PDA

View Full Version : Job Shadow

heathj
04-03-2001, 07:00 PM
I have to pick someone to job shadow within the week. I want to pick someone that has to do with weightlifting or personal training or anything like that. Anyone got any job professions that I could maybe look into to find people to shadow? I was thinking of shadowing a personal trainer, but I wanna see if there are any other options and how many. Thanks.

YatesNightBlade
04-04-2001, 02:36 AM
Shadow a Pro Bodybuilder ..... you could have some serious scar tissue at the end of it and be addicted to nubain so ..... maybe not a good idea.

Spiderman
04-04-2001, 05:17 AM
Hows about a physical therapist? Or a sports medicine doctor?

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-04-2001, 06:12 AM
You could shadow me if you like.

But i must warn you, it involves alot of brown ale consumption, protein consumption, late nights and sleep - in's and alot of insults for your mates.

Feel up to it?

heathj
04-04-2001, 07:58 AM
Heh, well, if you live in Washington...which you don't ;)

body
04-04-2001, 12:28 PM
washington is near newcastle well the real washington anyway.

Buff
04-04-2001, 12:42 PM
Dude, I live in Washington... where abouts do you live. You could so job shadow me. My day consists of: waking up around noon, eating a ton of really unhealthy food lifting weights and watching cartoons. My job is doing chores around the house, LOL.

Buff
04-04-2001, 12:44 PM
Dang health I just noticed you live in North Bend, where do you lift? I live in Issaquah, and lift at the Bally's on 148th, right off of I-90 in Bellevue..

heathj
04-04-2001, 04:21 PM
body, I live in the real washington! Washington state.

Buff...it's Heath :D I lift at my school after it gets out and when it's closed or they have wack hours during the summer or during spring break, I lift at home. What's your name? How old..do you go to high school, college?

body
04-04-2001, 07:12 PM
no washington in tyne and wear, UK - is the real washington. Chicken will agree aless they are maccams.

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-05-2001, 03:26 AM
'The Real Washington' is between Sunderland and Hartlepool. The good thing is though, they all support The Toon down there anyway so i don't mind 'em...:)

Buff
04-05-2001, 02:54 PM
Heath, I'm out of school nowand am 21.
You should go check out the Emerald Cup on April 20th. It's the biggest comp in Washington, a ton of pro's go there to promote their products at the supplment stands. It's hella cool. I think it's going to be at the Mayenbauer center in Bellevue.

heathj
04-05-2001, 05:00 PM
Maybe a few friends and I can go and we could hook up there. I'm 16 and a Junior at Mt. Si High School :) What high school did you go too? Never knew there was such a big comp in Washington, sweetness. Sounds sweet. Is there a website on info or anything?

Buff
04-06-2001, 12:44 AM
Hey man I went to high school in Sumner, back in the day. There are a ton of competions in Washington. www.eastcoastmuscle.com used to have a comp schedule, but I'm not sure if they still do. Go to www.getbig.com and hit the "upcoming competions" link, then hit the NPC regionals link and you will find when a few Washington shows are. If you enjoy bodybuilding, I strongly suggest going to as many comps as you can and you will totally get the bug. You should check out Max Muscle in Bellevue, they have some comp schedules too.
Dude, since you're 16, you should hardcore bulk this year, then next year pick a show, and compete against juniors, then BAM!! you'll kick some ass.
Drop me a line if you have any Q's @ radchad80@hotmail.com... later bro.
Buff

heathj
04-06-2001, 12:55 AM
Sweet, thanks. Yeah I wanna bulk up and get my bench to 260 x 1, squat to 350 x 1 and dead to 400 x1. I'm hoping. I think with at least those lifts I could compete somewhat. With my lifts now I know I couldn't. I am planning on gaining 10-15 pounds of muscle or so :) I hope so at least, heh.

heathj
04-06-2001, 12:57 AM
Is this a powerlifting competition or a muscle show off competition where guys are on stage?

Chris Rodgers
04-06-2001, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Buff meant a bodybuilding contest, not a PL meet.