PDA

View Full Version : Deadlifts - 430x8

berfles
10-10-2009, 03:55 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/th_deadlift435.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/?action=view&current=deadlift435.flv)

I tried to start with my hips a bit higher so I didn't raise my ass up first, though it still does a little bit. Much less than my other videos I think. I'm aware I probably don't lean back quite far enough for the lockout. I probably had 10 in my but my traps started cramping a bit.

Any suggestions?

McLaughlin
10-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Looks GOOOOOD, real strong. Only thing I'd say is what you already know, to work on lockout.

berfles
10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks. That will just require a mental adjustment more than anything.

Nicky
10-10-2009, 05:57 PM
WOW you made it look easy.

Big Smiley
10-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Hardcore man. Good job.

-JM-
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Berfles, that is just the way YOU deadlift. There are certain protocols that we should all adhere to but when it comes down to it, there are other aspects that you just go with what works best for you.

Your back stays in the same position throughout, the bar is close, youre on your heels and they are fast. You could lock those out if you wanted to. I dont think its a weakness more that youre just not bothering lol.

Nice work big guy!

chris mason
10-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, looks good to me. Good pulling!

galileo
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Is he local to you there?

berfles
10-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks guys, always nice to know the form is still there when you add a bunch of weight to the bar.

Berfles, that is just the way YOU deadlift. There are certain protocols that we should all adhere to but when it comes down to it, there are other aspects that you just go with what works best for you.

Your back stays in the same position throughout, the bar is close, youre on your heels and they are fast. You could lock those out if you wanted to. I dont think its a weakness more that youre just not bothering lol.

Nice work big guy!

Yeah I think you're right. It just doesn't feel right to me to lean back more, certainly not the hyper extension a lot of people do. I'm sure if I get the weight up that high I could lock it out better if need be, it's not like I'd get stuck there or anything :D

Is he local to you there?

Eh?

galileo
10-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I have this stupid Firefox plugin which paginates the threads, so when I thought I was replying to a previous thread, it posted here.

Jacob R.
10-12-2009, 04:27 PM
WOW you made it look easy.

what he said, awesome strength

motivates me to work harder ahah

borracho
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Awesome pulling dude...was that a neutral grip or mixed?

runriot26
10-13-2009, 06:14 PM
so is all of this inside your house??? how much did it cost you to get that all set up??

berfles
10-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Awesome pulling dude...was that a neutral grip or mixed?

Mixed.

so is all of this inside your house??? how much did it cost you to get that all set up??

It's all in my basement. I got my Powertec rack for $300, the bench was $99, 300lb Olympic set was $130. Since then I've added more weights and bought a Texas Power Bar, but the rest is pretty much unchanged.

I am beginning to need a new bench though.

runriot26
10-14-2009, 09:24 PM
damn dude, im tryin to save enough so i can start lifting fully in my garage alone instead of having to go to the gym for heavy lifts...............wow dude your a beast! def one of my top inspirations.........you've got alot of heart to be able to change yourself this much.......dedication is def the key and you've achieved that...........nice work man

twm
10-15-2009, 04:31 AM
berfles, excellent job man

you already know this, but youve made outstanding headway

Guido
10-15-2009, 03:15 PM
How much do your clips weigh? That might be more than 435. Also, your thread title says 430, not 435.

berfles
10-15-2009, 04:48 PM
damn dude, im tryin to save enough so i can start lifting fully in my garage alone instead of having to go to the gym for heavy lifts...............wow dude your a beast! def one of my top inspirations.........you've got alot of heart to be able to change yourself this much.......dedication is def the key and you've achieved that...........nice work man

berfles, excellent job man

you already know this, but youve made outstanding headway

Thanks guys. I'm on a deload week, and as usual, when I'm not lifting heavy I feel like I lose all my progress. I hate that feeling.

How much do your clips weigh? That might be more than 435. Also, your thread title says 430, not 435.

The LockJaws don't weigh much, probably like a pound combined. And yeah, I have a habit of messing up thread titles with weights, but it was 435lbs. I don't think I can edit the title anymore.

runriot26
10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
so when you bulked did you pretty much eat anything??? or did you have to eat mostly healthy???? im bulking again and im still hesitating if i wanna eat as much as anything as possible or eat alot of health food in bulk........i guess im just afraid of putting on too much fat but at this point i dont really care

berfles
10-16-2009, 08:39 AM
so when you bulked did you pretty much eat anything??? or did you have to eat mostly healthy???? im bulking again and im still hesitating if i wanna eat as much as anything as possible or eat alot of health food in bulk........i guess im just afraid of putting on too much fat but at this point i dont really care

Copied from my other thread here:

I didn't really follow a specific diet, I just ate whatever (within reason) would get me to 6000 calories. I make two shakes that are 660 calories (milk, ice cream, carbo gain, whey) and one that is at or around 1600 calories (similar to the Bako shake in the Recipes section). Other staples for me are jasmine rice (300 calories worth), granola that I make (280 calories per 1/2 cup), and frosted mini wheats for breakfast. Two servings (48 mini wheats) plus milk total 500 calories. I also eat pop tarts (I don't care what they have in them, it's a quick 400 calories). Other than that I just eat normal dinner which for me is usually around 800-1000 calories, and I'll total all that up. If I won't be at 6000 I start eating anything I can get, or drink more milk. Maybe a peanut butter sandwich.

On days I don't feel like physically eating that much, I'll even make two of those bigger shakes.

Irish Pilot
10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
You are looking THICK bud. Very inspiring work as always.

WBBIRL
10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
435x8 is nothing to sneeze at! Very strong... maybe try sitting back/down a little more off the bat... just a hare.

Looks good otherwise and strong!

berfles
10-17-2009, 12:11 AM
You are looking THICK bud. Very inspiring work as always.

:D

435x8 is nothing to sneeze at! Very strong... maybe try sitting back/down a little more off the bat... just a hare.

Looks good otherwise and strong!

Thanks. I may go for 500 later on today depending how I feel.

Girn26
10-30-2009, 03:21 AM
how long you been lifting for?

berfles
10-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Lifting seriously and consecutively, about 2 years. I got my power rack in October of 2007, anything I did before that was child's play and really didn't help me much. Before the rack I was only repping 160 for bench, 250 for deadlift, and wasn't even squatting. I think shoulder presses were about 100lbs too.

Painzer
10-30-2009, 10:58 AM
:D

Thanks. I may go for 500 later on today depending how I feel.

Did you ever go for 500?

berfles
10-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Nope :( Didn't feel into it enough to try. I was thinking of trying this weekend, but with me and maxing out it's not really something I like forcing, I have to actually feel like trying. I usually get the urge out of the blue and that's when I do best, less time to sit and think about it.