PDA

View Full Version : 1445 Raw Total...21 yrs old @ 213lbs

BloodyDeadliftr
12-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Recently did the IPA meet Christmas Carnage (Classic) in Boyertown PA.
My offical classification in Raw Ameture Junior 220lb class lol. The meet went better than I had expected. Your thoughts on what I can work on?
485 Squat
LqDotDsiTos

360 Bench
r5Ze2JGMhPo

600 Dead
uaGewz1ucMc

This was my second meet of the year...I did Power Palooza back in April and my lifts then were

445 squat
340 bench
515 dead

Like I said I'm open to any tips and pointers from all the experience there is here on these boards. Thanks in advance!

roots
12-13-2009, 11:48 PM
very impressive lifts man. I like the Rage song playing in the deadlift vid also.

MarcusWild
12-14-2009, 12:36 AM
Were those your thirds? It looks like you picked the perfect attempts. I didn't see any glaring technique issues. Just keep working. You're off to a great start.

Fuzzy
12-14-2009, 05:20 AM
It makes me smile to see good tight technique. It never fails to amaze me how people cant grasp things like a tight arch, filling up, and keeping things tight and set.

Great lifting mate!

ScottYard
12-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Nice lifts. Looks like you dont need much pointers when you add 85 pounds to your deadlift in half a year lol

nsnyder
12-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Congrats you had an awesome Day. Hit me up if you want to get some workouts together.

the one
12-14-2009, 07:38 AM
awesome man! how did you get your deadlift from 515 to 600 in just 8 months? im at about 515 now and would loooove to get to 600

BloodyDeadliftr
12-14-2009, 10:03 AM
very impressive lifts man. I like the Rage song playing in the deadlift vid also.
thanks roots, honestly i don't think i noticed the music. I was so jacked up and focused at the same time ya know?

Were those your thirds? It looks like you picked the perfect attempts. I didn't see any glaring technique issues. Just keep working. You're off to a great start.
Yes Marcus those were my thirds...i went 430 470 485 on squat 340 360 365..but missed 365 on bench...then 500, 560, 600 on the dead. Thanks for the kind words.

It makes me smile to see good tight technique. It never fails to amaze me how people cant grasp things like a tight arch, filling up, and keeping things tight and set.

Great lifting mate!
Thanks Fuzzy, have to give props to the guys I train with. They are all about technique! Couldn't have done it without them.

Nice lifts. Looks like you dont need much pointers when you add 85 pounds to your deadlift in half a year lol
Hopefully it'll keep going up the way it has been, just going to do the same training cycle as last time but tweak it a little bit.

Congrats you had an awesome Day. Hit me up if you want to get some workouts together.
Thanks Nelson! I know your on the road a lot, when are you in town for awhile?

awesome man! how did you get your deadlift from 515 to 600 in just 8 months? im at about 515 now and would loooove to get to 600
I ate like an animal, red meat was my best friend for a good 4-5months..were talking 3-4 times a day..Nailed my sleeping down to 8-10 hours a night..pulled either every other or every third week. And worked up to a max triple or single for that day..Then up'd the ante each time. Slowly but surely it went up. I'd be lying if I told you I woke up that day knowing I was going for 600. At best I though maybe 585 but 560 came up so fast Gene told me to go for 600. And slowly but surely the weight came up. Could barely bend over to tie my shoes the next few days but hey, its part of the life.

Beverly McD.
12-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Congratulations on two things John. The first is congratulations on your meet of course, your lifts looked really good.
The second is congratulations on giving some credit to your training partners. Good coaching makes all the difference in the world :)

BloodyDeadliftr
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Congratulations on two things John. The first is congratulations on your meet of course, your lifts looked really good.
The second is congratulations on giving some credit to your training partners. Good coaching makes all the difference in the world :)

Thanks Beverly! I am very fortuante for where I live because I am able to train at Southside Iron gym in Allentown PA home of Gene Rychlak. He has helped me come a long way in such short time. Its always great to train there because of all the experience in one place. Hopefully in the near future there will be more and more powerlifters that find this gym and come train there. My lifts wouldn't be where they were if I didn't get the advice from everyone in that gym, I owe it all to them.

joey54
12-14-2009, 03:41 PM
:evillaugh:I think you need to give some deadlift tips to the guy in the hat and glasses behind you on your deadlift.

In all seriousness great job on all 3 lifts. Very impressive.

BloodyDeadliftr
12-14-2009, 10:17 PM
:evillaugh:I think you need to give some deadlift tips to the guy in the hat and glasses behind you on your deadlift.

In all seriousness great job on all 3 lifts. Very impressive.

Thanks Joey, haha..are you talking about will? He trains with you guys out where you live doesn't he?

joey54
12-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks Joey, haha..are you talking about will? He trains with you guys out where you live doesn't he?

Yeah he trains with us pretty regularly except when he comes up to train bench with you guys on Sunday. Very enthusiastic guy who just wants to get stronger.

BloodyDeadliftr
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
heard about his accident on the way out on sunday tonight....how's he holding up?

Cmanuel
12-16-2009, 07:56 PM
god you're one strong kid. Keep it up!!! Do you have a journal here?

joey54
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
heard about his accident on the way out on sunday tonight....how's he holding up?

He's driving a Kia Spectra for a rental right now, but both him and Darren are ok. They squatted last night and Will was in tonight for a bench workout. No injuries from the crash.

BigTallOx
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Nice lifting.

BloodyDeadliftr
12-17-2009, 08:44 PM
god you're one strong kid. Keep it up!!! Do you have a journal here?
nope...been thinking about keeping one here though..

He's driving a Kia Spectra for a rental right now, but both him and Darren are ok. They squatted last night and Will was in tonight for a bench workout. No injuries from the crash.
thats great to hear, the roads were nasty on sunday. thats dedication to try and make the trip. Guess we'll see them sunday

Nice lifting.

thanks Ox!

joey54
12-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't think they will be making the trip this Sunday, but am not 100%. I do know Will is heading to the Pittsburgh area for the holidays.

BloodyDeadliftr
12-19-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't think they will be making the trip this Sunday, but am not 100%. I do know Will is heading to the Pittsburgh area for the holidays.

Gotcha..yea and with this snow storm we have going don't think he would want risk driving out especially with the rental

n00bster
12-20-2009, 04:45 AM
Well done BloodyDeadliftr! What you are not telling us is that you set 3 IPA world records!! I thinks that's pretty impressive.

BloodyDeadliftr
12-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Well done BloodyDeadliftr! What you are not telling us is that you set 3 IPA world records!! I thinks that's pretty impressive.

well if you want to go down that street I actually hold all four now.....squat, bench, dead and total. :) i have a 1445 total now but am going for 1555 in april which would be elite total. Just the next step on the ladder for me..always climbing