PDA

View Full Version : multiple programs/methods for training.

djenkins76
07-28-2009, 01:32 PM
Is it crazy to run two different programs, a guy who works out with me does the following. For his heavy bench day he'll run metal militia but then he'll do everything else westside method(ei de bench, and de,me squats/deads) Is this a crazy way to train or smart? Thanks guys

djenkins76
07-28-2009, 03:02 PM
33 visitors and no body has answered. Just as confused as me huh. lol.

Jesse Hernandez
07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
I dont think its crazy, keeps your muscles guessing. Which is what builds muscle/strength. My workout revolves around ME/Failure, it works for me. I dont see a problem taking the best from one workout and then adding it to the best of another, but hey I probly dont know ****.

djenkins76
07-28-2009, 03:08 PM
yeah thats what i figured taking two of the best programs and making them one. Its smart. Maybe ill give it a try in a few weeks

Jesse Hernandez
07-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Just my opinion, it may not work, but it would seem as if it would.

Pete22
07-28-2009, 03:26 PM
It may work, it may not. But the thing is, it's no longer Westside or MM or whatever else program you're running, it's some hybrid you invented. For a program to work, you have to believe in it and dedicate yourself to it; I suggest you pick a method and stick with it for a while before you start combining and altering. Just my opinion.

slashkills
07-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I think doing a metal militia bench and westide squat/dead combo would be fine. As long as you stick with just metal militia for bench and just west side for squat/deads and arent switching them up you should be fine.

Sidior
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
All programs are just some variation of lift heavy things, rest and repeat. Stop over thinking ****. If you like a particular aspect of a program and it helped you, incorporate that into your training. Toss what did not work.

Jesse Hernandez
07-28-2009, 05:12 PM
All programs are just some variation of lift heavy things, rest and repeat. Stop over thinking ****. If you like a particular aspect of a program and it helped you, incorporate that into your training. Toss what did not work.

I like this attitude!

bluelew
07-28-2009, 05:14 PM
Crazy is doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results. If it works keep doing it until it doesn't.

Jesse Hernandez
07-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Crazy is doing the same thing year after year and expecting different results. If it works keep doing it until it doesn't.

You almost had it right.

Its "Insanity" = doing the same thing, but expecting different results.

bluelew
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
I changed it to match the opening line in the thread- i thought crazy and insanity were close enough to interchange :)

Sensei
07-28-2009, 07:28 PM
MM for bench, WS for squat/DL - sounds pretty good to me. I've done it before and found that the bench days were slaughtering me. If I could have followed it longer, I think I would have acclimated to the workload, but it was tough, tough going.

robchris
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
dj76,

The old sayin' is "everything works, nothing works forever". Change up before you plateau... I agree w/Sensei, MM is a killer w/ a lot of volume! You better invest in some good elbow sleeves!

Have you tried the 5/3/1? Great routine!