PDA

View Full Version : help

zao
06-17-2002, 01:29 AM
I am totally new to all of this. I worked out a lot back in my sophomore year in high school (3 years ago), and I did a lot of weight-lifting.

I haven't steadily worked out since then, and I need to get back into shape. I would say that I am about 30 pounds over weight. I would like to lose that weight before i begin body building ( is that a good idea? )

Basically, if anyone can help me personally create meal plans, and explain to me how carbs, protein, fats, and all that other stuff works I would really appreciate it.

My AIM handle is zao083

So please if you can help me out for a week or so, and just get me on my feet, I would greatly appreciate it.

zao
06-17-2002, 10:53 AM

WannaBeStrong
06-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Age, height, weight, short and long term weight goals please.

zao
06-17-2002, 04:25 PM
Height: 6 feet 2 inches
Weight: ~230

My short term goals would have to be to lose 30-40 pounds, possibly more. ( I look at short term as a year ).

MY long term goals are to just stay fit and keep body building. I don't want to get like HUGE HUGE, but I want a nice physique.

WannaBeStrong
06-18-2002, 06:18 AM
- lose the weight before attempt to gain mass.
- LIFT weight while you're losing the weight.
- Eat 12*BW in healthy whole foods
- Get 1g/lb protein and at least 14g of fat from EFAs (1 TBSP Flaxseed oil)
- Eat 6 meals a day.
- Eat lots of vegetables and lean proteins.
- Stick with your diet. Nothing will ever taste as good as being thin. (stolen)
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stay away from sugars and processed garbage.

Try this for 6 weeks and see where you stand. You could probably cut down to about 2400 calories and lose 2lbs of fat per week. I would start at 2800 and lower it to about 2400 over a few weeks, then stay there. If you start to stagnate, ask more specific questions. To get a routine hammered out, go to the Training forum. Good luck!

zao
06-18-2002, 06:30 PM
well if i am to lift weights while dieting, should i cut the work out in half or what?