PDA

View Full Version : Fat day

EdgeCrusher
03-08-2003, 10:40 PM
So today, after learning I dropped to 210 (from 215 2 weeks ago) , I pigged out Vegan style. I see people have "refeeding days" and I generally never do it, but I ate maybe 4k calories (didn't pay attention, cleaned out a lot of kitchen). I know it won't injure my weight loss too much, but what's your opinion on the impact of a day like that on a cutting cycle?

Manveet
03-08-2003, 10:46 PM
I don't think it will hurt ya, if cheated like that once here and there. Just don't make it a habit. Even when you are refeeding, don't use it as an excuse to consume a crap load of stuff. Be just a meticulous with your diet on refeeds as you are during your normal cutting days.

EdgeCrusher
03-09-2003, 08:11 PM
I ate so much yesterday (when I wrote the above msg) that I wasn't hungry at all today and I could only force myself to drink 2 protein shake servings (one big cup) and 3 Taco Bell Bean Burritos and 2 small sodas. I know it sucked in total worth, but at least I got near (but not really) the total calories I should be eating.

Frozenmoses
03-09-2003, 08:19 PM
A refeed day isn't an excuse to pig out. Refeeds are structured and controlled consumptions. Having said that, having a cheat day like that is no big deal as long as you only do it rarely.

GonePostal
03-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Cheat days allow you stay sane (well most of us). They are good for motivation.

EdgeCrusher
03-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Ok, so it was a cheat day (improving my vocabulary). I generally never do that. I've been cutting the fall semester and this semester so far. Yesterday was my first screw up. (well, winter break was lame, but I cut all I gained then).

Frozenmoses
03-09-2003, 08:27 PM
Then you've got nothing to worry about. It's good for the soul, duder!

Ironman8
03-09-2003, 08:44 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what did you vegetarian binge consist of :confused:

EdgeCrusher
03-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
If you don't mind me asking, what did you vegetarian binge consist of :confused:

Corn chips, salsa, guacamole, chili, some cereal, and stuff I can't remember. I guess it doesn't sound like horrible food, but I ate A LOT of it.

AJ_11
03-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Don't worry It probably did absolutly nothing to you except give you motivation to keep on your daily regimen. You think that was a bige. I have ate around 4k - 5k cals in a sitting. (Natty PB, I swear they put something in it) The most I seen it do was get my but in the gym and not buy peanut butter( well till the next time I saw it)

What I am getting it once in a while you need to do it to prevent the Big Phuck ups. Now I have controlled refeeds and this helps me out becasue I save it for one or two meals in the week and it gives me something to look forward too.