PDA

View Full Version : Cycle RESULTS?

mlv
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Chris,
Do you need to cycle RESULTS? Thanks in advance.

chris mason
04-02-2008, 09:25 PM
No, there is no need to cycle it.

Chris

Built
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Interesting. You suggested the opposite in the Results thread:

I dont know if this has been mentioned anywhere yet, but I was just wondering if this was supposed to be cycled or anything? I just ordered it so I cant wait for it to get here, but I was just curious on wether or not to cycle it...

All supplements which are direct ergogens should be cycled, so the answer is yes.

For now, I suggest 90 days on followed by 1 month or more off.

Chris

In fact, when I questioned the validity of this, I was soundly chastized:

How come?

A) The qualifier in my statement really limits the pool.
B) Because the body becomes inured to the benefits over time for varying reasons.

Direct, okay, I get that. Not a lot of substances do this - basically we're talking creatine, your most recent supp, and gear.

What I'm interested in reading is research supporting your assertion that the non-gear variety should be cycled. For example, I have long been under the impression that creatine need not be cycled. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on why you feel it should, particularly since your company sells it.

Built, I don't have any specific research to reference at this time. That said, it is generally accepted and known that the body becomes accustomed to nearly any exogenous substance over time (yes, there are exceptions). This acclimation makes cycling beneficial in most cases.

Built, you may be confusing the two different reasons for cycling. One reason (mostly for gear) is that your body becomes too dependant on it. You need to cycle off so that you can restart your bodys natural production of testosterone

The other reason to cycle (like for results, ETS and creatine) is that your body just becomes accostomed to it, like the product has the potential to lose its effect, not that your body needs it

PhilsterT
04-03-2008, 12:50 AM
I was going to mention that as well...

chris mason
04-03-2008, 06:38 AM
Built, you seem rather obsessed as of late...

In any event, it was late and I answered the question as succinctly as possible. You do not NEED to cycle the product. Would I suggest it? Yes, as you can read in the quotes.

When supplying short answers I focus on the the semantics. He asked if there is a NEED. I answered that specific question. I could have gone on, but I was very tired and wanted to go to bed. I figured I could add more to my answer this morning.

Just_Moe
04-03-2008, 07:08 AM
Built, you seem rather obsessed as of late...

In any event, it was late and I answered the question as succinctly as possible. You do not NEED to cycle the product. Would I suggest it? Yes, as you can read in the quotes.

When supplying short answers I focus on the the semantics. He asked if there is a NEED. I answered that specific question. I could have gone on, but I was very tired and wanted to go to bed. I figured I could add more to my answer this morning.

no such thing as bad publicity, right?

Joe Black
04-03-2008, 07:19 AM
no such thing as bad publicity, right?

Heh, kinda... ;)

But.... I agree with Chris...

I am fine with people questioning things and I have spoken to Chris at length about the way that interaction should occur. But if we feel that certain people are watching and waiting for something to be said that they can try and twist, just to be difficult, we won't tolerate it.

Plus, it just knocks threads off track... Built, please relax a little and try and take a step back from things. Fire me a pm if you need to continue this particular discussion rather than continue it in this thread or we'll just get more off track.

Built
04-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Built,

I've edited your post. Please re-read what I posted above.

PM if you feel the need to discuss the way you are contributing to threads in this forum.

Thanks,

Daniel