PDA

View Full Version : Might be wrong forum?

aj24
05-31-2011, 05:47 PM
This has to deal with my digestive system, so I was guessing it would go in the diet nutrition forum, if wrong forum, mods please move.

So, for the past 5 days I've had the hershey squirts (diarhea stool), also green in color. I am not sure why, I'm eating like I usually do except since Saturday i have been eating grilled food off a grill since it is getting nicer outside (it is now tuesday), usually grilled food tends to upset my stomach for a day or so.

Also, i tend to have a gurgling stomach, bloatedness, and sometimes pain but not usually. Not sure why this is happening, any thoughts? Anyway to fix or is it just a bug running through a course? I was sick about a week and a half ago but I am feeling no symptoms from the head cold.

I took pepto bismo 1 night and that helped the stomach gurgling.

StLRPh
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
5 days of diarrhea is a lot but if you're staying hydrated and still have an appetite you could probably just let it run its course.

For OTC stuff, loperamide (Imodium AD) is much better that Pepto but if it's not really affecting your quality life I'd try to just deal with it. If it still hasn't gotten better after a few more days call you doc.

Is this the first time it's happened?

aj24
05-31-2011, 06:12 PM
yes this is the first time its lasted this long, and i am drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated, because i believe diarhea does dehydrate you quite a bit?

StLRPh
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
it definitely will dehydrate you, if you start getting nausea/vomit get a hold of a doc.

shawno
05-31-2011, 08:24 PM
When I get the heshey squirts (I'm stealing this btw), I take an acidophilus pill. I've found that taking an acidophilus pill every other day or so controls the diarrhea issue, works better than Imodium for me.

aj24
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
no diarhea anymore, have had heartburn past 2 nights pretty bad, stools just green and pasty now.

Behemoth
06-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Sounds like it may be clearing up, it was probably just something you ate. If you start to regress you probably want to see a doc and have them do some tests to rule out anything like UC or crohns.

aj24
06-05-2011, 10:27 PM
might be clearing up. been ok the past days and nights.