PDA

View Full Version : Who is your PR/BB Role-Model?

CainMcCloud
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, pretty simple, who is your power lifting/body building/Olympian role-model? Mine would have to be, hands down, Franco Columbu. I love his build, and he is a inch shorter then me, so I mean, it can't be impossible for me to be big when a man a inch shorter then me, built to be so strong, and beautiful (not gay lol, just admiring his muscle definition and huge mass).

Who is yours?

Also, my 2nd would be Arnold probably, or maybe Mike Katz. I love Mike Katz cause he got into it through bullying, which I guess you could say helped me into weight lifting too.

Polish Hammer
10-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Bodybuilding-All time, Shawn Ray. Currently I like Branch Warren

Powerlifting-Jeremy Frey is the guy I currently like. Dave Tate, not for his numbers but his dedication and love of the sport.

Strongman-Pudz, Magnusson, Sigmarson

NickAus
10-12-2009, 05:48 AM
I like too many to list but Chuck V comes to mind, I think others have as much or more natural ability but he seems to push it to another level.

I respect any lifter who helps others.

NickAus
10-12-2009, 05:53 AM
Body building- Lee Haney and Dorian Yates.

BigTallOx
10-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Chad Aichs

Detard
10-12-2009, 10:12 AM
agree with chad aichs. i also like matt kroc and rhodes

C-Sobrino
10-12-2009, 11:50 AM
For bodybuilding I think Franco Columbo was the greatest as far as having a healthy and strong bodybuilding lifestyle and an amazing physique that garnered him an Olympia win. He was incredibly athletic, participating and setting records in strongman, powerlifting and olympic weightlifting. He was also a good boxer. Currently I like Dennis Wolf.

For powerlifting I really like Scott Cartwright and Charles Bailey. I dont only admire their numbers, but also how theyre willing to compete in any gear or without, in any fed and in full meets.

For Strongman, Pudz is definitely my favorite to watch since I started watching WSM when he began his reign so he's a guy that can really capture the imagination. Poundstone is also an awesome guy to watch compete.

Weightlifting, Pyrros Dimas hands down my favorite lifter.

endymion88
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
chad aichs and ed coan i honestly kind of like jay cutler too he does alot for bodybuilding

Jay1
10-12-2009, 02:21 PM
BB - Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler. PR - Ed Coan, one of the best ever. Brian Schwab, amazing strength for a smaller guy. Chad Aichs, not only is he a great lifter, but a great guy. He's been a huge help in getting my bench past the 600lb barrier.

Clone
10-12-2009, 11:38 PM
BB- Mike Mentzer or Flex Wheeler

PL- Rick Weil, Tom Eiseman, and Capt Kirk

WSM- Stumpy Reighns (sp?)

mikesbench
10-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Powerliftng - Frankl - and also admire Brad Heck and Jay Fry in bench only. Also admire guys like Louie Simmons, Dave Tate and many others that do so much to help fellow lifters with coaching and information.

barbell01
10-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Kaptian kirk!

NickAus
10-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I read through this and was reminded just how many great lifters there are............way too many to list!

mattdunkin
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
When I first started lifting in '88 as far as bodybuilding it was Gaspari,Mike Quinn,and Victor Richards.Powerlifting,it was all one guy and his name was Dave Pasanella.Nowadays as far as bodybuilding,I really don't have many favorites as the whole Synthol and IGF-1 thing has just totally changed the sport's work ethic-that being said,Branch is a damn freak and Ronnie blew my mind because I remember when he was drug-free back in the early 90's and he changed SO damn much!Powerlifting these days Vogelpohl and as a few mentioned earlier my good friend Chad Aichs who has helped me so much not only in powerlifting,but as a friend that has been there for me when times were real rough and I always know I can pick-up the phone and call-not only because he can't sleep(!),but if you know the guy,there are few people on this earth that are as good a person as he is.

robchris
10-14-2009, 09:08 PM
PL=Louie simmons & Dave Tate!

These guys have done so much for the sport in general...

BB=Arnold... nuff' said!

McLaughlin
10-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Doug Young and Pisarenko

70sbig = win

thegreatone
10-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Kaptian kirk!

x3

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKVXdamI2_A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKVXdamI2_A&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW2fd7PeKR0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sW2fd7PeKR0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

packers0415
10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
For Bench Only - Joe Mazza - big bench at a low body weight