to another. I am currious as to why you would spend the money on uncredible testimonials when you could use the capital for more effective promotions. For example, $100 tickets hidden in seleted bottles of Results

If you dont want responses to your announcements, dont post them in an open thread.

Paranoia? what do i have to fear?

Big_Byrd52
02-19-2008, 09:54 PM
We are starting to get some amazing feedback on these boards and others.

If you are willing to allow us to use your first name and last initial and thoughts on the product in future ads and other endorsements please submit an email to me at chris@atlargenutrition.com. Please include a note at the end allowing us permission to use your testimonial as we see fit. You can cut and past the following if you like:

AtLarge Nutrition, LLC may use this testimonial to include my first name and last initial in any manner they see fit for so long as they deem appropriate.

For every 20 testmonials we receive one winner will be chosen and receive a $100 credit with AtLarge Nutrition. This offer will remain valid through April 30th, 2008 (the $100 credit, you can send testimonials as much as you like :hello: ).

Chris Mason

it says 1 out of every 20 testimonials... good or bad... will be chosen. but obviously only positive ones would be printed.

so a testimony that said "this tastes like ****, hurt my stomach, made my hair part on the wrong side of my head and turned my fingernails a periwinkle color. i hope i win the 100 bucks so i can get my money back"

obviously would not be usaed in an add. but if it was an honest testimony, its still a testimony and eligible for the drawing. am i correct?

any online survey is biased, no matter what its for. companies and politicians spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to ensure an unbiased sample. obviously at large has not yet reached that level... key word yet, u gotta have faith ;)

if u have a better method thats reasonable, im sure chris is open to a suggestion.

MPB
02-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Its $100 in products, thats very different than giving away $100 cash.
How is that different. People who are coming to this site are spending their own money on their supplements so $100 credit would give them a chance to save their wallets from losing $100

Chris, mikey brings up a valid point. $100 is worth a lot of money. Although it is against my moral code to make up something that isn't true, I'm sure there are a lot of other people who are thinking of doing it. Wouldn't it be enough to ask for people's testemonials without mentioning $100, because I'm sure there are a lot of people who love ALN and would not hesitate to give their opinions about your products without expecting anything in return.

chris mason
02-19-2008, 10:39 PM
you always like to take things a step farther.

I never said anything about your companies credibility. The problem is when people see this offer they are going to submit a testimonial even if they havnt seen no gains from your product, They will lie about their results because they know you wont pick a negative option. You could even pick a testimonial to post on your site from someone who hasnt even taken the product.

Yes granted some of the testimonials my have truth to them, but how am i to know. Thus it makes the testimonials less credible.

yes between 1-5% for prospects. Online survey click to completion rate for customers is usally around 30%-45%.

Yes i leave criticism, i have multiple time on this website.

I was actually hoping for an actually reply from one marketer to another. I am currious as to why you would spend the money on uncredible testimonials when you could use the capital for more effective promotions. For example, $100 tickets hidden in seleted bottles of Results

If you dont want responses to your announcements, dont post them in an open thread.

Paranoia? what do i have to fear?

I don't want YOUR responses. Let's be specific.

You are a marketer? Really? Where do you do your marketing? What is your exact job title?

chris mason
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
it says 1 out of every 20 testimonials... good or bad... will be chosen. but obviously only positive ones would be printed.

so a testimony that said "this tastes like ****, hurt my stomach, made my hair part on the wrong side of my head and turned my fingernails a periwinkle color. i hope i win the 100 bucks so i can get my money back"

obviously would not be usaed in an add. but if it was an honest testimony, its still a testimony and eligible for the drawing. am i correct?

any online survey is biased, no matter what its for. companies and politicians spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to ensure an unbiased sample. obviously at large has not yet reached that level... key word yet, u gotta have faith ;)

if u have a better method thats reasonable, im sure chris is open to a suggestion.

Sure I am.

The bottom line is that I want people to tell us their real experiences with the products. I want HONEST and REAL testomonials. I don't want made-up b.s. like MANY supplement companies place in their ads.

Offering the incentive was for the reasons mentioned.

Anyway, if anyone has a better idea I may do that as well.

Chris

mikey4402
02-19-2008, 11:20 PM
I don't want YOUR responses. Let's be specific.

You are a marketer? Really? Where do you do your marketing? What is your exact job title?

My response doesnt matter? You know i am a repeat customer of yours? But i guess if you dont care for my business ill take it else where.

so does this meen im not eligible for your contest?

What i do and where i do it has nothing to do with this thread...

WHy do you always take actual questions and play on them as threats?

The bottom line is that I want people to tell us their real experiences with the products. I want HONEST and REAL testomonials. I don't want made-up b.s. like MANY supplement companies place in their ads.
Your not going to get such a thing, with this kind of promotion. Simple as that.

chris mason
02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Your not going to get such a thing, with this kind of promotion. Simple as that.

Lol, ok omniscient one.

PhilsterT
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't know if people will flat-out, lie, but I truly believe there will be some more over-hyped results. It takes no time for some average-Joe to make up a response.

Why can't you stick with sponsored atheletes that have crediblity? You gave them free product, shouldn't they help with feedback.

Also, I like the idea of "tickets" insides bottles for new/discount products; certainly an incentive to buy.

Bottom line: I think Chris is doing the right thing (real/honest testimonials), but it's very unrealistic that there won't be some intense over-hype and exageration with this incentive.

Joe Black
02-20-2008, 01:24 AM
mikey4402,

Heres what it comes down to.. Stop picking holes in everything.. It just ends up taking away from what we are trying to do...

Everything has it's pro's and con's and we are AWARE of them when we do things, but it seems every time we try and do something you try and pick a hole in what we do.

Understand it's tiring from our point of view.

Of course, you ca always come back with the 'are we not allowed to question you or have our view', which is a fair comment but when you question everything and tend to do so in a negative way - it's just getting too much.

Look, we appreciate you as a customer and hope you continue to be one but here's how it is simply. We don't mind people questioning our products and approach, that's fine. But, if we feel someone has an agenda or even just seems to be neagative about everything we do, don't you understand it will get to the point where we would just prefer not to have you about because you are actually damaging our business, or at least making it less enjoyable to run?

Please do not discuss this any further in this thread and if you want to, move it onto PM and PM me directly and we can talk.

Joe Black
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
Cheers for the PM guys.

We're trying not to be too defensive here, but it can be hard when we are so passionate about ALN and it's products and had no intent to try and deceive anyone or come up with bogus testimonials.

We have a ton of testimonials on the site at the moment and we take pride in them all being real testimonials from our customers. Most are un-soliciated and a few, yes have come from some encouragement.

Sure, there is always a chance from time to time an inflated one may get in, at the end of the day we are trusting the word of the customer and only publish ones we genuinely believe to be true.

Check your PMs for my reply and feel fee to continue posting in this thread.