PDA

View Full Version : Is it bad if....

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 06:31 PM
Is it bad if ur dieting and u do good for a while then one day u do pretty bad but i plan on doing really good again after today do u guys think ill gain. Usally i have an under 800 calorie a day diet and today i totally blew it by having like 2000-2500 :cry: Will i gain weight? Im worried, i plan on doing really good again from tommorow on ,but i just had a bad eating day u know. When i weigh myself on mopnday will i see a diffrence from when i weighed myself on friday? If i do good tommrow (Sunday)
Thanks

-Justin

P.S. Diets SUCK!tuttut

The_Chicken_Daddy
04-13-2002, 06:35 PM
You eat under 800 calories?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCC
04-13-2002, 06:37 PM
Do you weigh 70 pounds?

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 06:37 PM
Im in hyper mode with my diet but once i loose the weight ill go on a normal persons diet. U know summers coming up so i wanna look good. :Smile:

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 06:43 PM
BTW 172 lbs my goal is 160 Lbs. :-)

BCC
04-13-2002, 06:50 PM
A severe calorie deficit like such is NOT the way to look good for summer.

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 06:54 PM
Huh? My diet is working fine. Ill eat a nutergrain bar for lunch and a Chunky soup usally with some meat for protein, Look i know alot of people sont agree with it but im doing really good and i seem to have the self dicipline to up hold it. I weight 200 lbs in september i weigh 172 now< N e wayz is it bad to have a server cheating day?

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Im sorry for all the stupid spelling mistakes :-P Lol and i had the disipline till 2day when i got stuck selling hot dogs at a charity event:-)

unev_en
04-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Umm...800 calories per day will inevitably do the following things:

1) Result in SEVERE muscle catabolism.

2) Result in a drastic decrease in your resting metabolic rate.

3) Result in the storage of portions of your meager caloric intake in the form of fat for later use.

Quite simply, your body currently believes it is starving, and is therefore taking adapting measures to compensate for the fact. Such a drastic diet will place dangerous loads upon your kidneys as well as your immune system. You WILL lose muscle. You WILL stop losing weight quickly as your body adapts to the low caloric intake by decreasing its metabolism. You WILL store fat both now and when you resume eating normally.

Anorexics have died consuming more calories per day than that. Please. Stop. Now.

Maki Riddington
04-13-2002, 07:20 PM
Please stop this insanity.

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Suggestion???? Listen im in school from 7 to 5 i dont eat breakfast not b/c the diet but b/c im not a breakfest person but, But what should i eat for lunch not the crap they serve in school? How about a tuna sandich for lunch every day with NO MAYO and if im on a low calarie diet what is low calories????? Its hard !! Im so sick and tired of having this damn gut... I think i just want it to go away fats but of course i dun want to risk injury plus im lifitning 4 days a week so i dont want to hurt my gains. But things have been going fine i dont get it,,,

Footballguy
04-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Fast*(after i just want it to go away)

rookiebldr
04-13-2002, 10:37 PM
Eat 6-7 small meals a day - 2000cals (although you may have to work up to this) and raise your metabolism so that you have energy for the workouts and you'll burn the fat off. Eat your breakfast, it really is the best meal of the day since it gets you metabolism going for the day. :thumbup:

Silverback
04-14-2002, 02:07 AM
No offense mate but your training will be bringing very little benefit if you want large muscles, cos your not eating enough remember your brain, lungs + other organs require a certain amount of energy

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 06:01 AM
I dont get it ow am i supposed to eat 6-7 small meals a day? Im in school we only have one lunch hour, And how am i going to loose weight if im haveing 2000 calories a day? Will i burn the meals off or something? Whats an example of a small meal?

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 07:30 AM
Guys if this is a serious as u say i need those questions answered.

unev_en
04-14-2002, 08:22 AM
I dont get it ow am i supposed to eat 6-7 small meals a day? Im in school we only have one lunch hour

Cook the night before. Eat in class. Between class. It doesn't matter. Just eat.

There are quite a few diets posted here; if you search, I'm sure you'll be abl eto find the examples you need.

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 08:33 AM
What should i search?

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 08:45 AM
ok i found some stuff. A power bar acts as a meal right. And whats the minum calories and fat i should have to be considered a meal, Im a little sceptical this will really help me loose weight? Will a nutregrain bar count as a meal? Im gonna try this but im still sceptical i wanna loose 10-20 pounds bye the end of june on this meal plan is that possible?

-Justin

IceRgrrl
04-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Dude, I'm a 150 lb. athletic female and I am losing fat on 2000 cals/day...you should be able to drop body fat on that or more. 800 cals/day is a starvation diet! Like others have pointed out, it's gonna backfire on you in the long run.

You can make PB&J sandwiches and wolf them down between classes...bring some protein bars in your backpack, eat a good breakfast before school, a good dinner after school and even something before you go to bed.

You can lose the weight fast and lose muscle and your metabolism along with it, or you can do it smart...moderate and steady cutting that will give you results, energy for workouts, and a good idea of what you need to do to maintain your weight long-term.

Reinier
04-14-2002, 10:10 AM
800 cals a day is like for a squarrel (spell check)

Beelzebubba
04-14-2002, 12:20 PM
Dude what you are doing to your bod is nasty, I speak from experience. I've been overweight all my life and in high school my doctor put me on a sub 1000 cal diet. It worked, I lost a pile of weight... mostly all the muscle I had built up playing sports and working out. I also found out how incrediblely adaptable the human body is, if you starve it long enough it expects to be malnurished and when you do start to eat more it stores fat like mad to prepare for the next round of abuse. It's a nasty cycle that has taken me a long time to break. You're young, workout and eat like horse, you're in the prime for building a strong healthy body. Like other people have said eat between classes or in class, if there's a problem with this at your school go to your doctor and tell him to write you a note explaining that you need to eat often for dietary reasons. If he won't find a doc with a good background in nutrition, I wish I had.

rookiebldr
04-14-2002, 02:31 PM
I used to skip breakfast as well, late night sugar meals, didn't exercise and was 28% BF. In 10 weeks I went down to 20%bf losing 10 lbs., I change my metabolism by switching to 1900-2200 cals per day, religiously eat 6 meals a day, 4 wo per week with cardio on off days. I aways made sure that I got protein and carbs in with every meal. My aim was to get 20-30g protein, 200-300cals with the snacks and 300-400 for breakfast, lunch and dinners.

I work and have lots of meetings to attend, people got use to me bringing my protein bars to the meetings or just eating between them. I've gotten alot smarter about it over the year and now I can sub. lots of other items as I go. I've also made lots of mistakes about my diet but I continue to eat 6 meals a day to fuel the body. It's the steady food intake that tells your body not to store the food but to burn it since it knows that food is coming again very soon.

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 04:05 PM
So i will loose weight? Lol thats the main focous i want to loose weight. Even like an apple or something is goos? And when im having these 6 meals should they all be the same or should i eat 3 regular meals and 3 healthy snack type things. I figured it out if i do this diet i need to have a "meal" every 2 and half hours. Im still sceptical i will loose weight right. Guys this sint that serious im not that obese i just want to shed of 20 - 25 pounds by like june.

Budiak
04-14-2002, 05:15 PM
The Nazis fed their prisoners more than that.

Seriously. One meal is this:

A bowl of oatmeal made with milk
A tuna sandwich, half a tablespoon of mayo, on wheat bread
Chicken breast sandwich on wheat
A pint of milk and a banana
MRP- such as myoplex
Protein bar

NOT nutrigrain, which is mostly sugar anyways, adn contains little protein and vitamins.

Eat between classes. You have passing periods, correct? Use them to eat. Eat in the halls, the bathroom, etc. Eat when you can. Every other passing period, eat.
EAT BREAKFAST.

The reason you WILL lose fat (note- FAT loss) is because your metabolism will get all of these small meals and then kick itself into high gear because: A- it has food to burn, so starts metabolising with reckless abandon, and B- your body gets the minimum nutrients is needs so it can function properly and efficiently, causing more fat burn and energy gain.

What is your body fat percentage? I can guarantee you, as a former victim of this type of diet, that your weight will go down but for some reason...you've still got that gut. Its because yes, you are losing fat, but you are also losing muscle. It doesnt matter if you are lifting or not, with taht diet you area putting an immense strain on your body and your muscles. You can get injured, get sick, or worse.

If you want to lose weight, hang out with mre for a while. I'll get some zombies to chew that fat right off your ass, no time flat. Of course if being eaten alive by the walking dead isnt something you'd be interested in, then, well, good luck.

Footballguy
04-14-2002, 06:24 PM
ok guys i have a set breakfast at 630 and a set lunch at 1130 and dinner whenerver can u guys help me figure out sometimes when i sould space out my 6 meals. So remeber 630 breakfast,1130 lunch u guys help me figure out the rest please. like a schedule then iill be set for tommorow

rookiebldr
04-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Simple:

6:30, 9:00, 11:30, 2:30, 6:00, 9:30 then off to bed. You may need room to fit in your workout sometime, if so then space out the meals to fit in the workout.

Read the labels on the bars. Most of quick energy bars have high carbs (in the form of sugar) and not much protein.

Shamik
04-15-2002, 06:38 AM
You're getting some really good advice from all of these people. 6-7 meals a day is exactly right. Remember, although sometimes costly, there are plenty of meal replacement items like bars or shakes. I'm know that no one likes to be told that his or her program isn't good, but you could seriously mess up your body if you continue the the route that you're on. If you want a suggestion, even though it's still probably not the best diet in the world, you could try this:
Breakfast- 4 egg whites, 1c Oatmeal
Snack 1 (about 9am) Protein Shake
Lunch (11-12 o'clock)
6oz chicken breast or tuna with brown rice or a sweet potato
Snack 2 (2pm) Protein Bar
Snack 3 (3pm) Protein Shake
Workout
Dinner-Again, some kind of lean, high-protein meat like chicken or fish. Even steak. And eat a green veggie with it. Like green bean or broccoli. Then have another protein shake before you go to bed.
Like I said, this may not be the best diet, but from the third week of December, to the last week of February, I went from 215lbs to 190lbs, and I'm solid now. I was putting on muscle mass at the same time as the fat loss, so I technically probably lost more weight from fat than what the scale shows. I'd like to see some responses on the diet I just posted, too.

Beelzebubba
04-15-2002, 09:39 AM
If you don't like to eat breakfeast try drinking it:

1 Large Banana
1/2 cup OJ
1/2 cup skim milk
2 TBS wheatgerm
1 Tsp Safflower oil
1 scoop whey protien

Throw it all in a blender and start it up. It's about 400 cals with about 15% from fat.

Kromax
04-15-2002, 12:50 PM
800 Calories; Wannabebig.com.

Am I missing something?

Perhaps you want wannashrinkmymusclesandpunishmybody.com.

Footballguy
04-15-2002, 04:54 PM
ummm.... No lol look everyone is not a diet wiz kropmax. And ive set it up nice p[lus i got my coach helping me. Wat do u think of todays diet plan.

6:30 Multigrain ceral 1 c plus 1 c milk

9:00 Nutregrain ( low resources today ill replace that )

2:10 Protein Bar

5:30 Health smoothy (milk &bannana) 20 oz or so

7:30 Dinner some kinda of meat maybe tunna still havent eatin yet.

I heard that some weightliftiers even go to the extreme of setting their alarm in the middle of the night but ill stick with my regular diet i have above for now. What do u guys think?

Footballguy
04-15-2002, 04:55 PM
Shoot forgot to mention 11:30 lunch - ham sandwich wth lettuce

jell999
04-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Dont bother waking up in the middle of the night...
You need the sleep more than you need the food.
Just make sure you get some protein first thing when you wake up.

Footballguy
04-15-2002, 06:48 PM
OK for dinner i had some grilled cobpsie and two small cans of tunna wich equals 160 calories and 30 grms of porotein/ Im confused about something... How much can ur metabliosm actually digest bettween my meals. Im scared the calories and fat are going to build up and ill wind up gaining weight. How long b4 i might start seeing results(weight wise) from this diet so i know weather or not im doin it right.

Footballguy
04-15-2002, 06:49 PM
o rise two bout 2 cups

Footballguy
04-15-2002, 06:49 PM
o rice two bout 2 cups

Behemoth
04-15-2002, 07:17 PM
If you stay CONSISTENTLY on your diet for even a week you'll begin seeing some results, probably about a pound lighter, and a tad less body fat on already fairly trim areas (face, shoulders, etc). I'm also on a cutting diet and have noticed results within the first week like I stated, not long after I CAN actually notice my gut slowly being trimmed, but the most important part is consistensy, which is what I struggle with the most.

heathj
04-15-2002, 07:37 PM
I eat in the morning, after I workout, during lunch(at school), after school, and then 3 more times..not too hard.

unev_en
04-15-2002, 08:52 PM
. Im scared the calories and fat are going to build up and ill wind up gaining weight.

Anyone else see what I'm seeing?

rookiebldr
04-16-2002, 12:08 AM
Yep!

Footballguy
04-16-2002, 04:15 AM
Umm. i dont (explain)

LiftAgain
04-16-2002, 06:43 AM
http://www.edreferral.com/anorexia_nervosa.htm :study:

Podium Kreatin
04-16-2002, 07:05 AM
800 calories is less than ur basal metabolism (it's 800 for a 1600 cal diet... for a woman! men have higher bmr's than women), either u are counting ur cals wrong, or ur overexaggerating.

firstly, one mistake; cal reduction doesn't equal weight loss. when ur body is in starvation mode, it releases anabolic hormones, which include fat building especially. when u starve urself, u do lose weight, but in a netlloss of muscle, netgain of FAT. (ur bodyfat will go UP even if u are losing weight)
secondly, ur metabolism will SLOW DOWN a lot, one soda during this diet, and BOOM, fat gain explosion.
thirdly, remember quality vs quantity. lower ur carbs, adn even if u eat 3000cals, u can still lose fat while not losing muscle

I SERIOUSLY HOPE U ARE CONSIDERING THIS, OR U WILL MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID WHEN I WAS MAKING WEIGHT FOR WRESTLING. DO NOT REPEAT MY MISTAKES, I HATE IT WHEN PPL STARVE THEMSELVES. it's not smart, and it'll mess u up

gino
04-16-2002, 11:09 AM
I have my mother on a cutting diet for her next contest. She eats every 3 hours, for a total of about 1600-1800 calories a day. She weighs 100 lbs and is at 8% bodyfat right now.

If I were you, I'd work my way up to 2000 calories and track your progress, like others said. High meal frequency will jump start your metabolism and help you hang onto muscle. Give it some time, but for the love of god and everything sacred, stop your death diet. With that diet, you could get down to 120 lbs and still have a gut.

Footballguy
04-16-2002, 03:23 PM
lol im not anerexix and iv been doin ur 6 meals a day diet and its pretty easy im not even hungry now most of the day.. Thanks for all ur help ill keep u guys updated. As of now i weigh 172 when i loose some ill tell u. :-) Thanks

Footballguy
04-16-2002, 03:26 PM
yo liftgain i quote the site....
Individuals with anorexia nervosa are unwilling or unable to maintain a body weight that is normal or expectable for their age and height (most clinicians use 85% of normal weight as a guide). Individuals with anorexia nervosa typically display a pronounced fear of weight gain and a dread of becoming fat although they are dramatically underweight. Concerns and perceptions about their weight have a extremely powerful influence and impact on their self-evaluation. The seriousness of the weight loss and its physical effects is minimized or denied....

Maybe i wanna loose weight but im not skinny or below averagwe or even average for that matter so umm im not defined as anerexic according to that site. Thanks for the thought i guess

IceRgrrl
04-16-2002, 03:31 PM
I think people are referring to the fact that you show signs of disordered eating, which can lead to other more serious problems.

And I agree...the fact that you have been starving yourself and are so afraid that if you eat like a normal human being you will "get fat" shows that something is not right.

Please talk to your coach or your doctor or someone you trust...people here are concerned about you.

Footballguy
04-16-2002, 04:06 PM
PEOPLE IM NOT ANOREXIC I JUST WANTED TO LOOSE WEIGHT SO I LOOK GOOD IN SUMMER TIME. I DIDNT KNOW THE DIET WAS BAD ENOUGH TO KILL ME. LOOK I TOOK U GUYS ADVICE AND IM DOING THE 6 MEALS A DAY. IF ANYONE ELSE CALLS ME ANOREXIC IM GOING TO GO HOSTILE ON THEIR ASSES. GOT ME! LoL j/k but please everyone makes mistakes the center of my life is not losing weight, im doing what u guys have recomened and we will see what happens from here on. :-) Btw thanks for not calling me ANOREXIC!

-Justin

Jane
04-16-2002, 04:22 PM
It's ok. Sometimes we think we are doing something to better our health, but it winds up going in the wrong direction without us realizing it. You have just accumulated some really wrong, very misguided notions. The best thing to do is to learn, learn, and learn some more. If your true goal is to be healthy and look good, that's perfectly possible, just take some time and get the facts straight. If enough people are speaking up, it's obvious that something is wrong. I'm not going to call you anything, but I am going to tell you that a lot of the choices you've been making are not going to get you the results you want, not one bit. So if I were you, I'd read up on health and nutrition, instead of focusing on looking good for summer. You're not going to get a good body if you don't treat your body right.

Footballguy
04-16-2002, 04:41 PM
Well dont u think im doing the right thing by following most of these good opinions im getting here. I sure do. Thanks for the support guyz

WillyTheGreat
04-17-2002, 02:23 AM
I think I got more info. in this one thread than I have asking a number of people on how I can get to where I want to be. Hey man, you better keep us posted cuz I wanna know how this thing works out. I think I'll be starting this 6-meal-a-day thing.

One question, are there any alternatives to the protein shakes and bars? Even if there are, can you give some suggestions FOR some protein shakes and bars? Especially ones that don't use synthetic substances. Thank you.

MY FIRST POST!!!

Footballguy
04-17-2002, 01:35 PM
Wait for a meal or for lifting?
Shakes and bars are great cause it gives u alot of protein and stuff u need for lifting. But u can also eat meats that will give u the same thing and other foods. Like for protein in the morning i eat eggs. Penubutter is a good source of protein and that other stuff lol. As one of my meals ill eat some penut butter on bread and like 20 ozs of milk. that counts as one of my meals. Ill tell u i dunno if i lost any weight yet but i never feel hungery any more and i havent ever searched through my cabnit for any junk food b/c i already had a nutrious meals and i know its not long b4 my next. So far so good i hope it works too ill definitly keep u updated.

-justin

Behemoth
04-17-2002, 03:38 PM
I hear ants are high in protein, used to know a kid that ate em like chocolate (sick)

Footballguy
04-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Lol i hope ur kiddne cause ur gonna make me go out and scoop spme up :-P

Footballguy
04-18-2002, 06:21 PM
Hey willy the great im down to 169 one pound so far and its ccoming along too so ill keep u posted.

-Justin