PDA

View Full Version : I would like to cut down my body fat percentage to 10% or less !

Phamzy95
08-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Hi
I'll tell you a little bit about myself and how I train and my diet

Im 14 very active lad , I train at a boxing gym im also a boxer , i train there 3-4 times a week for 1hr and a half(we skip to warm up , shadow box , bag work , sparring/circuit , groundwork etc )
but now its off season i only train there twice a week minium . I also enjoy running as a fitness I would wake up at 5:45 AM and get ready and run at 6:00 AM my run is 5miles it takes me 50mins to complete it . I run a day nd rest the next .

Any other good excercises you want to suggest please do .

MY DIET

MORNING
CHEERIOES CEREAL WITH MILK ( MY MORNING SNACKS ARE SPREAD OUT EVERY HOUR)
NUTRI-GRAIN BAR
APPLE
BANANA

AFTERNOON
CHICKEN AND BACON SANDWICH OR TUNA AND PASTA&SALAD
GRAPES
ORANGE JUICE
DINNER
RICE WITH MEAT AND VEGETABLES

I dont eat JUNK food or chocolate or sweets or takeaway
I dont drink fizzy drinks or any other i only drink milk , water , orange juice and other juices

I am 5FT7
I weigh 56 Kg
BMI 20.9
BODY FAT 19% =(.

What should i add or change to reduce my body fat percentage ?

Thanks for reading

Astreocclu
08-14-2010, 12:40 PM
So you weigh 123 pounds at 5.7 and you said you have 19% body fat...? you dont seem to be eating particular alot either? so you run this 5 miles 3 times a week? i honestly have no idea how you exercise so much, eat so little and have a high body fat percentage. Maybe your overdoing it, as in workin to much?

Phamzy95
08-14-2010, 02:14 PM
I would run 3 times one week nd 4 times the next

Its really weird and i dont see what the problem can be =/

how can i excercise so much but only have 19% bodyfat

I dont eat Junk food or takeaway and i dont eat alot in general just enough to keep me full :S

At the moment I dont think im overdoing it because when I do overdo it my muscles will ache and I feel it .

But even if i was to over do it shouldnt i have a low bodyfat% still?

Off Road
08-14-2010, 02:54 PM
You probably crashed your metabolism. There has been some recent chat on this forum about that very subject. Do a search and you should be able to find it. Basically, your body is holding on to the fat as a safety mechanism and will gladly burn the muscle for fuel instead. Running and eating less will work for a while, but can back-fire in the long run if you go to the extremes with either one.

ehopkins932
08-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Your metabolism could have crashed like the guys said above. However, it seems like you are probably still eating enough cals where thats not the case. You are eating a ton of carbs that are high GI and not timing them right. Read up on proper nutrition....eat carbs ONLY after you run/lifter/intense boxing practice. Log and weigh out your food to really see what your eating....then make adjustments from there. My meat and rice meal is going to be different from your meat and rice meal and its not going to be the same every time unless you weigh and measure it out.

Phamzy95
08-15-2010, 03:33 AM
So what excactly should i need to do to "uncrash" my metabolism

And how did i crash my metabolism in the first place? So i know not to do it again

But i thought carbs provide you energy what should i eat then before boxing training?

Off Road
08-15-2010, 06:44 AM
I am not any kind of expert on diet and metabolism, so I will refer you to Allen's articles...

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?137851-Be-Aware-of-Metabolic-Damage

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?138091-Dieting-to-get-Fat

ehopkins932
08-15-2010, 08:49 AM
It may not be the case that your metabolism is crashed. http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28159&highlight=crashed+metabolism Read that and start taking morning and night temps every night. Youll find out that way if you do indeed have a crashed metabolism.

Also, carbs are not needed beforehand and if anything can crash your blood sugar and lead to a worse performance. It should not affect you at all and is mental if it does. You probably need 25g-35g carbs PWO too...the importance of carbs is overrated in many bodybuilding circles IMO. Try cutting them beforehand and replace them with some nuts or even better greens, maybe olive oil on the greens depending on your overall macros.

If you really want optimal results them you really need to create an actual diet with actual measurements. If you really are 19% BF a lot will most likely come off at first, but to get down below 10% its not realistic.

Phamzy95
08-15-2010, 12:37 PM
The only reason I want to get down to 10% bodyfat is because there a guy at my gym whos ripped and his muscle stick out and everything and hes around 9% - 11% body fat and I train pretty much like him and I want to have a build like that

greemah
08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Post pics, you may have your numbers wrong

Allen Cress
08-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Are you only eating 2 times per day? That is the first red light. You should be eating at least 4 times per day spread evenly. You also need to include more quality foods especially starches to fuel your body for proper and maximum performance.

Without know a lot more info its hard to say what's going on. You seem to do a lot of activities and doing so requires enough food to fuel the activities. There is a difference between eating for maximum performance and eatingv to have low bodyfat. You also have to take into account you may not have the genetics to maintain a low bodyfat (below 9%) and be healthy. Just because someone else is able to do that doesn't mean you can.

Just start trying to eat a more balanced nutriton plan of 4-5 meals per day and then re-assess in a few weeks.

Phamzy95
08-16-2010, 05:43 AM
Thanks for everyones advice
I think the best idea is to eat more ill let you know how i get on in 2weeks