PDA

View Full Version : getting BIG

metabolicwar
01-14-2003, 02:51 AM
right!..
I'm 19, 6 feet, 165lbs, 8% bf last time I checked... I've been stuck at 165lbs for about half a year now. My diet consists of meals every 2 hours, 165+ grams of protein a day, 500-700 carbs, fat is about 15-20% of my diet, my strength is decent but my size isn't, I started with a 2500 cal diet, it wasn't enough, bumped it up to 3000, saw no results, got up to 3500 and was still not gaining... I've been up at 4000-4500 a day for the past 2 weeks and I'm like... losing weight. I don't overtrain, I don't do ANY cardio work.. I'm having some challenges with a 4000 calorie diet.. I'd just like to get an idea of how you guys feel when you bulk, are you bloated with food ALL day? are there certain foods that are calorie dense but don't fill you up? any ideas on how I can KILL my metabolism? I'm tired of eating and not seeing any results... it's pissin me right off...
I eat clean btw..

WillKuenzel
01-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Between 4k to 5k calories you shouldn't be having that much trouble putting on weight, even if you have a high metabolism. You may have to back off, how often you train or switch programs. If you are eating clean and eating alot then it must be something else. Post a typical days diet and you may get some more specific help.

galileo
01-14-2003, 08:30 AM
You might want to try eating about 2500 calories again for a few weeks and hope to slow it down with the drop. I'd also try a 40%/30%/30% diet for a change. Then jump up by 250cals/day every week. You can eat a LOT more calories with 30% fat. Nuts, seeds, and oils are easy to take and are packed with calories.

Good luck, I wish I had your problems. I eat 100 calories over maintenance and BAM - I look like my avatar.

HANSEL
01-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by metabolicwar
right!..
I'm 19, 6 feet, 165lbs, 8% bf last time I checked... I've been stuck at 165lbs for about half a year now. My diet consists of meals every 2 hours, 165+ grams of protein a day, 500-700 carbs, fat is about 15-20% of my diet, my strength is decent but my size isn't, I started with a 2500 cal diet, it wasn't enough, bumped it up to 3000, saw no results, got up to 3500 and was still not gaining... I've been up at 4000-4500 a day for the past 2 weeks and I'm like... losing weight. I don't overtrain, I don't do ANY cardio work.. I'm having some challenges with a 4000 calorie diet.. I'd just like to get an idea of how you guys feel when you bulk, are you bloated with food ALL day? are there certain foods that are calorie dense but don't fill you up? any ideas on how I can KILL my metabolism? I'm tired of eating and not seeing any results... it's pissin me right off...
I eat clean btw..

I actually think eating every 2 hrs is what is keeping your metabo raging. I have been doing the same while cutting and it works, I am starved again after an hour and a half. Maybe try eating larger meals every 3-4 hours will slow it dwn. Right now your just throwing fuel on a fire(Metabo) and making it bigger(faster).

Dan Dragon
01-14-2003, 03:10 PM
what does your workout look like? Maybe you´re not working out hard enough, or too often and not having enough growth time?

Also a 40/30/30 ratio of protein/carbo/fat could surely help, just like Galileo said.

metabolicwar
01-14-2003, 04:30 PM
thanks guys..

Day 1 - chest, shoulders
Day 2 - rest
Day 3 - Legs, abs
Day 4 - rest
Day 5 - back, trisceps, biceps
day 6 - rest
day 7 - rest

it's a slight variation of the wbb routine #1
reps are 6-8, 3 sets.. I've been seeing an increase in strength almost every week but no size..
you guys think I should follow the wbb routine to the letter? I've always liked putting chest with shoulders.. makes a good day with incline excersises... btw, I'm built on a 130lb frame, hence the bf%..