PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts On The Arnold Classic

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 02:50 PM
The expo was kind of annoying because there were so many damn people there and it was very slow getting from booth to booth. Savannah was right, there are a lot of half dressed girls there. But no girl had a good face:confused: anyways, the companies were pretty laim about giving out "trial size" samples of there products. I got sick trying so many different protein bars that were just sitting out there all cut up and shots of RTD's. I went through a lot of water to try and keep up with all the interesting stuff i was consuming.
Meeting the Pros was really cool. Dorian Yates and Tom Prince were the nicest of all. Some of them seemed irritable from not consuming many carbs, so maybe that is why they were disr****aled. Ferrigno was behind his booth for like 6 hours. He looked like he was in pretty good shape still, but of course he looked confused as ever. For those of you who read Muscular Development, there models were all there, they dont look have as good in real life...
But as far as the show went...
Jay definately won. I had really good seats and I saw jay posing about 1 foot in front of me when they went through the aisles.
The problem with Ruhl was symmetry. If you were at the show, you could tell there is a much bigger sweep of his right back and his left back looks like a big chunk sittin there. And his most musculars... His right delt was much bulkier and higher up in his poses.
The one thing that bothered me about the pros... Where was the calf development Some pretty poor development.
I thought Levrone got robbed... You could tell he was pissed off at the dinner afterwards. At worse, he should have gotten 4th.
It should have gone:
1. Jay
2. Markus
3. Chris
4. Kevin
Dareem Charles went second, he did a really good job at the finals and he was really well put together. I think once his name gets out there and 10 more pounds of mass, he will definately place very high.
The final judgings were obvioulsy very controversial, but these means at The Olympia, it is going to be great to watch Ronnie, Jay, Markus and Gunter go at it. I guess we will all see how the politics play out. :confused:

Silverback
03-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Nice summary SWOLE :)

it sounded like a pretty sweet day, shame about the poor faces, but if savannah was there, then their would be no problemo :D

btw.. did you talk to Ronnie?

Savannah
03-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Hahhaa that is funny cause guess what?
I WAS there! :p
I think I have to agree with SWOLE though. It really is eye opening to witness some of these girls up close.

I never got to go to any of the shows unfortunately and I really was only at the expo for the first 3 hours on the Saturday so I hope that if andwhen I ever decide to go again, it'll be with a different group of people.

Silverback
03-02-2003, 03:06 PM
:eek:

lol that is funny :) thats like finding a needle in a haystack!

Why only 3 hours? how much did you pay for the ticket?

Savannah
03-02-2003, 03:08 PM
Long Story short , the trip was a business sorta thing:)

Silverback
03-02-2003, 03:10 PM
ahh i get ya :)

gopher
03-02-2003, 03:31 PM
I thought Dexter should have won. Jay should not be rewarded for showing up with gyno. Cormier was holding a little water. I agree about Marcu, a mass freak but symmetry is a problem for him. Levrone was also soft and his legs are still too small. Dexter was razor sharpe with perfect symmetry. Unfortunately symmetry and condition have taken a back seat to mass in the IFBB.
Nice boobs Jay!

http://www.flexonline.com/flex/arnoldclassic/images/photos/FDBE1073.jpg
I would have had it
1. Dexter Jackson
2. Chris Cormier
3. Jay Cutler
4. Marcu Ruhl
5. Darrem Charles (much sharper than Kevin)
6. Kevin Levrone

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 04:31 PM
Man... I couldnt tell when I saw Jay from 2 feet away that he had gyno. But that pic right there showed it a little bit, unless since he looked better 2 weeks ago, maybe he was lacking some muscle and was getting a little soft. I patted him on the back, he seemd not so tight, but that might be from pretty much no carbs every day. Dexter Jackson did look really good, but I forget what is was about him that I didnt like.
I didnt talk to Ronnie, but i did see him, MAN was his gut stickin out!!! His roid gut was a little too much for me. His face was lookin a little swollen too, maybe that is because he has too much muscle and there is no where else to put it!!

Silverback
03-02-2003, 04:36 PM
lol, that damn gut :(

i wonder if it is due to increased organ size? for example the intestines, liver etc.. or whether its from all the food he has to chomp to have that much mass?

nate allan
03-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I was at the expo all day saturday from 9:30am to 6:00pm, I agree with everything except the poor faces part. I thought for the most part the girls looked pretty damn good. The only girls I was really dissapointed with were Monica Brant and Kelly Ryan and they are getting up there in age. Remember many of these girls are in their 30's and even 40's. I thought Beth Horn and Kathy Feldman were two of the best. I really wanted to walk up to Skip La Cur and tell him he was lair and fake for claiming to be natural, but I decided it was not wise. I saw Arnold walk by with an Army of Bodyguards. He had more security then the president of the United States!

Since I was there all day, I am sure I saw some people at WBB, but I just didn't reconize you. I was the asian kid with glasses, walking aroung with a VPX in one hand, and a Camcorder in the other. I recorded the entire time I was at the expo, maybe I got some you on tape!

Savannah
03-02-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by nate allan

Since I was there all day, I am sure I saw some people at WBB, but I just didn't reconize you. I was the asian kid with glasses, walking aroung with a VPX in one hand, and a Camcorder in the other. I recorded the entire time I was at the expo, maybe I got some you on tape!

LMAO @ this!

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 06:44 PM
hahahah
VPX sucks!!! all of there stuff tastes like my left a$$ crack!!!! I am sure i saw you:rolleyes: i saw a lot of people i knew from other boards and from where i am from. There was one girl who was hot there, she worked for flex and was selling the clothes, she wore the khaki tight pants with the zipper in the back:drooling: I will post a pic of her too...

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 06:45 PM
I also got a free wife beater from MHP, but once i got it on, i couldnt get it iff, so i tore it in half, who gives out size large at a bodybuilding convention???

BCC
03-02-2003, 06:46 PM
Jesus! Look at Jay's gyno, I hope it doesn't look that bad in all the pictures.

nate allan
03-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by SWOLE
I also got a free wife beater from MHP, but once i got it on, i couldnt get it iff, so i tore it in half, who gives out size large at a bodybuilding convention???

Dude WTF! when I tried to get the wife beater at MHP, the fat guy told me that they were not free. Did you ask? or did you just take one?

chris mason
03-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Speaking for fat guys everywhere, watch your mouth kid!;)

One of these days I am going to make it to an Arnold Classic. Too bad about Jay's gyno. Hopefully he will get it removed. To me, in the above side chest, Cormier wins it. He hits the pose properly, and doesn't look ridiculously syntholed-out.

BCC
03-02-2003, 07:23 PM
I agree with you Chris. Especially about the synthol. Jay's delts look a little lumpy and foreign. Along with his triceps.

SWOLE
03-02-2003, 08:05 PM
Nate Allen: They gave me one. Maybe they thought I was small because they gave me a Large... jerks
Chris Mason: I am fatter, so its all good!!
Chase, Chris: Jay felt kind of soft, maybe from depleting carbs too long??? The guy who had the worst gyno at the show was Roland Kickinger. He was wearing a nike dri fit cutoff, and had major man boobies.
There was one guy who had major synthol arms. he looked like an idiot