PDA

View Full Version : Bryan's Progress Log

Bryan
01-29-2003, 05:41 PM
Well Lets get everything up to date, I've been doing CKD for the last 2 weeks with good results. Lost 5cm of my waist in the first 2 weeks with minimal cardio. I'm heading into my 3rd week now and I plan to step up the cardio a bit, progress further towards my goal is 7-8% BF. I usually do my carbups over 24 hours starting on either tuesday night or wednesday night, depends on the week, I do it this way because it more convient with my school/work schedule.

Stats
------
5'10
19 years old
161lbs
15% BF

Weekly Schedule
----------------------
Monday: 25-35mins of Mod Intensity Cardio
Tuesday: 25-35mins of Mod Intensity Cardio
Wednesday: Early Cardio - Carb up after lunch + Depleting Workout
Thursday: Cardup - Day off
Friday: Low-Moderate Cardio to help get into Ketosis
Saturday: Train upper Body + Cardio(Lite)
Sunday: Train Lower Body + Cardo(Lite)

Supplementation!(sp? =P)
---------------------------------
Multivitamin
Vitamin C
Vitamin E
Vitamin B-Complex
Calcium
Whey Protien
ECA(Will be added in the 4th or 5th week of CKD)
Thyroid Stimulator(Will be added in the 10th or 11th week of CKD if needed)

Diet
-----
During my target calories on keto days is 1900-2100 calories. My keto diet usually consists of Tuna/Eggs/Sardines/Cheese/Salads/Oils

Bryan
01-29-2003, 08:35 PM
So it's 10:30pm wednesday night, finished my carb loading at 6pm. I feel all pumped up hehe. I think I'm lucky when it comes to doing CKD, because I didnt end up getting the so called Keto-Breath also I get back into Ketosis very quickly, I should be back in ketosis by tomorrow afternoon early evening. Anyhow, time for bed!

WillKuenzel
01-29-2003, 08:54 PM
That's a lot of cardio! You do cardio even on training day?

What weight are you hoping to be or are you just doing bf%?

Delphi
01-29-2003, 10:04 PM
How's your endurance while in ketosis? Does it affect your mood? I'm afraid I might go homicidal if I tried it.

Bryan
01-30-2003, 06:37 AM
It hasnt affect my mood at all, my endurance is down thats for sure, but I'm always able to train after carbups, I noticed when I do cardio that it feels like I get into fat burning mode faster.

As for sideeffects of ketosis, I've currently not experienced any real side effects yet. Except the fact that the day after carbups I wake up so f***ing hungry! hehe

bradley
01-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Good luck with the diet. Looking forward to reading about your progress.

Bryan
01-30-2003, 07:14 PM
well since I finished my carb load last night, I decided to work my upperbody tonight, went well. I should be in ketosis tomorrow morning. I use WWB Routine #2 if anybody was wondering.

Bryan
01-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Sigh, Ordered 10lbs of whey from bodybuilding.com 2 weeks ago today and it still hasnt arrived dammit! I love my whey hehe I always get chocolate, Optimum 100% whey + milk == good stuff!

Delphi
01-30-2003, 08:59 PM
I used to buy GNC whey when they had the buy one get the second one for half price deal. I ordered 5 lb of Optimum's pina colada flavored whey. I can't get that stuff to mix with milk, OJ, or Gatorade. There's always a layer of protein scum on top. I have a 5 lb jar of vanilla ice cream whey that I'm about to open up. I hope it mixes better. Have you noticed this problem?

WillKuenzel
01-30-2003, 09:05 PM
I've been using Optimum's strawberry and I haven't had any problems with mixing it. What are you mixing it in? I have a shaker and it mixes fine. But then I normally just chug mine down so I really don't taste too much of it.

Haev you called bodybuilding.com to ask if they have shipped it yet? Do they send you shipping tracking numbers. I've always ordered from netrition.com and have never had any problems.

Bryan
01-30-2003, 09:30 PM
I use a shaker too.

Yah I called bb.com, they said it'd be here today(ha!) or tomorrow(better be!)

Delphi
01-30-2003, 09:34 PM
I've always just stirred it. Will try shaking it tomorrow. Thanks for the hint.

Bryan
01-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Sorry HomeYield missed your post about cardio.

Haha!
That's my 'planned' cardio, well the post workout cardio I only do if i dont feel like puking, and its just more of a cool down not real cardio.

Bryan
01-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Just woke up, Took my morning Vitamins and ate breakfast.

I had a chicken breast + 4 pieces of bacon for breakfast, man was I hungry this morning, most of been the workout last night.
Anyhow I'm still not in ketosis, which pisses me off hopefully I'll be in it by tonight!

Anyhow, time for class

bradley
01-31-2003, 04:18 PM
What does your daily diet look like. Just curious how you go about staying away from carbs.

Bryan
02-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Just started my ECA stack today, Using Prolab ThermaPro I dont really feel that wired, which is good, i figure it's because im so used to having alot of coffee each morning.

As for my diet, it usually consists of: Tuna,Fish(sardines or herring),oils(flax/sunflower), eggs,salad,salad dressings(full fats) and cheese. oh yah and tons of water =P.

It's a pretty boring diet, but the way I look at it, I dont use food to satisfy myself, the only purpose of food is to fuel my body and I give it what it needs.

Bryan
02-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Just finished 30mins of cardio, I did 5 mins on a bike to warmup, 20 mins of moderate intensity skipping and then 5 mins of cooldown on the bike again. Built up a nice sweat I guess those pills are working already

Bryan
02-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Well I'm just gonna write a little update while I'm bored =P

First I'll start off with current view on CKD and how it's been working for me.

I just finished my 3rd week of CKD diet with minimal cardio involved and I'm very pleased with the results so far. I knowed fat loss over my top 4 abs, the skin has become much tighter, also that annoying mount of fat on my lower abs has gotten smaller also. In the first 2 weeks my waist came down 4.5cm which isn't too bad at all. Now I've heard that the CKD det only gets going on the 4th week, so I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks ahead of me. It's becoming very routine, I dont have to think about all my meals anymore, I basically know what I can and cannot eat now.

Now I started taking ECA today, I had minimal side effects I would feel the thermo part of the pills tho especially during cardio. Now in the following weeks I plan to increase my cardio to really empty those fat cells(I hope!). I also bought some Metabolic Thyrolean which is similar to the old Biotest T2, I plan to incorperate the Thyrolean once I lose some more weight and I notice my metabolism slowing down. Which I predict will happen around march.

haha I'm already starting to think about my bulk! lol
I figure I'll be at the bodyfat I want around may-june. I plan to try a slow steady bulk over the summertime, try to lose those abs too fast! hehe

Bryan
02-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Well just did my morning weigh in, I'm down 13lbs now(alot of water I bet). And I've also lost 5.5cm off my waist now.

bradley
02-03-2003, 02:21 PM
Excellent progress Bryan. Keep up the good work.

Bryan
02-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Hehe I hope it keeps up, I'll be able to bulk! BTW Is it possible to do a slow clean controlled bulk and not put on much fat?

Bryan
02-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Well I took my ECA yesterday at school and forgot to drink enough water. Now I know why they suggest drinking it with a BIG glass of water =<

Well keto has been going great, tomorrow is carbup day:drooling:

Going to do some cardio this afternoon then take it easy for the rest of the day.

bradley
02-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bryan
Hehe I hope it keeps up, I'll be able to bulk! BTW Is it possible to do a slow clean controlled bulk and not put on much fat?

Yeah, its possible but you will put on a little. I think if you take it slow and monitor your caloric intake and progress you will have a cleaner bulk.

Bryan
02-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Well it's tuesday night, so that means tomorrow is carbup day. I praise the lord! I'm going to try a 24 hour carbup to help prevent spill over into fat!

On a side note, I ordered 10lbs of whey from bb.com almost 3 weeks ago and it still isn't here =<

Yah, I'd like to bulk up without adding very much fat, I dont care if it takes alot longer.

bradley
02-05-2003, 02:59 AM
I know what you mean about ordering from bb.com I placed an order and it took a lot longer than expected. Have you called them yet?

Bryan
02-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Called twice, I guess its sitting at customs waiting to be looked over before they send it to me. Thank god its only some whey!

Well its carbup day, I just ate some fruit and I'm going to do my depletion workout soon. I'm going to try something new today, only going to work my largest muscle groups, legs/back/chest

then its carb time!!! wooooo hooooooo

Bryan
02-06-2003, 06:43 AM
Depletion workout went great yesterday, then I did my magical carbup, which was great! heheh Sigh I've got class early today so I cant post much atm. I'm going to write up a big post tonight regarding my views on the carbup etc.

Bryan
02-06-2003, 04:30 PM
Well First off I'll talk about..

The Carb Up!

This week I decided to try 2 new things when it came to carbing up. First off I changed my depletion routine, this time as I stated earlier, I only worked out my legs/back/chest, it went really well I did a circuit style training until I couldnt even lift the weights anymore. Now as for the carb up I limited it to 24 hours this time, I basically crammed in as many carbs between 12pm and 8pm, I had some coolaid, coco puffs, mcCain 5 min french fries, jelly sandwiches and alot of cottage cheese, along with a 5 litres of water. Now at first I was doubting this short carb up, but I gained 5lbs, which is the normal after my 48 hour carbups. I looked hoooooj when I got up today and looked in the mirror heh

Rant

Why can't people understand one's need to achive things that most see as unachivable? When my parents asked why I dont eat any carbs, they're response was "But you're not fat, why do you need to lose weight?" I guess they just dont understand.

More Later..

Just to add in, I'm at 12% bodyfat

Bryan
02-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Woah, I did my legs/abs/arms today, I'm so tired right now. The squats and deadlifts really killed me, felt great. I'm still kicking along nicely on the CKD diet, gets easier every week. I seem to be a natural at taking ECA lol Not really getting any unpleasant side effects, tho I can notice when I take the pills I get a little kick. Monday morning is weigh in + measure time so I'll have my new stats for you guys on monday.