PDA

View Full Version : wrestlers diet

archanix
12-27-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi, I'm not a wrestler but my bro is. He wrestles 130. He trains everyday and eats very little. He eats nothing the day before a tournament. He is afraid any food will make him gain weight. I keep telling him how not eating greatly decreases his strength and actually LOWERS his metabolism. He, however, doesnt want to listen to me. Can I get some advice for him as to what his diet should consist of for a wrestler who can eat and stay at 130 respectively. I think if he hears it from a bunch of people it might help change his mind. Thanks, Jesse

nejar462
12-29-2002, 08:58 AM
Umm, wrestling's pretty nuts, i was in it, since his whole team most likely does it up like that, he will follow suit, you'll have one hell of a time convincing him not too. Its kinda like he's brainwashed.

Just tell him most of the best wrestlers that I know of eat 3 square meals a day, usually consisting of vegetables, carbs, and meat. Then they workout to lose any excess fat. The champions that I know or state champion competitors neway. Most olympians do it like that too

-sin-
12-29-2002, 08:08 PM
He eats nothing? I've never known any wrestler that would eat nothing the day before a match. When I was cutting weight before a match I basically lived off of a strict diet of canned tuna, baked potatoes, and subway sandwhiches. Also tell him to eat dinner early, like no later than 6pm. Food doesnt really weigh that much...I've known kids that would weigh themselves the day of the match holding their lunch in their hands to see how much they could eat. Its a crazy sport.