PDA

View Full Version : check out my new diet for muscle mass and loosing fat.Please critique

KidMan
06-16-2002, 04:43 AM
Meal1:1can of tuna or 5 eggwhites
1cup of low fat milk
Training and cardio
Meal2:Any kind of vegetables
Good protein source(meat,chicken or fish)
Meal3:2 bannanas
Meal4:1can of tuna or 5 eggwhites

I know most of you will tell me to take six meal a day but it's hard for me because most of the time i hang out with my friends and I am not into food to that extent.I don't take any kind of supps at all.Thanks

Silverback
06-16-2002, 04:49 AM
sounds to me as your not getting enough cals, remember in order to gain mass you need to consume more than you are using (burning), therefore more carbs and fat are necessery, you havent mentioned your weight, height, training etc... , you must also remember its almost impossible to gain muscle and shed fat at the same time, some more info would be helpful.

06-16-2002, 10:07 AM
**** dude there isn't even 1200 calories there.

ryuage
06-16-2002, 11:01 AM
what avatar said.. haha that's like my meal 1 spread into 4 :)

and like winner said its "almost" impossible but not impossible so if you trained hard, ate RIGHT, and got good rest you just might see what you want. Need more info like he also stated.

KidMan
06-16-2002, 01:17 PM
why???
all my food are rich in protein and very low in carb and cals and as long as I have a good protein intake it's hard to loose muscle specially that i train every day and do cardio about 3 days a week after training.

Silverback
06-16-2002, 01:24 PM
your forgetting one thing calories are anabolic and in order to keep muscles you require enough cals to maintain

equinox10
06-16-2002, 04:04 PM
When I first started, I was doing a meal plan almost exactly like this and I'll tell you that it does not work. You will not get bigger eating like that. Even though your meals may have a decent amount of protein, you need more carbs. When I first started getting serious about diets, I believed the whole very low carb thing and ate almost no carbs. It was really hard to gain any sort of mass. And don't forget about fats. As far as I can see, you have almost no fat in your diet. Your body needs more than just protein to build (and to burn).

And, even if you stick with this diet, there is not enough protein there anyway. Even though I don't believe in many supplements, I'd suggest throwing in one protein shake, preferrably after you work out. Just my two cents.

-Justin

Jane
06-16-2002, 04:50 PM
If you're out a lot, consider adding MRP shakes between meals (not replacing meals). They should have a good amount of both protein and carbs and help you get more calories in your day.

And yes, 0 fat is NOT the way to go.

Try reading some of the nutritional articles on this site to get you started.