PDA

View Full Version : milk bad?

BCorn
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
went to a seminar last night and was told tha milk was bad and clogs up the liver...ecspecially homogenized milk. i have heard before that "raw" milk is better for you. as someone that has always consumed lots of milk I am interested in thoughts on this....and if milk really is to be avoided, what could be used as a substitute?

VikingWarlord
03-24-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd like to see the information on which that is based. The liver is very resilient and isn't going to get "clogged" (wtf ever that means) just because you're drinking milk unless you have some other serious issue happening.

Mercuryblade
03-24-2010, 10:00 AM
I'd like to see the information on which that is based. The liver is very resilient and isn't going to get "clogged" (wtf ever that means) just because you're drinking milk unless you have some other serious issue happening.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_XvSXqPQS9Vo/SYAhwW4SskI/AAAAAAAAANs/bjC49_Dy-t8/s400/facepalm+02.jpg

^ Directed at leader of seminar.

ThomasG
03-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Milk is magic

/thread.

Tom Mutaffis
03-24-2010, 10:11 AM
went to a seminar last night and was told tha milk was bad and clogs up the liver...ecspecially homogenized milk. i have heard before that "raw" milk is better for you. as someone that has always consumed lots of milk I am interested in thoughts on this....and if milk really is to be avoided, what could be used as a substitute?

There are a lot of different opinions out there on milk.

What state do you live in? Each state has different regulations with regard to raw milk.

sbirgel
03-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Milk's great for getting some extra protein and fat into your diet if you're trying to gain weight...however I'm unaware of it's liver clogging capabilities but I'm willing to bet that they're pretty unwarranted otherwise we would have heard of this before and no one would drink milk

Holto
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
Milk makes me severely allergic to all metals. To the point where the skin near my belt buckle is peeling off and looks horrible. This is my first milk free winter in a long time and the first since I've moved to Toronto (3 yrs) that I didn't get sick once.

I think milk when processed and cared for correctly can be extremely nutritious.

MadChef
03-24-2010, 01:27 PM
This has been debated to death. The verdict is still out. It is a fact that some people cannot handle milk; they are allergic to it or become allergic to it especially in excess. Also, the excess calcium and mucous in the diet can increase the rate of arthritic crystal formation. Most people, however, do fine with it. I was allergic to milk when I was younger, caused a few problems but nothing serious. I began drinking almond/rice milk which is actually really tasty, however devoid of the fat and protein of regular milk. My allergies have gone away since and I drink milk and cream on a daily basis, don't know what I would do without it. One of my professors had debilitating arthritis in his spine and almost had surgery until he cleaned up his diet a little; the most major change being he cut out all dairy which was a big one for him. He claims that that cured his back pain permanently, so who knows. Everyones different.

adamalexandru
03-25-2010, 09:55 PM
The inside of our skeleton looks like honeycomb, with blood vessels and bone. Milk is one of the best natural sources marrow in the spaces between bone. With of calcium. Three portions of milk and age, the spaces become bigger, making bone dairy foods a day (3-A-Day) will give you all fragile and liable to break easily. One in two women the calcium you need. In the UK will suffer a fracture after the age of 50. However, osteoporosis is not just a female problem. Men also need to look after their bones. One in five men in the UK will suffer a fracture after the age of 50.

nejar462
03-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Guys listen, Cow Milk is definitely for idiots. Everyone knows it clogs up the liver and corrodes the small intestine, plus, pasteurization is a republican plot to cover up global warming and the dangers of genetically modified crops. Right now I'm on a huge kick of the most nutritious most natural, most greenhouse friendly, milk possible.

Human Breastmilk!!!

Right now my mother, girlfriend, and sister have been tapped, however, I've resorted to harvesting other women around the neighborhood. Sure, it is awkward when a woman wakes up in the middle of the night to see you using a breast pump on them, masturbating, while listening to your Rush mix tape on your ipod. However, whats even worse is when the 'victim' is all like, "I'm not a woman you idiot," or the whole "Aren't you the guy who stares at me while I eat," but its about as awkward as when 'dick in a box' backfires.

Breastmilk, scoop full of ATLARGE nutrition (can't ban me I've advertising ATLARGE) is good for a baby or a growing powerlifter and don't forget it. For the ladies, I'm not sure if it makes sense to drink your own breast milk, but it might be a good way to lose weight while not losing nutrition, because it takes energy to digest milk and pump it out of you.

Guido
03-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Mark Sisson, one of the "Paleo Diet" gurus out there is pretty neutral on the topic. He mentions nothing of liver damage, though. I certainyl don't believe there is any danger of liver damage from drinking milk and I've seen quite a bit of the evidence out there.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dairy-intolerance/

Mercuryblade
03-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Guys listen, Cow Milk is definitely for idiots. Everyone knows it clogs up the liver and corrodes the small intestine, plus, pasteurization is a republican plot to cover up global warming and the dangers of genetically modified crops. Right now I'm on a huge kick of the most nutritious most natural, most greenhouse friendly, milk possible.

Human Breastmilk!!!

Right now my mother, girlfriend, and sister have been tapped, however, I've resorted to harvesting other women around the neighborhood. Sure, it is awkward when a woman wakes up in the middle of the night to see you using a breast pump on them, masturbating, while listening to your Rush mix tape on your ipod. However, whats even worse is when the 'victim' is all like, "I'm not a woman you idiot," or the whole "Aren't you the guy who stares at me while I eat," but its about as awkward as when 'dick in a box' backfires.

Breastmilk, scoop full of ATLARGE nutrition (can't ban me I've advertising ATLARGE) is good for a baby or a growing powerlifter and don't forget it. For the ladies, I'm not sure if it makes sense to drink your own breast milk, but it might be a good way to lose weight while not losing nutrition, because it takes energy to digest milk and pump it out of you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Skalami
03-27-2010, 01:23 PM
that was fracking hilarious.. plus extra points for the detail

VikingWarlord
03-27-2010, 03:27 PM
For the ladies, I'm not sure if it makes sense to drink your own breast milk, but it might be a good way to lose weight while not losing nutrition, because it takes energy to digest milk and pump it out of you.

As an added benefit, it's pretty hot to watch them drink it right from the tap.

MadChef
03-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I would totally suckle me some real breastmilk if the opportunity ever presented itself... It would, however, depend on the source. I can't imagine a better source of nutrients, and I have heard it can be pretty tasty. Actually, not a bad idea for a new line of supplements. And you could dry it out sell it in powder form, "MOTHERS MILK, the REAL muscle milk"... haha

fixationdarknes
03-27-2010, 05:51 PM
For the ladies, I'm not sure if it makes sense to drink your own breast milk, but it might be a good way to lose weight while not losing nutrition, because it takes energy to digest milk and pump it out of you.

Rolf