PDA

View Full Version : Dead lift 305x15

Chalky Palms
01-02-2009, 10:43 PM
First set of my deadlifts tonight, I only have 305 in weights now so I did 15 reps. Form was a little crappy near the end, and it looks like I need to get my butt down more but other than that, comment away.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3dQPJkVVVc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C3dQPJkVVVc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chris mason
01-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Good work!

coldfire
01-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Good work, but you fail to hold your back in extension every single rep.

Ben Moore
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM

How do you mean?

ZenMonkey
01-03-2009, 09:50 AM
15!! Thats crazy man! Awesome work man, those last few look brutal.

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys.

Not sure what you mean either, I locked out every rep, hyperextending your back is pretty unnecessary.

Pitbull3291
01-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Great work man! and is that System of a down i hear in the background? lol

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 11:43 AM
ha yes it is.

Chris Rodgers
01-03-2009, 12:28 PM
Looked good to me! I have done high rep deads a few times and I know how hard it gets near the end. Your body just shuts down. Good work!

Now get some more weight. :)

coldfire
01-03-2009, 12:39 PM
How do you mean?

Look at his back. It's rounding every rep.

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Looked good to me! I have done high rep deads a few times and I know how hard it gets near the end. Your body just shuts down. Good work!

Now get some more weight. :)

ha thanks bro, I really need to but steel is so damn expensive right now.

Ben Moore
01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Look at his back. It's rounding every rep.

Seriously? Some of the best deadlifters on here have come in to tell him nice work. Don't you find it odd that you're the only one to find fault? I thought it looked great.

Brad08
01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Seriously? Some of the best deadlifters on here have come in to tell him nice work. Don't you find it odd that you're the only one to find fault? I thought it looked great.

He's read/listened to mark rippetoe and thinks that's all there is to say on deadlifting.

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought it looked great.

Thanks, means a lot

coldfire
01-03-2009, 09:52 PM

So you are telling me that his back is not rounded?

BTW, I told him nice work and I think it's nice work. But it doesn't mean I can't say that I see something wrong.

Ben Moore
01-03-2009, 10:06 PM
No I don't think his back is rounded to the point of being dangerous - you're not going to get 15 perfect reps...I don't care who you are.

coldfire
01-03-2009, 10:13 PM
No I don't think his back is rounded to the point of being dangerous - you're not going to get 15 perfect reps...I don't care who you are.

I don't expect 15 reps to be perfect, but it is rounded from the first rep. How do you decide if it's dangerous or not?

Ben Moore
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Did he get hurt? No.

What are your stats by the way? I've seen way worse form from some guys in strongman. You have to realize that people pull differently as well as people will squat differently due to leverages and body types.

WillNoble
01-03-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't expect 15 reps to be perfect, but it is rounded from the first rep. How do you decide if it's dangerous or not?

As Ben previously stated some of THE BEST deadlifters in the world lift rounded back... whats your problem with it?

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 10:25 PM
I didn't really want to throw in my .02 but its my thread, so oh well. Yes, my back is rounded, but I keep it stiff. It decreases my ROM and is more comfortable for me to pull that way. I am not letting th weight round out my back, that would be dangerous. There are different ways to pull.

coldfire
01-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Did he get hurt? No.

What are your stats by the way? I've seen way worse form from some guys in strongman. You have to realize that people pull differently as well as people will squat differently due to leverages and body types.

The fact that he didn't get hurt doesn't mean that this is the way he should pull. I've seen many bad deadlifts and people didn't get hurt.

I know max attempts may look ugly and that no one pulls a maximal weight with perfect form. But you would expect the first reps (at least) in a set of 15 to be perfect.

I don't have any impressive stats. I deadlift in the low 400s so far and I do know that form breaks sometimes.

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Bro, there is a difference between letting the weight round out your back while pulling and keeping a stiff rounded back throughout the pull.

coldfire
01-03-2009, 10:30 PM
As Ben previously stated some of THE BEST deadlifters in the world lift rounded back... whats your problem with it?

I don't have a problem with this. The best deadlifters in the world are strong enough to pull however the hell they want.

Besides, most of them round their back [B]on a maximal attempt[/B,] because their form breaks, not because they want to.

Ben Moore
01-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Their form doesn't break - they pull in the most efficient position for their body type

WillNoble
01-03-2009, 10:38 PM
I don't have a problem with this. The best deadlifters in the world are strong enough to pull however the hell they want.

Besides, most of them round their back [B]on a maximal attempt[/B,] because their form breaks, not because they want to.

Hahaha, you really have no clue do you?

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Their form doesn't break - they pull in the most efficient position for their body type

yep, their form doesn't break, they all set up with a rounded back and it stays that way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GaZXCdVdpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GaZXCdVdpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

coldfire
01-03-2009, 10:46 PM

The only one I know of that pulls with a rounded back on purpose is Konstantinov. And he rounds only his upper back, not lower.

coldfire
01-03-2009, 10:52 PM
yep, their form doesn't break, they all set up with a rounded back and it stays that way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GaZXCdVdpc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3GaZXCdVdpc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So Pudzianowski's form doesn't break here? He pulls with the most efficient way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrw-7Svq-7k

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
lol its called hitching, and is allowed in most strongman type comps.

coldfire
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
lol its called hitching, and is allowed in most strongman type comps.

I know it's allowed. I bet he doesn't pull 135lbs the same way.

Chalky Palms
01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
lol obviously, I wouldn't consider that breaking form, it is a technique to help him get the weight up, it isn't allowed in pl'ing comps and I guarantee you wouldn't see him doing it if he was in one.

Notorious
01-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Jeez, why are you people catching feelings over some constructive criticism? If you don't agree with it, then just don't listen.

Nice pulling!

Brad08
01-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Hahaha, you really have no clue do you?

Like I said, let's give him some education BEYOND what he read from Mark Rippetoe (who's training is limited SOLELY to beginners):

Vince Anello:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_G_GwCiY6Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_G_GwCiY6Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bob Peoples (700+ @ 189)

http://www.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/0/802421.1130708967153.bob_peoples2-02.jpg

coldfire
01-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Like I said, let's give him some education BEYOND what he read from Mark Rippetoe (who's training is limited SOLELY to beginners):

Vince Anello:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_G_GwCiY6Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I_G_GwCiY6Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bob Peoples (700+ @ 189)

http://www.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/0/802421.1130708967153.bob_peoples2-02.jpg

How do you know that my education comes from Mark Rippetoe alone? I've read more than you think.

Showing me deadlifts from the front is not very useful. And like I said, max attempts don't look the same way lighter attempts look.

Show me someone who starts every single pull with a rounded lower back.

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 09:43 AM
How do you know that my education comes from Mark Rippetoe alone? I've read more than you think.

Showing me deadlifts from the front is not very useful. And like I said, max attempts don't look the same way lighter attempts look.

lets see some of your video kid

That being said, are you saying that if your form falters whatsoever that the lift is irrelevant, and if not that then why the hell are you bitchin?

Ben Moore
01-04-2009, 10:24 AM
So Pudzianowski's form doesn't break here? He pulls with the most efficient way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrw-7Svq-7k

Again - that is strongman - not pl'ing. Hitching is accepted and almost needed if you're going to excel.

Ben Moore
01-04-2009, 10:29 AM
Jeez, why are you people catching feelings over some constructive criticism? If you don't agree with it, then just don't listen.

Nice pulling!

Mainly because I'm tired of people that don't have a clue what they're talking about passing their judgement off as gospel.

Chris Rodgers
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM

That's how I roll:

Lighter weight/higher reps raw:

hgKNVeJ8rQs

Heavy single in gear:

dob7vsJUk2g

I think my back starts in the same position on both sets. Different leverages, different folks. Different strengths, different strokes. The world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, might not be right for some.... Anyone? :)

coldfire
01-04-2009, 11:52 AM
lets see some of your video kid

That being said, are you saying that if your form falters whatsoever that the lift is irrelevant, and if not that then why the hell are you bitchin?

Where did I say it makes the lift irrelevant? Every lift counts. But really, don't you think that at least the first few reps of a 15rep set should be with good form and without lower back rounding? Or do you consider lower back rounding as good form?

lenny spero
01-04-2009, 11:54 AM
the arguments about deadlift form will allways exist..if you deadlift alot whatever your doing must be working for you..
with diffrent body types your going to get alot of diffrent ways to pull..if the weight gets off the floor and to lockout-- whatever works..

lenny spero
01-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Where did I say it makes the lift irrelevant? Every lift counts. But really, don't you think that at least the first few reps of a 15rep set should be with good form and without lower back rounding? Or do you consider lower back rounding as good form?

do i round my lower back,,,please view some of my lifting video's from my signature..i'd like to hear your insite on my deadlift form.

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 12:00 PM

What does it matter, I think that is what every one is getting at, he is still getting the work in, its still a PR, the exercise is still effective...

WHAT

DOES

IT

F**KING

MATTER?!?

coldfire
01-04-2009, 12:14 PM
What does it matter, I think that is what every one is getting at, he is still getting the work in, its still a PR, the exercise is still effective...

WHAT

DOES

IT

F**KING

MATTER?!?

It matters only because of safety. Nothing else. It's still effective. It is still a PR and he still gets his work done.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
do i round my lower back,,,please view some of my lifting video's from my signature..i'd like to hear your insite on my deadlift form.

I would never critique someone who is much stronger than me. Your lower back looks fine from that angle :)

DGabe24
01-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Good set, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing high rep DL sets. . . you're playing with fire imo.

lenny spero
01-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Good set, but I wouldn't make a habit of doing high rep DL sets. . . you're playing with fire imo.

really why?

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
It matters only because of safety. Nothing else. It's still effective. It is still a PR and he still gets his work done.

If you are looking for safety you picked the wrong sport...

Try chess, I hear that's relatively safe.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 01:07 PM
If you are looking for safety you picked the wrong sport...

Try chess, I hear that's relatively safe.

Ok. Then why bother teaching people proper form? Let every body squat, deadlift and press the way they feel like. Wouldn't it work better?

Chalky Palms
01-04-2009, 01:31 PM
damnit, I appreciate your concern for my safety, but the thing is I have pulled like that for over a year now and I never even have back pain after my sets. I never let the weight round out my back, it starts somewhat rounded and stays like that, this is no more dangerous then lifting with a straight back. Stop nitpicking.

Brad08
01-04-2009, 01:32 PM
There's "textbook" form. There's "total ****ing moron n00b" form. And then there's "I've been lifting a long time and I know how to lift" form.

Can you guess which one needs correcting??

coldfire
01-04-2009, 01:37 PM
There's "textbook" form. There's "total ****ing moron n00b" form. And then there's "I've been lifting a long time and I know how to lift" form.

Can you guess which one needs correcting??

Yes, I can tell the difference. I just don't think that "I've been lifting a long time and I know how to lift" is the case here, but whatever...

Chalky Palms
01-04-2009, 02:38 PM
lol so you are saying I don't know how to lift? I'm very close to pulling 5 plates right now, I think I have a clue what I'm doing.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 02:50 PM
lol so you are saying I don't know how to lift? I'm very close to pulling 5 plates right now, I think I have a clue what I'm doing.

ֳNo, I'm not saying you don't know how to lift. I'm saying that I don't think it's good for you to lift the way you do. But you are free to lift any way you like.

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 02:51 PM
ֳNo, I'm not saying you don't know how to lift. I'm saying that I don't think it's good for you to lift the way you do. But you are free to lift any way you like.

then why are you commenting?

coldfire
01-04-2009, 02:53 PM
then why are you commenting?

Why do you care?

When people post a video of their lifts they usually expect COMMENTS. I'm free to say my opinion. He doesn't have to accept it.

OGROK
01-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Why do you care?
blah blah Mark Rippetoe says deadlift like this blah blah

Jesus Christ you are clueless, take your Mark Rippetoe BS somewhere else. People ask me why I hate Rippetoe so much, this is why -- everyone who reads his stuff thinks they know everything but it's just for beginners. Not everyone is a beginner. Tons of people who are much stronger than you are telling you that you are wrong, just stop posting.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Jesus Christ you are clueless, take your Mark Rippetoe bull**** somewhere else. Not everyone is a beginner. Tons of people who are much much stronger than you are telling you that you are wrong, just stop posting.

ֳNo, you take your stupid ass somewhere else. No one was talking to you. What the hell does this have to do with Mark Rippetoe?

OGROK
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
What the hell does this have to do with Mark Rippetoe?

Errr nothing except for the fact that you were quoting Rippetoe and telling a powerlifter that he is deadlifting wrong because he "failed to hold his back in extension".

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Why do you care?

When people post a video of their lifts they usually expect COMMENTS. I'm free to say my opinion. He doesn't have to accept it.

then quit whining when YOUR opinion is disagreed with by the MAJORITY if the posters in this thread.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 03:02 PM
then quit whining when YOUR opinion is disagreed with by the MAJORITY if the posters in this thread.

Where was I whining?

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
every post that you bitch about form, we are still waiting for vids and stats from you btw

coldfire
01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Errr nothing except for the fact that you were quoting Rippetoe and telling a powerlifter that he is deadlifting wrong because he "failed to hold his back in extension".

Riiiight. Because Rippetoe invented deadlifting with the back in extension, right?

And he is not a powerlifter. You are not a powerlifter until you compete, ok? Go away.

Dkalban
01-04-2009, 03:05 PM
How about we all stop playing "who's got the bigger e-penis" and end this pointless internet debate and get back to critiquing his DL, which coldfire was, in his way and according to his knowledge, was doing.

Hate to play Devil's Advocate but you guys are starting to get on my, and many others, nerves.

coldfire
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
every post that you bitch about form, we are still waiting for vids and stats from you btw

I don't bitch about form. I just said what I think. The majority of the posters here are bitching about my post.

I don't have vids. I already stated that I have no impressive stats. I pulled in the lower 400s and squatted 370lbs. Nothing special, but enough to comment on someone who has nearly the same stats.

Ben Moore
01-04-2009, 03:42 PM
How about we all stop playing "who's got the bigger e-penis" and end this pointless internet debate and get back to critiquing his DL, which coldfire was, in his way and according to his knowledge, was doing.

Hate to play Devil's Advocate but you guys are starting to get on my, and many others, nerves.

D no offense here bud but stay out of the way. The original poster is involved in the thread still and it seems mr coldfire wants to keep the debate going. I've trained alongside some of the best deadlifters in the country. Ill stay here and debate him all day

Dkalban
01-04-2009, 03:44 PM
D no offense here bud but stay out of the way. The original poster is involved in the thread still and it seems mr coldfire wants to keep the debate going. I've trained alongside some of the best deadlifters in the country. Ill stay here and debate him all day

roger, just try to keep it somewhat civil, my head is killing me, and its not from the glare of my laptop

Chalky Palms
01-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I think my back starts in the same position on both sets. Different leverages, different folks. Different strengths, different strokes. The world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, might not be right for some.... Anyone? :)

Haha, I just saw this, good stuff.

WillNoble
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
roger, just try to keep it somewhat civil, my head is killing me, and its not from the glare of my laptop

shouldnt you be eating or lifting Daniel?

Dkalban
01-04-2009, 04:04 PM
shouldnt you be eating or lifting Daniel?

Lifting is tommorow
I just ate a pear, and I ate a turkey sandwich 3 hrs ago.

Notorious
01-04-2009, 04:46 PM

So you're saying that there aren't strong people who deadlift how Mark Rippetoe advises?

Jesus Christ you are clueless, take your Mark Rippetoe BS somewhere else. People ask me why I hate Rippetoe so much, this is why -- everyone who reads his stuff thinks they know everything but it's just for beginners. Not everyone is a beginner. Tons of people who are much stronger than you are telling you that you are wrong, just stop posting.

He told the OP that he isn't arching his back. How the **** is that "Rippetoe BS"? Sure, Rippetoe does say that, but he sure as hell isn't the only one. I don't understand how everyone assumes that coldfire is some huge Rippetoe stan.

Notorious
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM

Are you ****ing kidding me? How is that a Rippetoe specific quote?

And he didn't say the OP was wrong, he was just pointing it out.

KarstenDD
01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm latefa* right now but there really isn't anything wrong with those pulls. OP is obviously not maxing out and he does a pretty good job of starting from the same position every time. Personally I would suggest OP start with his hips lower but this was a 15 rep set were talking about here.

KarstenDD
01-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh and coldfire I have a piece of advice for you. An hero.

Jorge Sanchez
01-04-2009, 05:07 PM
OK guys, everyone has made their opinion known. Please keep your posts on topic - and that doesn't include personal insults and who loves and hates Rip - or this thread will be locked.

Jorge Sanchez
01-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh yeah, and nice lift CP. A 15 rep set must be draining as hell. Get some more weight and bang out a sweet new PR.

Chalky Palms
01-04-2009, 05:18 PM
The point is like people already pointed out, I'm not maxing out with this weight, so obviously the weight is not rounding me out. That is my most effective pulling position. It isn't like I started with a straight back and the weight was so heavy that it rounded me out. That would be another story.

Chalky Palms
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah, and nice lift CP. A 15 rep set must be draining as hell. Get some more weight and bang out a sweet new PR.

Thanks man I really need to find a new gym since I canceled my memb. at my old one when they told me to stop deadlifting. As soon as I find a cheap deal on 200lbs of steel (rhyme intended) I'm gonna pull 5 hundo, craigslist hasn't helped as of yet.

brihead301
01-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, this thread really blew up since the last time I saw it.

I honestly thought that not rounding your back during a deadlift was common sense. I really never knew that there was really anything to debate about this.

I have heard of "rounded back SLDL's" before, but I don't believe that's what the OP was trying to do. I think that the advice to keep the back in extension was some pretty solid advice as far as injury prevention is concerned.

Chalky Palms
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
bri, it does not really matter as much as you think , especially if you look at the way I'm lifting, this was not heavy weight for me (almost 200 under my max). I've already said this many times in this thread but my back stays rounded from beginning to end, and I kept it stiff in this position. If the weight was heavy and I started with a straight back and it rounded me out then that is what is called breaking form and can be dangerous, that isn't the case here though.

coldfire
01-05-2009, 02:04 PM
bri, it does not really matter as much as you think , especially if you look at the way I'm lifting, this was not heavy weight for me (almost 200 under my max). I've already said this many times in this thread but my back stays rounded from beginning to end, and I kept it stiff in this position. If the weight was heavy and I started with a straight back and it rounded me out then that is what is called breaking form and can be dangerous, that isn't the case here though.

I don't understand why you think that starting with a rounded lower back is just as safe and more efficient.

Chalky Palms
01-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't understand why you think that starting with a rounded lower back is just as safe and more efficient.

Any muscle that gets forced to contract or extend when its intention is to stay stiff will usually cause injury, such as somebody who bends theyre arms while deadlifting and lets 500lbs straighten them out, that would surely do some damage. It is the same with the spinal column, my back does not get forced into rounding more than it is, so in an essence my back does not move. Show me how injury can take place to a muscle or alignment of bones where no movement is occurring. In this sense it is just as safe, and yes to me it is more efficient, or else I wouldn't lift like that.

DGabe24
01-05-2009, 02:38 PM
really why?

Deadlifting for high reps is dangerous...because unlike other exercises where failure can easily be corrected with a spotter or a dumb..when you deadlift you're lower back is the first thing to go. So as you near failure, you're form is the first thing to go and this can be very dangerous, high rep sets are fun to mentally challenge yourself, but in the long run not worth it imo.

Chalky Palms
01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Heres a new video, heavier weight, straighter back so nobody whines.

only bought 20 more lbs of plates so 325 is all of them.

325x13
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHiDU0wsUMw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZHiDU0wsUMw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is a picture of the plates, you can't see em that well in the vid:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2584/image080yl5.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image080yl5.jpg)

and the sign of good pulling:
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2991/legyz7.jpg (http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=legyz7.jpg)

Fuzzy
01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice effort, but you have absolutely no tightness in the back, get the chest up and arch the back in.

And nice warrior marks to.

Chalky Palms
01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
thats how me likes to pull

Chris Rodgers
01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Nice effort, but you have absolutely no tightness in the back, get the chest up and arch the back in.

And nice warrior marks to.

He wasn't doing a snatch or clean. His position was fine. If his chest gets any higher he will be squatting below parallel. Not an efficient deadlift position.

Brad08
01-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Looks good but your back isn't kept in full extension.

LOL

coldfire
01-07-2009, 07:28 AM

LOL

Funny guy.

Chalky Palms
01-07-2009, 07:29 AM

LOL

LOL thanks rip

WillNoble
01-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Funny guy.

Yes, yes he is

I LoL'ed a little bit

Mad Max
01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Nice work Long Socks. Looks like an Al Qaida hideout, you're not going to be declaring a holy war on the West in your next vid are you?

Chalky Palms
01-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice work Long Socks. Looks like an Al Qaida hideout, you're not going to be declaring a holy war on the West in your next vid are you?

thank you, and nice interpretation of my basement.

MVP
01-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I honestly don't see why people have to gang up on coldfire he gave his opinion and then he gets attacked which is not fair. It's also wrong to put him down for reading Mark Rippetoes book, Rippetoe is one of the greatest strength coaches in the world for a reason, ya know?

Chalky_Palms:- vids looked good bro, you have some significant strength.

coldfire
01-12-2009, 01:22 AM
I still don't understand what's the connection with Rippetoe. Is he the only one who says you should have your back in extension while deadlifting?

MVP
01-12-2009, 01:25 AM
I still don't understand what's the connection with Rippetoe. Is he the only one who says you should have your back in extension while deadlifting?

Just don't worry about it man. You know your stuff when it comes to bodybuilding / powerlifting, thousands of people like myself have gained mass by listening to Rippetoes advice.

Getting attacked is just part of forums I guess, I disagree with the 5 on 1 attacks like that.

RonnyB
02-16-2009, 07:11 AM
Just for the record, i don't see the big deal about the rounded back at all.... if anything he's making the lift harder than it has to be by using too much back and not enough legs (as he already acknowledged), Very impressive set.

Brian C
02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
I think it looks great. Good job chalk.

Chalky Palms
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks man.